Estradiol (E2) … With a High E2 is there a propensity to gain weight?

Buy Lab Tests Online

jacb

Estradiol (E2), is an estrogen steroid hormone.

If you are suffering from Insulin Resistance, as increasing numbers of people are (Fatty Liver / carrying extra weight around the waist etc) It is accepted that one of the many things you want to do to get back in control of the situation, is to lower estrogen. The effect of weight caused by estrogen can be seen in Woman who are pregnant or going through the menopause (in both situations estrogen increases) and so does weight.

Since Estradiol (E2) is a by product of TRT, my question is does Estradiol (E2) have the same effect in Insulin resistance terms that estrogen has?

If so …. does TRT with an increasing does, come with increasing propensity to put on weight because of aromatase, converting T to E2?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
The causality probably runs in the other direction: it is increasing body fat that leads to more aromatization and estradiol. To "get back in control" you must lower the fat to reduce the estrogen. And in further contrast, estradiol is associated with lean mass, so at normal levels it may be helpful for body composition.
This isn't to say there will be no side effects from estradiol at higher TRT doses. Anecdotally, higher absolute levels are said to contribute to emotionalism, and some men claim there's disruption of sexual function.

madman

Super Moderator
Estradiol (E2), is an estrogen steroid hormone.

If you are suffering from Insulin Resistance, as increasing numbers of people are (Fatty Liver / carrying extra weight around the waist etc) It is accepted that one of the many things you want to do to get back in control of the situation, is to lower estrogen. The effect of weight caused by estrogen can be seen in Woman who are pregnant or going through the menopause (in both situations estrogen increases) and so does weight.

Since Estradiol (E2) is a by product of TRT, my question is does Estradiol (E2) have the same effect in Insulin resistance terms that estrogen has?

If so …. does TRT with an increasing does, come with increasing propensity to put on weight because of aromatase, converting T to E2?

Having healthy estradiol levels is needed when it comes to body composition.

jacb

Thanks to Cataceous & Madman for their reply’s to my question.

I appreciated that it was a basic question based on certain assumptions.

The thought formed because of a video on by Dr Eric Berg Video Link and his drop down notes on the same video.

In the video he says with the presence of insulin your not going to burn fat (to be fair, view the video to put that in contex) and he lists the following items in his drop down notes:

To get insulin resistance under control, you have to limit:
• Sugar/carbs
• Protein
• Gastrointestinal hormones
• Estrogen

Thanks again.

Last edited:

DixieWrecked

It seems logical to me that too high of estrogen would cause unwanted distributions of fat on your body. Your reference to how hormonal changes can affect female fat accrual is pertinent to the debate because it clearly shows how hormones affect human bodies. While a base level of Estrogen is absolutely required for numerous functions, including healthy mind and body there is no doubt that hormonal imbalances can cause unwanted effects.

On the other side, body builders literally inject insulin. I'd speculate that if you are lifting weights and eating healthy, if higher estrogen does cause more insulin (haven't researched it), it could actually be beneficial to your physique.

jacb

DixieWrecked I tend to agree with your thoughts from a logical point of view.

In fact the same Dr talks about the Insulin Resistance and body building in other videos LINK & LINK 2, LINK 3 they seems to concur in part with your Insulin thoughts.

The problem is if you are all ready Insulin resistant, “adding” more insulin just makes the insulin resistance issue more pronounced.

Last edited:

TorontoTRT

The causality probably runs in the other direction: it is increasing body fat that leads to more aromatization and estradiol. To "get back in control" you must lower the fat to reduce the estrogen. And in further contrast, estradiol is associated with lean mass, so at normal levels it may be helpful for body composition.
This isn't to say there will be no side effects from estradiol at higher TRT doses. Anecdotally, higher absolute levels are said to contribute to emotionalism, and some men claim there's disruption of sexual function.
Correct. My last blood test E2 was 100. I’m
loosing weight and zero water retention.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale