Empower vs Pregnyl HCG

Buy Lab Tests Online

Steve78

Big Surprise today, I have been using Compounded HCG along with my Scrotal Cream since I had 40% of my prostate removed by ablation 2 years ago for BPH, since then I have Retrograde ejaculated.
2 weeks ago, I switched to Pregnyl .40mL twice a week, this am when I ejaculated it was like before prostate surgery.
Awesome! How much was .4 ml? You can dilute it many different ways

Did your testicles change with the pregnyl?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JRos895

Ya exactly. Because I’ve had E2 way higher in test alone and have never once had any nipple issues while on test by itself. So the HCG must have been increasing my prolactin too much, I assume, or some other downstream hormones that were contributing to the nipple issues
I’ve always wondered if increased prolactin is associated with increased nipple itchiness whereas increased estradiol is associated with increased tenderness.

Gman86

Why not up your AI and continue hcg mono?
We’re your testicles bigger on hcg mono than test plus hcg?
Not sure tbh. This was way before I really knew much about HRT. Was going based off of whatever the doc thought was best. After HCG mono we tried Clomid monotherapy, but that was unsuccessful as well

And ya testicles were as big if not slightly bigger on HCG mono than when I had low T. And definitely bigger than on test and HCG together

Gman86

I’ve always wondered if increased prolactin is associated with increased nipple itchiness whereas increased estradiol is associated with increased tenderness.
Not sure tbh. I’ve had really high E2 levels on test alone and had zero of either. But on HCG mono I had both

JRos895

Looking forward to it. I’m about to take my first semen analysis (currently on trt, HCG and HMG). I plan to consider HCG mono therapy + HMG if needed as I believe that should yield greater fertility benefits?
Would you mind sharing the results when you get them?

Totally understand if you don’t want to share though.

Last edited:

JRos895

Have you ever done a semen analysis to see how much HCG monotherapy has improved semen quality?
Ok so my results are in.

My S.A. when on T+HCG (80mg+1000iu a week) was 2 million/ml.

My S.A. now on HCG mono (4500 iu a week split into 3x) is 16 million/ml. Total volume was 3 ml and 55% for motility. I’m pretty happy overall as I think this is enough to freeze for future IVF and IUI if needed. I may consider adding HMG/FSH right now but don’t think it’s needed right now for my goals of freezing.

I kinda wish looking back that I tried T+HCG+HMG first before going full throttle on the HCG mono as it would have just been easier to try adding FSH into my protocol. I also just realized that my insurance covers one brand of HMG. Hindsight is hindsight though!

Highly unlikely that I stick with HCG mono long term after I freeze sperm as it’s too expensive and can’t control E2 (E2 barely budged after going from 1mg to 2mg of ANZ). I will probably switch back to T+HCG and may even experiment with adding HMG then just to see how it improves S.A.

cosmoen

Ok so my results are in.

My S.A. now on HCG mono (4500 iu a week split into 3x) is 16 million/ml. Total volume was 3 ml and 55% for motility. I’m pretty happy overall as I think this is enough to freeze for future IVF and IUI if needed. I may consider adding HMG/FSH right now but don’t think it’s needed right now for my goals of freezing.

I kinda wish looking back that I tried T+HCG+HMG first before going full throttle on the HCG mono as it would have just been easier to try adding FSH into my protocol. I also just realized that my insurance covers one brand of HMG. Hindsight is hindsight though!

Highly unlikely that I stick with HCG mono long term after I freeze sperm as it’s too expensive and can’t control E2 (E2 barely budged after going from 1mg to 2mg of ANZ). I will probably switch back to T+HCG and may even experiment with adding HMG then just to see how it improves S.A.
How long between changing protocols did you wait to take new test results? I’ve always wonder how long it takes sperm production/fertility to respond to new changes before re-testing

cosmoen

Would you mind sharing the results when you get them?

Totally understand if you don’t want to share though.
Of course. I am scheduled for tomorrow afternoon to take my first semen analysis after being on trt+hcg+hmg. If results are not good, I will try hcg monotherapy + hmg.

cosmoen

Ok so my results are in.

What was your testosterone level at on T+HCG vs HCG monotherapy?

I’m Currently on T+HCG+HMG and will consider HCG + HMG only if needed to improve semen quality—planning to freeze as well.

JRos895

How long between changing protocols did you wait to take new test results? I’ve always wonder how long it takes sperm production/fertility to respond to new changes before re-testing
I generally hear 3 months is the minimum one should wait to test when on a new protocol. I think results often do get better though past the 3 month mark, so the 3 month mark does not represent the “max” you could say.

I am not sure when that “max” might occur—probably depends on a host of factors such as which medication is being used and general health of HPT axis.

JRos895

What was your testosterone level at on T+HCG vs HCG monotherapy?

I’m Currently on T+HCG+HMG and will consider HCG + HMG only if needed to improve semen quality—planning to freeze as well.
T+HCG ~ 600
HCG Mono ~ 1000

My guess is your protocol would be effective. I think FSH is much more powerful for sperm production than LH/HCG. I know FSH/HMG is expensive, but I feel like it should be recommended more often as a TRT adjunct given its convenience. I feel like your strategy in particular could be recommended more often.

golfguy

Call Optum RX - 877-358-9016. That is who Defy recommends for Pregnyl. I just got mine delivered 10 minutes ago. $125 for 10,000 IU's and free overnight shipping. Hope this helps.

Question for previous Pregnyl users. Can you store in the fridge beyond the 60 day limit safely? I will only use slightly more than half the vial at the 60 day mark and really don't want to throw the rest away. Let me know if you've used beyond 60 days without any side effects or loss of potency.

Thanks.
I just got mine as well from Optum, but the 10,000iu vial had very little powder in it. The powder doesn’t even cover the entire bottom of the vial. Does this sound normal?

I switched over from Empower and the vial was always filled about 1/8 to 1/4 of the way up with powder.

Gman86

I just got mine as well from Optum, but the 10,000iu vial had very little powder in it. The powder doesn’t even cover the entire bottom of the vial. Does this sound normal?

I switched over from Empower and the vial was always filled about 1/8 to 1/4 of the way up with powder.
I also just got some Pregnyl in from Optum and noticed the same thing. Very little powder in the vial. It’s been so long since I’ve used Pregnyl that I can’t remember how much powder the vials had when I used to run it

JRos895

Came back very good! No issues and doctor said is good to go to freeze for IVF.

I will continue my HCG 500iu/2x week + HMG 75iu/3x week
Congrats!

Did you have enough to freeze for IUI as well?

Also, just as another update, my semen parameters have actually gotten stronger in recent months since I posted my first analysis.

cosmoen

Congrats!

Did you have enough to freeze for IUI as well?

Also, just as another update, my semen parameters have actually gotten stronger in recent months since I posted my first analysis.
yes, fortunately everything came back well within the normal range. The reason why we wanted to IVF is bc we are not ready to have kids yet, and are freezing our sperm and eggs for when we want kids in ~3 years. We are turning 34 at the end of this year so wanted freeze ASAP. I will be continuing test 100mg +HCG 500iu/2x + HMG 75iu/3x until all I am done freezing my sperm.

I have requested the actual semen analysis report and will post it as soon as I get it. The doctor did read out the ranges for me and the semen volume, sperm count and motility were all in the middle of the normal ranges.

HCG + HMG does indeed work. I am a believer. I have been on test 100mg/week for 8 years, with HCG only for the first 5 years and adding HMG on and off recent 3 years. I ramped up the HMG dosage consistently 75iu/3x only the recent few months. With the addition of HMG, I can clearly see the changes visually with whiter semen instead of clearish semen on HCG only. Also, when I took the FSH test on HMG, it showed up as 3.9 mIU/ml (normal range is 1.5 - 12.4) so low end of normal; this level of FSH was enough for fertility purposes. I also switched to Pregnyl HCG recent 2 months, not sure if that makes a difference.

cosmoen

Ok so my results are in.

I'm planning to drop the HMG 75iu/3x after I freeze my sperm due to cost. Any potential concerns with this?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me