Enclomiphene in lieu of TRT: Realistic option or is it even available?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Lumalux

I have reviewed the various posts here regarding employing enclomiphene as a "soft" alternative to going full-blown TRT. I am exploring beginning TRT and in light of my "normal" total T of 415 and marginally low free T of 6.1, I just am really hesitant to force shutdown when my nuts are making some T. I don't want to regret committing to a lifetime of TRT if there are other milder options that may boost my T.

Can anyone chime in who has gone this route? Did it work at all? Is enclomiphene even still available as an option?

What other non-TRT ways (other than OTC supplements) have any potential to increase TRT without shutdown?

Thanks for being so patient with me. As you know, this is an emotional and complicated quest for most men.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Unfortunately pharmaceutical-grade enclomiphene will soon be unavailable in the U.S., thanks to the FDA. It has been a viable option for many men with low testosterone, although there are lingering questions about its long-term effects. In some cases subjective results have been poor even while lab work looks good.

Testosterone nasal gel is potentially a better option. It is very short acting, allowing the HPTA to continue functioning without too much suppression. The name brand is Natesto. Empower Pharmacy offers a comparable product.

Lumalux

Unfortunately pharmaceutical-grade enclomiphene will soon be unavailable in the U.S., thanks to the FDA. It has been a viable option for many men with low testosterone, although there are lingering questions about its long-term effects. In some cases subjective results have been poor even while lab work looks good.

Testosterone nasal gel is potentially a better option. It is very short acting, allowing the HPTA to continue functioning without too much suppression. The name brand is Natesto. Empower Pharmacy offers a comparable product.
Thank you very much. I am not crazy about injecting, and so the T creams and gels looked attractive to me. Do you think that those might also be less suppressive? They seem to work well to raise T and also raise DHT when applied to the scrotum. I have posted here earlier about being fine with highly elevated DHT so I am not concerned about that.

ResearchIt

I don't have low T levels (just have higher range SHBG and maybe slightly lower range Free T), and like you I don't want to commit to full blown TRT. I am not even convinced yet that TRT would actually address my symptoms. However, similar to what you are thinking, I am trying some things out in an attempt to test the waters.

About 3 weeks ago, I began taking enclomiphene 12.5mg twice a week. I guess my prescription got filled right before the FDA announcement. So far, I think the enclomiphene has made a very small improvement in symptoms, but not near as much as I had hoped. I am going to finish what I bought, but if the symptom improvement doesn't increase from here I won't be disappointed about not being able to continue taking it.

After enclomiphene, I want to try out a nasal gel.

Systemlord

I am exploring beginning TRT and in light of my "normal" total T of 415 and marginally low free T of 6.1

Unfortunately, no consensus has been reached regarding the lower TT threshold defining TD, and there are no generally accepted lower limits of normal TT. This lack of consensus follows from the fact that no studies have shown a clear threshold for TT or free T that distinguishes men who will respond to treatment from those who will not.

Meanwhile the number of CAG (cytosine–adenine–guanine triplet) repeats in androgen receptor differs in men and influences the androgen receptor activity. Hence testosterone sensitivity may vary in different individuals.

The same applies to androgen receptor gene CAG repeat lengths >24 in the presence of symptoms and normal testosterone levels may be considered as a state of preclinical hypogonadism.

dagm18_5_f1.jpg

Canes407

I don't have low T levels (just have higher range SHBG and maybe slightly lower range Free T), and like you I don't want to commit to full blown TRT. I am not even convinced yet that TRT would actually address my symptoms. However, similar to what you are thinking, I am trying some things out in an attempt to test the waters.

About 3 weeks ago, I began taking enclomiphene 12.5mg twice a week. I guess my prescription got filled right before the FDA announcement. So far, I think the enclomiphene has made a very small improvement in symptoms, but not near as much as I had hoped. I am going to finish what I bought, but if the symptom improvement doesn't increase from here I won't be disappointed about not being able to continue taking it.

After enclomiphene, I want to try out a nasal gel.
12.5mg twice a week does not sound sufficient. Was there a reason for such minimal dosing? I was told to take it at least 5x/week.

JmarkH

Ever have vision problems on such a high dose of encclomiphene, such as eye floaters commonly reported by Clomid users?
No. I was on 25mg Clomid and the doc wanted to up me to 50mg so I requested Enclomiphene. I've never had vision side effects with either. I don't take T. I was amazed at how much calmer and even-keeled I am with Enclomiphene over Clomid.

ResearchIt

12.5mg twice a week does not sound sufficient. Was there a reason for such minimal dosing? I was told to take it at least 5x/week.
I agree, 12.5mg of enclomiphene twice a week is quite a small dose. However, my lab values are also really not bad, so I wanted to start with just a small dose to see what difference that would make. I am going to experiment with more frequent doses as well, but ultimately want to get by with the smallest dose that works.

JmarkH

Estradiol 38.4 r 7.6-42.6. So, these are numbers I can live with. I feel the best I have in years. No boost on medication days, just an even state.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me