Empower vs Pregnyl HCG

Buy Lab Tests Online

StepbyStep

Hey guys, having a bit of trouble with my TRT protocol. I'm just not feeling as good as I was and the only thing that has changed is the brand of HCG I'm using.

For the longest time I was using Pregnyl HCG because it was covered by my insurance and only cost me $12/mo even when I was getting x3 10,000iu bottles when I was on HCG mono back in early 2018. My insurance decided to no longer cover it for bogus reasons that I've been trying to sort out since February. Thankfully I had a safety supply stashed away that got me through a couple more months.

When I ran out, I tried to see how I felt without HCG and realized that I do need it to feel optimal. I ended up getting Empower HCG through Defy.

Is it just me, or is the Empower HCG weak? I feel better than with no HCG, but not nearly as good as I did with Pregnyl. I feel a little lethargic, less ejaculate volume, and less orgasm intensity. I've had two rounds of labs since switching brands too and so far with the Empower HCG my TT has been 100-200 ng/dl lower at peak.

I had an appointment last Thursday with Defy and asked about the Empower HCG being weaker. They told me that they've never heard of anyone else having that issue.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

Hey guys, having a bit of trouble with my TRT protocol. I'm just not feeling as good as I was and the only thing that has changed is the brand of HCG I'm using.

For the longest time I was using Pregnyl HCG because it was covered by my insurance and only cost me $12/mo even when I was getting x3 10,000iu bottles when I was on HCG mono back in early 2018. My insurance decided to no longer cover it for bogus reasons that I've been trying to sort out since February. Thankfully I had a safety supply stashed away that got me through a couple more months.

When I ran out, I tried to see how I felt without HCG and realized that I do need it to feel optimal. I ended up getting Empower HCG through Defy.

Is it just me, or is the Empower HCG weak? I feel better than with no HCG, but not nearly as good as I did with Pregnyl. I feel a little lethargic, less ejaculate volume, and less orgasm intensity. I've had two rounds of labs since switching brands too and so far with the Empower HCG my TT has been 100-200 ng/dl lower at peak.

I had an appointment last Thursday with Defy and asked about the Empower HCG being weaker. They told me that they've never heard of anyone else having that issue.

Ya of course they’re gonna say that lol. There should still be a long thread about this exact subject that I might of started, or heavily contributed to

But I’ve had the exact same results. I was using Pregnyl for a few years, mostly doing HCG mono. Pregnyl worked extremely well. Empower’s HCG is like injecting water to me. Subjectively and via labs. Pregnyl increased my total T a bunch. Roughly 600 points for every 1000iu’s that I would use. So it would raise test levels 1200 points if I used 2000iu’s of pregnyl per week. Pregnyl also raised my DHEA-S levels quite a bit. Usually 50-100% increase. Pregnyl also raised my progesterone levels. Subjectively it made my testicles significantly bigger, my ejaculate volume was larger, my penis would hang better while flaccid, and orgasms were better. On empowers HCG I experience none of these things, subjectively or with labs. Again, it’s like injecting water for me

StepbyStep

Ya of course they’re gonna say that lol. There should still be a long thread about this exact subject that I might of started, or heavily contributed to

But I’ve had the exact same results. I was using Pregnyl for a few years, mostly doing HCG mono. Pregnyl worked extremely well. Empower’s HCG is like injecting water to me. Subjectively and via labs. Pregnyl increased my total T a bunch. Roughly 600 points for every 1000iu’s that I would use. So it would raise test levels 1200 points if I used 2000iu’s of pregnyl per week. Pregnyl also raised my DHEA-S levels quite a bit. Usually 50-100% increase. Pregnyl also raised my progesterone levels. Subjectively it made my testicles significantly bigger, my ejaculate volume was larger, my penis would hang better while flaccid, and orgasms were better. On empowers HCG I experience none of these things, subjectively or with labs. Again, it’s like injecting water for me

Thanks, I'll have to try and find the post. IDK why but I've never had much luck with the search engine here, and google doesn't seem to work well either anymore.

Feels like injecting water for sure. Out of curiosity, did you ever try increasing the dose on Empower HCG? I'm injecting 500iu x2/wk right now, maybe I should try 1000iu x2/wk until it's gone. At that point I'd be better off paying out of pocket for Pregnyl, which is what I'll probably wind up doing anyways.

Gman86

Thanks, I'll have to try and find the post. IDK why but I've never had much luck with the search engine here, and google doesn't seem to work well either anymore.

Feels like injecting water for sure. Out of curiosity, did you ever try increasing the dose on Empower HCG? I'm injecting 500iu x2/wk right now, maybe I should try 1000iu x2/wk until it's gone. At that point I'd be better off paying out of pocket for Pregnyl, which is what I'll probably wind up doing anyways.

Ya the most I’ve ever done is 1000iu’s/ week of empowers HCG as well. But it literally doesn’t move any of my blood markers even a tiny bit. Like 0%. So not sure if increasing the dose would even work. Zero multiplied by anything is still zero lol

DixieWrecked

Ya the most I’ve ever done is 1000iu’s/ week of empowers HCG as well. But it literally doesn’t move any of my blood markers even a tiny bit. Like 0%. So not sure if increasing the dose would even work. Zero multiplied by anything is still zero lol
You ever tried any of the hCG from reliablerx? If so I wonder how that compares.

Gman86

You ever tried any of the hCG from reliablerx? If so I wonder how that compares.

Ya I tried the Sifasi brand. It made my E2 jump up 10 points, when on the same dose empower’s HCG didn’t even raise my E2 by 1 point. It literally had no effect on my E2. Unfortunately this was when I was trying out a nandrolone based protocol and was only testing E2. I didn’t test any other blood markers at the time. So not sure if the sifasi brand had any effect on test levels, DHEA-S levels, and/ or progesterone levels. I didn’t notice any subjective benefits while on the sifasi brand. But just based on the fact that it raised my E2, it seems like it was doing something, while empower’s HCG has literally zero effect. So I would
personally recommend pharma HCG from a website like reliablerx over empower’s HCG. I tried the sifasi brand because a guy I know was having good results with it

Graham

Yeah empower is solid but their hcg leaves something to be desired. I was never sure if it was the brand or if it was my time on hcg increased which gave me diminishing results. When I first started trt I used a pharmacy in Michigan through dr crisler that sold premixed vials that was very potent, I knew I would have improved mood for 24-48 hours post injection. Then again I had been on hcg for only like a year at that point so that could play a factor. I would be interested in trying it again just to compare.

Last edited:

crazyhaha

I just posted on here that my TRT protocol is letting me down after a few years of doing pretty well. I've been using the Empower HCG for years, but maybe it is letting me down.

I'm hesitant to order an injectable from outside the US. Any other good US sources of HCG?

Graham

I just posted on here that my TRT protocol is letting me down after a few years of doing pretty well. I've been using the Empower HCG for years, but maybe it is letting me down.

I'm hesitant to order an injectable from outside the US. Any other good US sources of HCG?
My trt experience has changed but not dramatically between the different brands. Testicle, semen volume and very predictable 24 hour increase in my mood are the main differences. It also increased my estrogen significantly more so there is that drawback. If trt is not working for you I don’t think this will change it

bennettjc

I have use the Ovidac brand of HCG. I used to get it from ReliableRX but now I get it from PremiumRxDrugs. It is even cheaper from there. Factoring in shipping you can get 5000iu of HCG for $12. (You do have to supply your own bacteriostatic water).

I went with "Ovidac" because it is made by a division of Bayer. And I have had no issues with it.

I encourage guys, particularly those in CA who have had their HCG access limited, to consider this brand and this pharmacy.

VacationMan

I've been using Empower's HCG for quite some time. I tried Sifasi from R**iable as well. Can't tell a difference between the two. What I can say though: After years of TRT, I started out with Empower HCG prescribed through Defy - only to address atrophy. Three to four weeks later, the boys were at their full size once again. Did it make me feel better or worse? No - didn't notice much of anything with regard to how I feel from the addition of HCG...but it did bring the boys back to size.

To each their own I suppose - we all respond differently.

CKO

Funny, I was thinking about starting a post on the potency differences of HCG. I've gone back and forth between empower and hallandale, and I can honestly say hallandale is much more potent. I'm not sure what the story is with empowers HCG, but it feels very watered down and doesn't produce hardly any response for me. This is all anecdotal of course, but I have gone back and forth four times now and I am pretty convinced there's a substantial difference.

Gman86

I've been using Empower's HCG for quite some time. I tried Sifasi from R**iable as well. Can't tell a difference between the two. What I can say though: After years of TRT, I started out with Empower HCG prescribed through Defy - only to address atrophy. Three to four weeks later, the boys were at their full size once again. Did it make me feel better or worse? No - didn't notice much of anything with regard to how I feel from the addition of HCG...but it did bring the boys back to size.

To each their own I suppose - we all respond differently.

So empower’s HCG to this day keeps ur testicles bigger than without any HCG? I’d say that’s proof that it definitely works at least. That’s an objective effect u can’t deny. It is weird that it’s so hit or miss between guys tho

Gman86

Funny, I was thinking about starting a post on the potency differences of HCG. I've gone back and forth between empower and hallandale, and I can honestly say hallandale is much more potent. I'm not sure what the story is with empowers HCG, but it feels very watered down and doesn't produce hardly any response for me. This is all anecdotal of course, but I have gone back and forth four times now and I am pretty convinced there's a substantial difference.

Very interesting. Thanks for experimenting with the two. I’m with defy and I’m pretty sure they use Hallandale. So maybe I’ll give Hallandale’s HCG a shot next time I have to order some. Thanks for the anecdote

Gman86

I do have to say, even tho Empower’s HCG seems like I’m injecting water, I did conceive a child while taking the stuff. A couple months before I was on test and 1000iu’s/ week of empowers HCG, but had stopped the HCG and and was on test only during the time my son was conceived. I was off the HCG for almost 2 months, and on just test. But it might of still been doing something in my system. Or maybe I would of been fertile without any HCG and on just test alone, who knows. Just wanted to put that anecdote out there. And yes the child is mine lol. Had a paternity test done.

Graham

Very interesting. Thanks for experimenting with the two. I’m with defy and I’m pretty sure they use Hallandale. So maybe I’ll give Hallandale’s HCG a shot next time I have to order some. Thanks for the anecdote
I have taken empower and Hallandale hcg and didn’t notice a difference. They both work I just don’t feel it like I used to, again I suspect as we spend a significant amount of time on hcg some of the effects diminish unfortunately. I hope I am wrong

StepbyStep

Well I picked up the Pregnyl and just got done injecting 500iu's of it. $115 with Goodrx. I should know in the next day or two if I feel any better. It's just a shame that I've got at least half a vial of the Empower stuff sitting in the fridge. I will say that despite my complaints that the Empower stuff seems weak, it does keep my testicles as plump as the other brands of HCG. I just don't get the other benefits that I need.

I have taken empower and Hallandale hcg and didn’t notice a difference. They both work I just don’t feel it like I used to, again I suspect as we spend a significant amount of time on hcg some of the effects diminish unfortunately. I hope I am wrong

I hope not, honestly TRT without HCG just doesn't work for me.

StepbyStep

How are you getting your HCG through Hallndale and how much is it costing you? Just curious. I've gotten the Empower stuff through Defy, and the Pregnyl through my Urologist.

CKO

Defy offers it through hallandale as well as empower. You just have to pick which one you want. The price is essentially the same.

StepbyStep

Defy offers it through hallandale as well as empower. You just have to pick which one you want. The price is essentially the same.

I'm a bit bummed out that they didn't offer that as an option when I told them that the Empower stuff doesn't seem to be working as well.

So the Hallandale stuff also comes in 12,000iu vials as well?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me