Ended up in ER last month

Buy Lab Tests Online

cheters23

Just a quick overview. I have been on TRT since 2013 and I have felt great on it. I have been on 28 mg Test EOD and 200 IU of HCG EOD. I am currently 40 y/o 6'2" 205 lbs. My last labs these are my levels

Testosterone,Free and Total: 802 ng/dl (264-916)
Free Testosterone(Direct): 21.6 pg/dl (6.8-21.5)
Estradiol, Sensitive 37.7pg/ml (8.0-35.0)
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 27.7 nmol/L (16.5-55.9)

On March 21st I was watching TV with my g/f and I got up to use my inversion table because I have lower back issues and it helps. When I started inverting I felt my heart rate speed up really fast, so I came back up and it kept getting faster and faster like my heart was going to explode out of my chest. I came off the inversion table and felt really dizzy, so I sat down and had my g/f get my oximeter/pulse reader and it was reading 210 bpm for about 10 mins straight. I ended up calling 911 and by the time the ambulance got to me my heart rate was hovering around 145 bpm.

I got to the ER and they did EKGs and everything looked fine, but my heart rate was at around 130 still. My blood pressure was at 180/110 when I first arrived in the ER. They ended up giving me Adenosine to help slow down my heart rate. The ER doc talked to me and says it could be that I have Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT). I was sent home 4 hours later after I normalized.

I ended up seeing a cardiologist and he said he doesn't think it is SVT, so he had me wear Holter monitor for 2 weeks and see if it catches anything. I just got a message from him today that my Holter monitor showed everything is normal. Now I have to wait another month for another appointment with him a month from now and they are going to do an Echocardiogram of my heart.

Ever since I had this episode I can't even get out of a chair without my heart rate spiking up over 120-130 bpm. I am scared to even do any type of hard cardio. I was messing around with my Oculus quest headset playing a game called beat saber and I felt my heart start racing so I took off the VR headset and took my HR and it was at 180bpm, for about a min and then it started settling back down.

I started having these weird heart speeding up issues about 2 years ago and I seen another cardiologist and those came back normal as well. I will have episodes where I feel my heart speed up for a 5-10 secs and then it goes away, so i just started thinking it is normal. After my ER episode my heart has really been acting up.

Now my GP is suggesting that I should lower my test levels to be in 400-600 range, because he thinks that is my issue. I really don't think this is what is causing my issue.

Has anyone here have anything like this happen to them? If so, did you ever find out what was going on? I have been looking up things on what could make heart like that besides SVT and only logical thing I can find is something called pheochromocytoma, but I only have a few of those symptoms, and my understanding it is really rare to have. Any help would be apricated.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I have had the same type of sporadic increase in heart rate increases as you for the past 10 years. I started TRT last year and still have the episodes. I had one while I was on the tread mill doing a stress test. The nurse almost jumped out of her skin.....said, "what was that? Did you feel anything just now?" I can not get them to happen at will. I think it is stress related. Caffeine probably adds to it. I am an A type personality and when I get mad, I really get mad. I get physically sick at times and feel stress and anger in my gut and lower back. When I am feeling good and happy.....it doesn't happen.

UCFguy01

Sounds like an electrical issue in your heart. It doesn't sound like it's the testosterone at all. Could be stress, dehydration or lack of electrolytes. I used to get PVCs all the time and had an ablation done to fix it. The electrical system in your heart can play havoc on your heart beat and heart rate. I also went into Afib last year and found out it was due to high exertion while being dehydrated. Now I drink a gatorade zero and water often and don't have any problems.

Fortunate

A number of things can cause tachycardia and elevated blood pressure, but elevated Testosterone is not likely the cause. Exotic things like a pheochromocytoma (adrenal tumor), thyroiditis (viral or otherwise) can do this. So can WPW as noted above. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy can do it, which is why you need an echo. I wish I could say you will find and answer here, but that is not likely. You are only part of the way through a typical work up. Stay with your cardiologist and keep you PCP in the loop. Will you post when you know more?

cheters23

I just end up in the ER again 2 days ago. I had my 2nd covid shot (pfizer) on Monday. The next day I was running a 101 temp, had some body aches, but other than that I felt fine. I went to walk my dog for a few minutes. I came home and was sitting around and noticed my heart rate start to increase and I measured it and it was at 140 bpm. I tried to get out of it by doing some vagal maneuvers to try and get myself out. It would briefly go down to 100 bpm then shoot back up to 140 bpm. After about 30 mins of being into this I decided it was time to go to the ER again.

At the ER the highest my HR got was up to 170 bpm. They did an CT Angio Chest w contrast and everything came back fine. They end up injecting me with a beta blocker to help get my heart rate down. He sent me home with a prescription beta blocker (Metoprolol) to take everyday. I have to wait for my next cardiologist to talk with him. I am really confused on what is going on because all of my test are coming back normal other than these heart heart rate spikes.

Fortunate

Wow, that is really high. Good call on CT to rule out pulmonary embolism. You really need an explanation. Beta blocker will treat symptoms, but still don't know cause. Get back into cardiologist ASAP. Maybe one with a background in EP (electrophysiology).

cheters23

Wow, that is really high. Good call on CT to rule out pulmonary embolism. You really need an explanation. Beta blocker will treat symptoms, but still don't know cause. Get back into cardiologist ASAP. Maybe one with a background in EP (electrophysiology).
I already wore a Zio XT monitor for 2 weeks. On Monday he said everything looked normal except for the occasional fast heart rate. I am assuming this monitor would be able to pick up something like WPW and/or SVT?

cheters23

It's a screening tool. May not answer those questions for you.
I just got back from visiting the cardiologist and she said that my monitor I wore for 2 weeks did show i went into SVT 3 different times in my report for a short period of time. She said that the times that I did hit the button where I though I had an episode didn't show any SVT, but i did have an elevated HR a lot. The average HR I had was between 70-120bpm. She did say the most my heart got to was 190 bpm and 12:30 am, so I am assuming that was when me and my girlfriend were having sex. That is still way to high :(. I was able to get an appointment tomorrow for an echocardiology, so I am glad this is going a little faster now. I will keep you posted.

Just a quick overview. I have been on TRT since 2013 and I have felt great on it. I have been on 28 mg Test EOD and 200 IU of HCG EOD. I am currently 40 y/o 6'2" 205 lbs. My last labs these are my levels

On March 21st I was watching TV with my g/f and I got up to use my inversion table because I have lower back issues and it helps. When I started inverting I felt my heart rate speed up really fast, so I came back up and it kept getting faster and faster like my heart was going to explode out of my chest. I came off the inversion table and felt really dizzy, so I sat down and had my g/f get my oximeter/pulse reader and it was reading 210 bpm for about 10 mins straight. I ended up calling 911 and by the time the ambulance got to me my heart rate was hovering around 145 bpm.

I got to the ER and they did EKGs and everything looked fine, but my heart rate was at around 130 still. My blood pressure was at 180/110 when I first arrived in the ER. They ended up giving me Adenosine to help slow down my heart rate. The ER doc talked to me and says it could be that I have Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT). I was sent home 4 hours later after I normalized.

I ended up seeing a cardiologist and he said he doesn't think it is SVT, so he had me wear Holter monitor for 2 weeks and see if it catches anything. I just got a message from him today that my Holter monitor showed everything is normal. Now I have to wait another month for another appointment with him a month from now and they are going to do an Echocardiogram of my heart.

Ever since I had this episode I can't even get out of a chair without my heart rate spiking up over 120-130 bpm. I am scared to even do any type of hard cardio. I was messing around with my Oculus quest headset playing a game called beat saber and I felt my heart start racing so I took off the VR headset and took my HR and it was at 180bpm, for about a min and then it started settling back down.

I started having these weird heart speeding up issues about 2 years ago and I seen another cardiologist and those came back normal as well. I will have episodes where I feel my heart speed up for a 5-10 secs and then it goes away, so i just started thinking it is normal. After my ER episode my heart has really been acting up.

Now my GP is suggesting that I should lower my test levels to be in 400-600 range, because he thinks that is my issue. I really don't think this is what is causing my issue.

Has anyone here have anything like this happen to them? If so, did you ever find out what was going on? I have been looking up things on what could make heart like that besides SVT and only logical thing I can find is something called pheochromocytoma, but I only have a few of those symptoms, and my understanding it is really rare to have. Any help would be apricated.

This happened to me 7 years ago before any sort of testosterone therapy. It was 8am and I was having my first cigarette of the morning (and the last of my life). I finished and was walking up the street in NYC and all of the sudden my vision started to go and I felt like I was going to pass out. My HR spiked. I called my wife and we sat in our lobby and it happened again. So we walked across the street to the hospital and they ran an EKG and a troponine test. My BP was thru the roof, my HR was thru the roof. I hung out in the hospital for about 6 hours, then wore a holter for 2 weeks. Nothing. For about 2-3 months the feeling would come back at times during exercise, sometimes not. I resigned myself that most likely it was anxiety of some sort like a panic attack. Stopped happening 4 years ago maybe and haven't had it since.

Jon H

I had problems with elevated heart rate for at least two decades. I had multiple heart tests done to rule out any of the usual causes, and they didn't find anything conclusive (except that all arteries were absolutely clear, a perfect calcium score, and no structural abnormalities). During one of the heart scans they had to use a drug to lower my heart rate to 60bpm, and it took multiple large doses to get it that low. The docs said they'd never had someone that took that large of a dose to lower the rate.

I was unable to donate blood for years, since the lowest it would ever get was 101-107bpm, which was over the limit of 100.

I did have high blood pressure, so I started taking 2,000mg of magnesium glycinate per day. Within a very short period of time my blood pressure became normal. The shocker to me was that my heart rate lowered to an average of 75, and stopped spiking.

sfjohn

A second opinion with an ElectroCardiologist would probably be extremely helpful. Personally I ended up with an implanted defibrillator for different reasons. What you describe sounds like an electrical issue so I suggest you see an ElectroCardiologist. Testosterone doesn’t sound like it has anything to do with it. It also sound like yo can reliably increase your HR by doing certain things. Doing one of these things when you visit the ElectroCardiologist might be helpful.

jcmaxwell

There is a high probability that you have Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia (PAT). Wearing a monitor for 2 weeks may not capture PAT since the period between episodes can be random and indeterminate. Shortly after I graduated from high school, I began having bouts of very rapid heartbeat, where my heart would jump from 70 to 240 bps in less than a minute. After consulting with several doctors, I finally got a proper diagnosis. I was placed on beta blockers, which made the bouts of PAT more frequent. At the age of 25, I had a bout that just wouldn’t go away. I presented to the ER, where I observed a doctor shaking his head as the monitor registered 270 beats per second. I was admired to the ICU and diagnosed with congested heart failure after 2 weeks. I was one of the first patients to be prescribed verapamil, which led to an abatement of symptoms. Twenty five years later, the problem disappeared and I discontinued verapamil. A Duke cardiologist explained to me the underlying mechanism behind PAT — an alternate conduction path that creates a positive feedback loop. As an engineer, I have studied feedback control systems and know that positive feedback loops are inherently unstable. Radio frequency ablation is a medical procedure that can alleviate the problem.

Bennytrt

I was told to get a calcium artery ultrasound every 10 years starting at the age of 40. When you get your blood pressure and pulse under control. Go ahead and donate blood and see if that helps. It won't hurt. Good luck with all of this.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me