Exercise Apathy

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hey guys, so I can't seem to find a way to overcome this feeling of apathy, I'm around 20-30 pounds overweight and just can't seem to get into it. I go into the Y and its always packed and I hate working out around people so I get on a cardio machine instead of lifting how I wanted to and then I just get pissed and leave. Today I was in the gym for 10 minutes max. I also have chronic pain in my right hip/back and my right shoulder, that started last time I worked out for a year. I'm not single anymore, so that can't be a motivator. I work my job get into bed and either get off or watch BS shit or research articles or whatever all night laying in bed. I thought TRT would be like the overcoming factor, and at first it was, but now I'm fatter than ever. I'm taking like 8mg of Albuterol a day to help, going to start taking more, but if I don't get in the gym what is the god damn point. Thinking of getting Adderall or something to help in case I'm just depressed. I'm seriously wanting to just keep increasing my dose of Albuterol and add T3 until I die or lose weight. I can't play any sports because my job is a freelance physically demanding that pays well, but if I get in anymore screwed up shape than I am or get injured bye bye there goes my career and lots of money.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

I don't know if this works for your schedule or not, but I too was sick of going to the Y after work and finding it totally packed to the point where I could not do my workout because every machine or weight station had like 3 guys on it working in with each other. I started going in the morning before work and found that to make a huge difference for the better. 1) If I wait until after work, I am tired and will talk myself out of going. 2) By hitting it hard in the AM I already feel like I have accomplished something before I even start work, plus it is 'out of the way' for the rest of the day. Now I am not talking about anything crazy early, I get up at 6:00 have a pre-workout and get there by 6:30. Getting up a bit earlier was only hard for the first couple of weeks, after that it became habit.

ERO

Also, post up your latest labs if you have them. It may be that something just needs a bit of adjustment in your protocol. Everybody is different and what works great for one guy may not even feel like being on TRT for another guy.

PAUL-E

You've been given some good advice I would also add that TRT is not a fix all and only puts you in "Normal" range and there are plenty of overweight people not on TRT that have good testosterone levels. what I'm trying to say is you cant always count on the medications to do the work for you start out small do a little at a time and build up to a routine also look at your diet and see if improvements can be made there check your A1C it will be a good indicator of how well your eating. I'm struggling with weight loss myself and understand your frustration but hey everyone's got to start somewhere and I give you respect for making an effort!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardoc

I hate working out around others also, as well as having to go out to do it. I gradually built a home gym by starting with a set of Bowflex Selectech Dumbbells. They adjust between 10 and 90 lbs by turning a dial. There is also a smaller set up to 50 lbs ( I think). There are other brands also but these are the ones I'm familiar with. This and an adjustable bench takes up little room and you can do a wide array of exercises. May still have to hit the Y for squat/deadlift day though. http://www.bowflexinternational.com.../Bowflexreg+SelectTechreg+1090i+Dumbbells.jsp

PAUL-E

I hate working out around others also, as well as having to go out to do it. I gradually built a home gym by starting with a set of Bowflex Selectech Dumbbells. They adjust between 10 and 90 lbs by turning a dial. There is also a smaller set up to 50 lbs ( I think). There are other brands also but these are the ones I'm familiar with. This and an adjustable bench takes up little room and you can do a wide array of exercises. May still have to hit the Y for squat/deadlift day though. http://www.bowflexinternational.com.../Bowflexreg+SelectTechreg+1090i+Dumbbells.jsp

I workout at home as well. I bought a set of used PowerBlock dumbbells 5-90lbs for $300 I am happy with. They are more compact than the bowflex allowing greater range of motion on certain exercises but take slightly longer to change the weight. http://www.powerblock.com/prod_homeuse_elite5-90.php
also thought you might like this vid.

My GF was in a similar boat...trying to get motivated, then find a gym and then a time of day that was conducive to everything else in her day. She figured it out and found dead times at her local Planet Fitness now she's kind of unstoppable. But don't be tied to a "gym"...go for a walk in the 'hood, or the local high school track. Run the stairs at work or at your apartment, etc.., I tell some folks that get a little anxiety (not that you do) about a gym...there's all sorts of people...body builders, old, young, male, female, obese, buff...there's quite a mix, at my gym anyway. The point is is to start doing something, anything.

Lancealot

I know when I started TRT I gained weight, 10# or so pretty quickly. Took a couple months for my body to adjust to the new hormones and stabilize. I know for me in my 40's now, I have had to really cut back calories to see any weight loss. I have always been a lifter since teen years and the restored T levels really have added results in the gym. If you can discipline yourself to go regularly then you will see results and for me that's enough motivation to keep going back. I had to find off times at the gym when it wasn't so crowded. I'm not a morning person so I train after work, but started coming home, eat dinner then nap or chores or whatever then hit the gym at 8pm or so. Usually its cleared out by then. You just have to find what works for you and dig deep and stay motivated. Best of luck...

warrior1

I will say it again, as a fitness trainer for the last 26yrs. Find yourself a good local trainer, meet to discuss goals, match up personalities and get started! Our job is motivation, provide instruction and hold you accountable.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Audiogeek

I am glad you are here. You seem to need support from people who have been there also. Not a great feeling to feel hopeless about your health and performance.

I have been depressed in the past. It is not easy to exercise when you are in the hole. Other interventions (pharmaceutical and cognitive) need to happen to learn how to channel the negative and hopeless self-talk.
Most people fail at losing weight and keeping it off in our society. Stress can take over easily if we do not reach out and learn ways to handle our demons.

Glad you are here. But I can tell you started this thread and walked away from it. I hope you are well.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me