Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Using Focused Linear Shockwaves

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Using Focused Linear Low-Intensity Extracorporeal Shockwaves: Single-Blind, Sham-Controlled, Randomized Clinical Trial

Abstract

Introduction: Low-intensity extracorporeal shock wave therapy (Li-ESWT) is a new treatment modality for erectile dysfunction (ED). Our aim was to evaluate the treatment outcome of Li-ESWT for ED in single-blind, placebo controlled, randomized clinical trial.

Methods: Sixty patients were randomized into 2 age-matched groups: Group A – treatment and Group B – placebo. Treatment consisted of 4 sessions on the PiezoWave2 unit (R. Wolf and ELvation Medical). Effectiveness was assessed according to the International Index of Erectile Function 5 (IIEF-5), Erectile Hardness Score (EHS), questions 2 and 3 of the Sexual Encounter Profile (SEP 2, SEP 3), and Global Assessment Question (GAQ) scores at baseline and 4 and 12 weeks after treatment. We evaluated patient’s and partner’s subjective satisfaction.

Results: A statistically significant difference between the groups was found at 4 and 12 weeks after treatment with regard to the quality of erection as measured by the IIEF-5 (p = 0.049 and p < 0.001, respectively), the EHS after week 12 (p < 0.001), an increase in the EHS after 4 and 12 weeks (p = 0.030 and p < 0.001, respectively), after 12 weeks in GAQ (p < 0.001), SEP 2 (p = 0.05), SEP 3 (p < 0.001), and patient’s satisfaction (p < 0.001) and partner’s satisfaction (p < 0.001).

Conclusions: The randomized single-blind study confirms that Li-ESWT significantly improves erectile function.

Li-ESWT is a potential restorative therapy for post-RP ED; however, additional preclinical and clinical studies are required before its widespread use [32].

Current nonsurgical treatment options of ED, including PDE5i, provide temporary relief but have failed to provide a permanent improvement of the condition. The use of Li-ESWT has previously been described in other disease contexts, such as ischemic heart disease, bone fractures, and burns, in which it improves neoangiogenesis; similar principles seem to apply in the erectile tissue. The major potential advantage of the treatment, therefore, is the possibility to restore natural EF. Li-ESWT has also been suggested to improve the effect of PDE5i in non-responders, reducing the need for more invasive treatment. The search for the clinical value of Li-ESWT for ED represents a dynamic and continuing field of enquiry [34].

Therapeutic potential of Li-ESWT is in sexual medicine other than ED. In Peyronie’s disease, Li-ESWT has been shown to decrease pain but not clinically relevant benefits regarding plaque size or penile curvature have been shown in randomized clinical trials. The application of Li-ESWT to the tissue after stem cell transplantation may increase the erectile response following cavernous nerve injury due to diabetic damage. Li-ESWT has shown promise in pelvic pain. Other studies are needed, before considering this new treatment as the new standard for the treatment of ED [35].

Limitations

The limitations of the study are the relatively small number of patients, short follow-up period and only single-blind study.

Attachments

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Golfboy307

Shock wave therapy continues to generate good results in small studies. I know there are some doctors here in the US working on a much larger scale study. As discussed in other threads, the costs right now are pretty high per session. I will likely try this at some point, but want to wait until the costs come down a bit and more studies come out. Its not going to help everyone of course.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me