Estrogen Blocker or not when taking TRT/HCG

Buy Lab Tests Online

Daddy69

I have been on TRT for 15 years. I am waiting for my HCG prescription to arrive and feel comfortable adding that to my regimen. Since my doctor is not an Endocrinologist, he is prescribing Estrogen blockers and TRT.

My question is if I take TRT/HCG, do I still need the estrogen blocker? I realize that everyone is different, and I will depend on my blood tests, but this is more of a general question... In general terms, does HCG remove the need for Estrogen blockers? Thank you in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

TucsonJJ

I have been on TRT for 15 years. I am waiting for my HCG prescription to arrive and feel comfortable adding that to my regimen. Since my doctor is not an Endocrinologist, he is prescribing Estrogen blockers and TRT.

My question is if I take TRT/HCG, do I still need the estrogen blocker? I realize that everyone is different, and I will depend on my blood tests, but this is more of a general question... In general terms, does HCG remove the need for Estrogen blockers? Thank you in advance.
I read that they are going to halt the sale of HCG... not sure if true... many pros feel that aromatase inhibitors (AI) are really bad for you... really bad... I tried Arimidex 1mg/week and it made me feel terrible... found out it was way too much (duh)... unfortunatly, after 4 weeks on TRT, I feel really lousy... so will probably stop. Side effects are a little scary. Maybe just me. What are your estradiol levels last blood work>? I don't think HCG effects estrogen much... but I am no expert...

Cataceous

Super Moderator
HCG use increases the likelihood that one may need estrogen reduction. This is because it acutely stimulates aromatization in Leydig cells. It also has a very long half-life relative to the LH it is intended to replace. Intratesticular estradiol creation is more resistant to aromatase inhibition because of the relatively high concentration of testosterone in that environment.

TucsonJJ

Ah... good to know... some experienced guys online say don't worry about estradiol... unless badly out of balance with T... so much info out there... much of it so different from each other... Sub-Q vs IM is another example... (I thought Sub-Q won that argument)...
Have you heard that HCG will be taken off the market? Could be a bogus rumor...

swoops36

Ah... good to know... some experienced guys online say don't worry about estradiol... unless badly out of balance with T... so much info out there... much of it so different from each other... Sub-Q vs IM is another example... (I thought Sub-Q won that argument)...
Have you heard that HCG will be taken off the market? Could be a bogus rumor...
HCG isn’t going anywhere. The FDA started enforcing a rule about certain compounded medicines (HCG is one of them), so some compounding labs stopped making it. However, I think Empower posted something about fighting it legally and having new legislation written that allows for its compounding to continue. It’s still available in regular pharmacies, but since most of these clinics use compounded labs, it’s created some drama

Vince

Super Moderator

Hcg will increase estrogen. Most healthy men will not need Estrogen blockers they are the most overused drug in TRT also causes the most issues

TucsonJJ

HCG isn’t going anywhere. The FDA started enforcing a rule about certain compounded medicines (HCG is one of them), so some compounding labs stopped making it. However, I think Empower posted something about fighting it legally and having new legislation written that allows for its compounding to continue. It’s still available in regular pharmacies, but since most of these clinics use compounded labs, it’s created some drama
Hey, Swoops, thanks for all your help... I think I may have stumbled into the reason for my problems... read a post by a guy complaining that TRT, 3 weeks in, was making him feel a LOT like I do... he thinks his blood sugar crashed and has symptoms of hypoglycemia! bad but good... if this is the cause of my problems... I can easily fix it! And I have been skipping dinner or eating only a small amount for months... Thoughts?

swoops36

Hey, Swoops, thanks for all your help... I think I may have stumbled into the reason for my problems... read a post by a guy complaining that TRT, 3 weeks in, was making him feel a LOT like I do... he thinks his blood sugar crashed and has symptoms of hypoglycemia! bad but good... if this is the cause of my problems... I can easily fix it! And I have been skipping dinner or eating only a small amount for months... Thoughts?
That can lead to hypo symptoms, sure. That’s easy for you to test, like you said. I’d imagine that introducing test into your system would change how nutrients are used, but I’m not 100% sure about that.

TorontoTRT

Arimidex is a toxic chemotherapy drug. The cons outweigh the pros. Very few pros anyway. Your body needs estrogen. The more testosterone you have the more estrogen you need.

JimGainz

The best protocol would be to start the regiment without an AI and get labs quickly to assess estradiol Levels while also keeping track of your symptoms.

I have gone back-and-forth on this. I was on an AI dose but kept crashing my estrogen, and then came off completely. Felt fine, but my estradiol was creeping up around 90. Didn’t really have symptoms, but I just felt it was not a natural level so I went back on .25 mg twice a week - crashed estrogen again :) – now I just take .25 once per week. Most of the symptoms and side effects are actually from low estrogen and not the drug itself. I didn’t really have many issues with estrogen high, or low, But I would say I feel slightly better with my estradiol In a mid range of around 45 or 50, which is a very healthy level.
As with any drug, it’s better to not have to take it. But, you have to be careful and don’t want to mess around if you are one of those people that get high estrogen symptoms – so look out for itchy nipples, bloating, acne, irritability etc. and do not hesitate to go on one if needed.

TorontoTRT

The best protocol would be to start the regiment without an AI and get labs quickly to assess estradiol Levels while also keeping track of your symptoms.

I have gone back-and-forth on this. I was on an AI dose but kept crashing my estrogen, and then came off completely. Felt fine, but my estradiol was creeping up around 90. Didn’t really have symptoms, but I just felt it was not a natural level so I went back on .25 mg twice a week - crashed estrogen again :) – now I just take .25 once per week. Most of the symptoms and side effects are actually from low estrogen and not the drug itself. I didn’t really have many issues with estrogen high, or low, But I would say I feel slightly better with my estradiol In a mid range of around 45 or 50, which is a very healthy level.
As with any drug, it’s better to not have to take it. But, you have to be careful and don’t want to mess around if you are one of those people that get high estrogen symptoms – so look out for itchy nipples, bloating, acne, irritability etc. and do not hesitate to go on one if needed.
Why would think 90 is not natural? Your testosterone is also not natural. Estrogen has to go up as testosterone goes up. If you have no side effects you don’t need to fix something that ain’t broken. I’ve been on as much as 250 mg test a week. Never used AI. Necker had any symptoms.

JimGainz

To my knowledge there are no healthy 25-year-old men out there with an Estradiol of 90 even in ones with Testosterone at 800:)

Seriously, in retrospect, I was getting more “emotional”. Could be in my head. But I did drop a little water weight.

Last edited:

TorontoTRT

Yeah for 800 , 90 would be high but did you give it enough time to balance out? I’m looking at total testosterone being about 14-20 times higher then estrogen.

JimGainz

That’s a good ratio for Test / Estradiol.
I definitely gave it enough time to balance out- 8 weeks into my new protocol. My last one was 78 E2 with Total T 727 w/ no AI. Time before that was 50 and before that I was on an AI and it ranged from 6-35.

TucsonJJ

I wonder if boron would work as an alternative.. or pregnenalone? Not as strong, I'm sure...
I had itchy nipples before I went on TRT... and now have bad side effects from the TRT... will be seeing a new endocrine Doc... but that's in a week and I feel crappy... I have some Anastrozole... but that stuff really made me feel bad the one time I tried it (1mg/week, too strong I know)... I wonder of me feeling crappy is due to estrogen and not the trt?

Smokey

I read that they are going to halt the sale of HCG... not sure if true... many pros feel that aromatase inhibitors (AI) are really bad for you... really bad... I tried Arimidex 1mg/week and it made me feel terrible... found out it was way too much (duh)... unfortunatly, after 4 weeks on TRT, I feel really lousy... so will probably stop. Side effects are a little scary. Maybe just me. What are your estradiol levels last blood work>? I don't think HCG effects estrogen much... but I am no expert...I thought I needed hcg. Every time I took it I was good for 3-6 weeks and then my estrogen would build up and I would start feeling bad. Would try AI with only painful joints. THEN I put the hcg aside, started sublingual DHEA and Pregenolone and all is good

Smokey

Yes! But try a micro dose not the normal prescribed amount. Depending on you Estradiol i would never do anymore than .05 twice per
Week

Last edited:

JimGainz

I wonder if boron would work as an alternative.. or pregnenalone? Not as strong, I'm sure...
I had itchy nipples before I went on TRT... and now have bad side effects from the TRT... will be seeing a new endocrine Doc... but that's in a week and I feel crappy... I have some Anastrozole... but that stuff really made me feel bad the one time I tried it (1mg/week, too strong I know)... I wonder of me feeling crappy is due to estrogen and not the trt?
I would bet your symptoms are from estrogen. Boron won’t do anything. DHEA is a must but it will not raise your testosterone level.

If it were me, I’d pop .25 mg of the Arimidex and see how I’d feel and get E2 checked at the Endo.

Smokey

Dosage and brand of DHEA/Preg combo? I am seriously considering that if I quit TRT... thx!
I use 50 mg a day of each and use the superior source micro lingual (they don’t resolve real well under tongue so you kinda have to crunch them with your teeth first. Not sure these are needed if you aren’t on HRT

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me