Empower vs Pregnyl HCG

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

jcmaxwell

So empower’s HCG to this day keeps ur testicles bigger than without any HCG? I’d say that’s proof that it definitely works at least. That’s an objective effect u can’t deny. It is weird that it’s so hit or miss between guys tho
While on Empower hCG for 6 months, my testicles ended up having a volume of 5 CC, measured using Doppler ultrasound, which is equivalent to the size of a marble. I ended up going back to Pregnyl even though the cost was 50 percent higher. After 4 weeks at 500 units twice weekly, my testicles have increased to a low normal level. The inability of compounded hCG to restore or maintain size has happened on two other occasions.

Vince

Super Moderator
While on Empower hCG for 6 months, my testicles ended up having a volume of 5 CC, measured using Doppler ultrasound, which is equivalent to the size of a marble. I ended up going back to Pregnyl even though the cost was 50 percent higher. After 4 weeks at 500 units twice weekly, my testicles have increased to a low normal level. The inability of compounded hCG to restore or maintain size has happened on two other occasions.
How much HCG are you injecting and the frequency?

Seth

Hey guys, having a bit of trouble with my TRT protocol. I'm just not feeling as good as I was and the only thing that has changed is the brand of HCG I'm using.

For the longest time I was using Pregnyl HCG because it was covered by my insurance and only cost me $12/mo even when I was getting x3 10,000iu bottles when I was on HCG mono back in early 2018. My insurance decided to no longer cover it for bogus reasons that I've been trying to sort out since February. Thankfully I had a safety supply stashed away that got me through a couple more months.

When I ran out, I tried to see how I felt without HCG and realized that I do need it to feel optimal. I ended up getting Empower HCG through Defy.

Is it just me, or is the Empower HCG weak? I feel better than with no HCG, but not nearly as good as I did with Pregnyl. I feel a little lethargic, less ejaculate volume, and less orgasm intensity. I've had two rounds of labs since switching brands too and so far with the Empower HCG my TT has been 100-200 ng/dl lower at peak.

I had an appointment last Thursday with Defy and asked about the Empower HCG being weaker. They told me that they've never heard of anyone else having that issue.
I've wondered about this too. I was getting it Ovidac from an online pharmacy. It shipped from India. Very affordable, but it didn't seem to have the same effects a Pregnyl.

StepbyStep

Well 7 days in and I'm definitely feeling better with the Pregnyl.

Improved sensitivity, orgasms, erections and libido. I didn't realize how much I was missing out on. My testicles feel heavier too. Ejaculate volume is hard to guage due to daily sex, I usually need a couple of days for it to build up however it does seem to have increased slightly. Overall mood and lethargic feeling has gotten better too, not quite as much as I'd hoped for but there are other variables outside of TRT that play part in that.

Gman86

Well 7 days in and I'm definitely feeling better with the Pregnyl.

Improved sensitivity, orgasms, erections and libido. I didn't realize how much I was missing out on. My testicles feel heavier too. Ejaculate volume is hard to guage due to daily sex, I usually need a couple of days for it to build up however it does seem to have increased slightly. Overall mood and lethargic feeling has gotten better too, not quite as much as I'd hoped for but there are other variables outside of TRT that play part in that.

What’s ur current HCG protocol again?

T

tareload

Where are u currently getting the pregnyl? And do u mind sharing how much ur paying for it? I thought I heard years back that the company that makes it discontinued it. Guess that’s not true huh?
Absolutely not. Available at specialty pharmacies all throughout the country in US. Roughly $125 per 10,000 IU based on insurance negotiated rates for many plans.

My pharmacy has Pregnyl and Fresenius generic that are both urine derived. I tried recombinant option but never achieved the same subjective benefit.

Last edited by a moderator:

StepbyStep

Where are u currently getting the pregnyl? And do u mind sharing how much ur paying for it? I thought I heard years back that the company that makes it discontinued it. Guess that’s not true huh?

My Urologist provides the prescription and I filled it through Walmart for $115 with Goodrx for a 10,000iu vial.

I remember reading about that too, but I guess that's not the case. That might have been a rumor caused by shortage at one point?

I was on HCG Monotherapy in 2018 and my doctor at the time was very generous with the HCG prescription. I was getting x3 10,000iu vials of Pregnyl for $12 a month. I was able to stock up around 15 extra vials, which I used up through the beginning of this year. Thus I never had to deal with any shortages so IDK what was going on. Those were the good times lol.

Gman86

Absolutely not. Available at specialty pharmacies all throughout the country in US. Roughly $125 per 10,000 IU based on insurance negotiated rates for many plans.

That’s around what I used to pay for it. No insurance tho. Just paid out of pocket. Doctor sent the prescription to some specialty compounding pharmacy near me that had it, and they charged around $112 for a 10,000iu vial I think, IIRC. Maybe $125. Somewhere around there

Gman86

My Urologist provides the prescription and I filled it through Walmart for $115 with Goodrx for a 10,000iu vial.

I remember reading about that too, but I guess that's not the case. That might have been a rumor caused by shortage at one point?

I was on HCG Monotherapy in 2018 and my doctor at the time was very generous with the HCG prescription. I was getting x3 10,000iu vials of Pregnyl for $12 a month. I was able to stock up around 15 extra vials, which I used up through the beginning of this year. Thus I never had to deal with any shortages so IDK what was going on. Those were the good times lol.

Did u get the Pregnyl from a regular old Walmart pharmacy or Walmart’s speciality pharmacy?

T

tareload

Hey guys, having a bit of trouble with my TRT protocol. I'm just not feeling as good as I was and the only thing that has changed is the brand of HCG I'm using.

For the longest time I was using Pregnyl HCG because it was covered by my insurance and only cost me $12/mo even when I was getting x3 10,000iu bottles when I was on HCG mono back in early 2018. My insurance decided to no longer cover it for bogus reasons that I've been trying to sort out since February. Thankfully I had a safety supply stashed away that got me through a couple more months.

When I ran out, I tried to see how I felt without HCG and realized that I do need it to feel optimal. I ended up getting Empower HCG through Defy.

Is it just me, or is the Empower HCG weak? I feel better than with no HCG, but not nearly as good as I did with Pregnyl. I feel a little lethargic, less ejaculate volume, and less orgasm intensity. I've had two rounds of labs since switching brands too and so far with the Empower HCG my TT has been 100-200 ng/dl lower at peak.

I had an appointment last Thursday with Defy and asked about the Empower HCG being weaker. They told me that they've never heard of anyone else having that issue.
Ask Empower for a certificate of analysis for the hCG bulk they source. There is a USP assay for chorionic gonadotropin and spec ranges between 80 to 125% on an IU activity basis. I have not had a problem getting this from Merck or Fresenius.

CKO

I just got notice that Washington State can no longer receive Empower HCG. I'm hoping hallandale pharmacy doesn't also have the same fate. Does anyone know what's going on?

bennettjc

I've wondered about this too. I was getting it Ovidac from an online pharmacy. It shipped from India. Very affordable, but it didn't seem to have the same effects a Pregnyl.
I've been using the Ovidac brand as well, for over a year. It works for me. What effects did the Pregnyl have that the Ovidac doesn't? My guess is that the difference is due to potency. Maybe try an increased dose?

Gman86

For a while I was using 250iu three times a week. Then I lowered it to two times a week as per the recommendation of a new provider. I noticed no change.

I am taking the HCG just to maintain testicular volume.

How long ago did u drop down to 500iu’s/ week?

Does the lower dose maintain testicular volume the same as 750iu’s/ week?

Have u been on TRT without HCG and have noticed significant atrophy without it? Or u’ve been on HCG since the start?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me