Elevated Reverse T3

Buy Lab Tests Online

ivkonst2017

Does somebody here managed to deal with elevated Reverse T3 and what was causing it in the first place?
FT4 is at the top of the range even can go above if I overdo the selenium, regularly supplementing selenium, zinc, vitamin d etc. FT3 is a bid mediocre(around 2.9-3.3ng/l in range of 2-4.4) and Reverse T3 usually 40-60 percent on top of the reference range.

What I have discovered so far that may be causing it - NAFLD, digestions issues and elevated acid in the stomach.
Can any of these cause high reverse T3?

Already started a week ago supplementation protocol for the NAFLD in combination with weight loss diet and high class enzymes for the stomach.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Anonymon

I’ve had elevated rT3 in the past, and for me it seemingly had something to do with digestive issues regarding the correct absorption of nutrients (Iron and B12), associated inflammation, and lower cortisol. BPC-157 is great for healing gut issues, and works even better alongside low dose HGH of 1-2iu a day.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Low ferritin and its effect on slowing down thyroid function can cause high reverse T3.

Long term TRT even without frequent blood donations can decrease ferritin as the body seeks to balance higher red blood cell numbers and iron metabolism.

Iron supplementation can increase ferritin and decrease reverse T3. But some are afraid to supplement iron since they are concerned about raising hematocrit further.

ivkonst2017

Low ferritin and its effect on slowing down thyroid function can cause high reverse T3.

Long term TRT even without frequent blood donations can decrease ferritin as the body seeks to balance higher red blood cell numbers and iron metabolism.

Iron supplementation can increase ferritin and decrease reverse T3. But some are afraid to supplement iron since they are concerned about raising hematocrit further.

Thanks, I will read your the topic you have linked. My ferritin is midrange which I have read is optimal(too high ferritin is said to cause inflamation). My iron is slightly ABOVE range which worries me, the doctors I've been to suspect this may be also connected to my stomach and liver issues.

As I have researched slightly elevated iron is not dangerous, but still too high iron as I know can cause blood clots...

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Thanks, I will read your the topic you have linked. My ferritin is midrange which I have read is optimal(too high ferritin is said to cause inflamation). My iron is slightly ABOVE range which worries me, the doctors I've been to suspect this may be also connected to my stomach and liver issues.

As I have researched slightly elevated iron is not dangerous, but still too high iron as I know can cause blood clots...
How long have you been on TRT? Have you ever donated blood? Do you have your ferritin and iron lab values to share ?

ivkonst2017

How long have you been on TRT? Have you ever donated blood? Do you have your ferritin and iron lab values to share ?

I've been a year and a half on TRT. Never donated blood, my HCT and HGB and trombociti has always been nice and even to the low side(HCT around 48 for example). Iron increased when I switched from sub-q to IM.

I can share some results yes:

BEFORE TRT:
Iron S 17.48 µmol/l 7.20 - 27.70
Ferritin S 231.4 µg/L 30 - 400 ECLIA

Iron S 15.88 µmol/l 7.20 - 27.70
Total Iron binding capacity in Serum S 47.68 µmol/l 41 - 77 calc.
Unsaturated iron-binding capacity S 31.8 µmol/l
Ferritin S 321.2 µg/L 30 - 400 ECLIA

9 months after TRT and 1 month after switching to IM injections the first time I noticed increase:

Iron S 35.7 µmol/l 7.20 - 27.70
Ferritin S 190.2 µg/L 30 - 400 ECLIA

Iron S 30.47 µmol/l 7.20 - 27.70 PHOT
Ferritin S 202.4 µg/L 30 - 400 ECLIA

15.01.2021 Here came in range:
Iron S 18.69 µmol/l 7.20 - 27.70 PHOT

Progesteron S 0.16 ng/ml 0.05 - 0.15 ECLIA
Bilirubin, total S 54 µmol/l 0 - 21 PHOT
Bilirubin, direct (conjugated) S 11.6 µmol/l 0 - 8.5 PHOT
Iron S 31.7 µmol/l 7.2 - 27.7 PHOT

The last results(18.04) I tested most of my markers that are bad. According to my doctor my progesteron is low although above the top of this range, bilirubin is always high, iron is what you see above, IGF one also is about 250-270 which is at the top of the range, I guess IGF can be high cause Im on cabergoline for 2 years now (2x 0.250mg weekly).

Gianluca

Does somebody here managed to deal with elevated Reverse T3 and what was causing it in the first place?
FT4 is at the top of the range even can go above if I overdo the selenium, regularly supplementing selenium, zinc, vitamin d etc. FT3 is a bid mediocre(around 2.9-3.3ng/l in range of 2-4.4) and Reverse T3 usually 40-60 percent on top of the reference range.

What I have discovered so far that may be causing it - NAFLD, digestions issues and elevated acid in the stomach.
Can any of these cause high reverse T3?

Already started a week ago supplementation protocol for the NAFLD in combination with weight loss diet and high class enzymes for the stomach.
Are you on a low carbohydrate diet? Do you eat enough animal protein?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me