Elevated LDL

Buy Lab Tests Online

kaipo

I’ve been on trt for several years now and recently my cholesterol and ldl levels have been climbing higher and higher. Each lab I do
I have adjusted my diet, and lost weight. But every lab it just gets higher
Doctor wants me on statins but I refuse.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

LDL-129
Cholesterol-219
HDL-84
Ratio-2.61

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
One thing is to look at the cholesterol particle counts/sizes to see if they also give reason for concern.

Self-serve options:

You could also look at other markers, such as homocysteine, C-reactive protein and apolipoprotein B.

Gman86

Dude, ur cholesterol numbers are literally perfect!! Like legit perfect! I actually prefer my LDL to be closer to 200 tho personally. There’s benefits to LDL, just like there is HDL. A main one being in regards to the immune system. Studies show that as long as triglycerides are low, fasting insulin levels are low, and ldl particle sizes are preferable, u want HDL and ldl basically as high as possible. Studies show that the higher both are, the less chance a person has of all cardiovascular events. Again, as long as triglycerides are low, fasting insulin levels are low, and ldl particle sizes are preferable.

Dr. Attia did a meta study on biomarkers of patients who had heart attacks and those who did not.
-He showed from the study that those with cardiovascular events had normal LDL but had low HDL and high triglycerides...a marker for metabolic syndrome.
-The non cardiovascular event patients had higher LDL and Higher HDL and low triglycerides.
-He then looked at their LDL-P size and concentration. He concluded that LDL-P particle size and concentration was a strong marker to cardiovascular events because the HDL/triglyceride ratio is closely related to LDL-P.

Gman86

Your LDL and total cholesterol levels have been increasing over the years because u clearly have been improving ur diet, and ur becoming more metabolically healthy, it’s as simple as that. Obv don’t touch a statin. And if I were u I wouldn’t be trying to lower ur LDL and total cholesterol any lower than it is currently

sammmy

@kaipo

What diet are you on and what are your triglycerides? I notice your HDL is also higher than usual - I know from experience eating lots of cheese increases HDL but does not increase LDL.

kaipo

One thing is to look at the cholesterol particle counts/sizes to see if they also give reason for concern.

Self-serve options:

You could also look at other markers, such as homocysteine, C-reactive protein and apolipoprotein B.
Thank you, can I get that information from my doctor

kaipo

Dude, ur cholesterol numbers are literally perfect!! Like legit perfect! I actually prefer my LDL to be closer to 200 tho personally. There’s benefits to LDL, just like there is HDL. A main one being in regards to the immune system. Studies show that as long as triglycerides are low, fasting insulin levels are low, and ldl particle sizes are preferable, u want HDL and ldl basically as high as possible. Studies show that the higher both are, the less chance a person has of all cardiovascular events. Again, as long as triglycerides are low, fasting insulin levels are low, and ldl particle sizes are preferable.

Dr. Attia did a meta study on biomarkers of patients who had heart attacks and those who did not.
-He showed from the study that those with cardiovascular events had normal LDL but had low HDL and high triglycerides...a marker for metabolic syndrome.
-The non cardiovascular event patients had higher LDL and Higher HDL and low triglycerides.
-He then looked at their LDL-P size and concentration. He concluded that LDL-P particle size and concentration was a strong marker to cardiovascular events because the HDL/triglyceride ratio is closely related to LDL-P.
Why is my doctor saying it’s dangerous for my ldl to be at 129?
Triglycerides are 30mg’
I don’t know the fasting insulin levels and the ldl particle size
I’ll try asking my doctor
Thank you

kaipo

Your LDL and total cholesterol levels have been increasing over the years because u clearly have been improving ur diet, and ur becoming more metabolically healthy, it’s as simple as that. Obv don’t touch a statin. And if I were u I wouldn’t be trying to lower ur LDL and total cholesterol any lower than it is currently
That’s totally opposite of what my doctor is saying
I go back and test in 4 months

kaipo

@kaipo

What diet are you on and what are your triglycerides? I notice your HDL is also higher than usual - I know from experience eating lots of cheese increases HDL but does not increase LDL.
No red meat, more fruits,nuts and vegetables, no processed foods
Triglycerides is 30mg
Hdl is good 84

Gman86

Why is my doctor saying it’s dangerous for my ldl to be at 129?
Triglycerides are 30mg’
I don’t know the fasting insulin levels and the ldl particle size
I’ll try asking my doctor
Thank you
Because he was taught that ldl over 100 is dangerous. Medical schools are mostly funded by big pharma. Statina are one of the top selling drugs ever created. Big pharma obv wants to profit as much as possible. So they make the guidelines for prescribing statins very low. Therefore they can sell more statin drugs. It’s that simple. But current research shows that u want HDL and ldl as high as possible, as long as those other parameters are good. Which urs most likely is if ur triglycerides are 30. The info doctors receive in medical school are 10-15 years behind the current research. And the books they use in medical school are mostly funded by big pharma. Might sound like a conspiracy, but just look it up for yourself. Just do the research for urself and u’ll see that ur doctor has no clue what he’s talking about when it comes to cholesterol

Gman86

No red meat, more fruits,nuts and vegetables, no processed foods
Triglycerides is 30mg
Hdl is good 84
I’ve literally never seen someone have such good lipids in my entire life, no joke. I’ve never seen someone have such a high HDL, while having such a low level of triglycerides. On HRT or not. And ur LDL is about perfect. Only way u could improve ur lipids imo is to increase ur LDL a bit more. Like I said before, based on all my research, having LDL close to 200 is the sweetspot, as long as triglycerides are low, HDL is mid range or high, fasting insulin is low, and and ldl particle size is preferable. But having an ldl level between 100-200 is pretty ideal honestly. A person would just get more cardiovascular protection, as well as immune system support, having ldl closer to 200. But if I were u I literally wouldn’t change a thing in regards to what ur doing. Whatever ur doing seems absolutely perfect for u

So had u been eating red meat when u has these labs done, or u’ve been staying away from red meat for a while now?

sammmy

As pointed out, your triglycerides are very low which is excellent. Also, your cholesterol/HDL ratio is also low and very good. There doesn't appear to be cardiovascular risk just based on slightly elevated LDL.

The most probable source that elevates both HDL and LDL are probably the nuts, supplemental oil like fish oil, or oils for salads.

Gman86

As pointed out, your triglycerides are very low which is excellent. Also, your cholesterol/HDL ratio is also low and very good. There doesn't appear to be cardiovascular risk just based on slightly elevated LDL.

The most probable source that elevates both HDL and LDL are probably the nuts, supplemental oil like fish oil, or oils for salads.
The problem is that if he removes certain fats from his diet to lower LDL, he would consequently be lowering HDL as well. He would only be increasing his risk for cardiovascular disease/ events by doing so.

He’s basically trying to fix a problem that doesn’t exist, and would only be making things worse by attempting to lower his LDL. It would be the equivalent of all the guys trying to fix a “high HCT” problem, that doesn’t actually exist. But by trying to lower HCT, they end up making things worse by lowering iron too much a lot of the time

kaipo

I’ve literally never seen someone have such good lipids in my entire life, no joke. I’ve never seen someone have such a high HDL, while having such a low level of triglycerides. On HRT or not. And ur LDL is about perfect. Only way u could improve ur lipids imo is to increase ur LDL a bit more. Like I said before, based on all my research, having LDL close to 200 is the sweetspot, as long as triglycerides are low, HDL is mid range or high, fasting insulin is low, and and ldl particle size is preferable. But having an ldl level between 100-200 is pretty ideal honestly. A person would just get more cardiovascular protection, as well as immune system support, having ldl closer to 200. But if I were u I literally wouldn’t change a thing in regards to what ur doing. Whatever ur doing seems absolutely perfect for u

So had u been eating red meat when u has these labs done, or u’ve been staying away from red meat for a while now?
I’m always concerned about my health. What you are telling me is flattering but also so opposite of what my doctor has been telling me. It’s honestly hard to believe but I guess I need to research
Through the years I have slowly cut down on red meat because each time my labs would look worse . Is it common for ldl to rise while on trt?

I really appreciate your feedback

kaipo

You hit it. I eat lots of nuts, supplement fish oils religiously. I eat a lot of fish and a lot of green salads and oils.
Thank you, I really appreciate your feedback

Gman86

I’m always concerned about my health. What you are telling me is flattering but also so opposite of what my doctor has been telling me. It’s honestly hard to believe but I guess I need to research
Through the years I have slowly cut down on red meat because each time my labs would look worse . Is it common for ldl to rise while on trt?

I really appreciate your feedback
Doctors are taught how to diagnose and prescribe based off of guidelines set by associations funded by big pharma. Doctors are not taught anything about nutrition. So any nutritional advice a doctor gives u, u can throw it out the window immediately. Only thing a doctor can give u advice on is the best medication to put a bandaid on an issue. And even then I wouldnt take their advice, because certain doctors get incentives to prescribe certain meds, whether it’s the best med for ur issue or not. But just do urself a favor and do the research for urself. And whatever u do, don’t take a statin, or try to lower ur LDL any lower than it already is. I’ve literally never seen someone’s lipids look as good as urs before in my life. Just keep doing what ur doing diet wise, keep away from any meds that lower cholesterol, and enjoy ur life lol. Focusing on this topic is a complete waste of time, I promise u. And if u end up trying to lower ur LDL ur gonna see ur health go in the opposite direction that u want it to. Which would obv be very counterproductive to ur goals of health and longevity

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me