Effects of dietary supplementation in sport and exercise:

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Effects of dietary supplementation in sport and exercise: a review of evidence on milk proteins and amino acids

Priscila Berti Zanella Master & Rodrigo Cauduro Oliveira Macedo

ABSTRACT

Dietary supplements, especially protein, are used by athletes to achieve the exercise and training daily demands and have been receiving research focus on their role regarding recovery and performance. Protein supplements are preferred over traditional protein sources because of their ease of availability and use. In addition to consuming a complete protein supplement, such as whey protein, the ingestion of a supplement containing only amino acids has been of interest for promoting skeletal muscle anabolism and high-quality weight loss. The aim of this study was to review the existing evidence on the effects of protein and amino acid supplementation on exercise. The preponderance of evidence suggests that protein supplementation, especially milk proteins, potentiate muscle protein synthesis, lean mass and exercise recovery. Unlike proteins, amino acids supplementation (branched-chain amino acids, glutamine or leucine) results from research are equivocal and are not warranted.

Conclusion

The recommendations of protein consumption need to take into account the individual’s age and level of physical activity. Dietary protein supplementation with at least 20 g and until 40 g seems to augment changes in muscle mass and strength associated with physical exercise.
Whilst the whey protein effects were shown to be consistent over time, the results of leucine, glutamine and BCAA are limited, supporting the requirement for further comprehensive research in this area.

Hot Topics

* The current recommendations of protein consumption are higher than previously recommended for healthy and active people;

* The effect of protein supplementation on MPS in elderly is lower than in young people due to anabolic resistance.

* Protein supplementation, especially milk proteins, ranging 20–40 g seems to be enough to stimulate MPS and consequently with exercise increased strength and lean mass;

* BCAA, leucine or glutamine supplementation despite being widely used, there is still a lack of evidence to justify its use in sports and exercise.

Attachments

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Is it just me or are all attachments unopenable and you can’t click on usernames anymore?

I had the same issues recently but it seems to be working now.

Then again just pulled up some older threads and unable to open pdf and same issue with click on usernames.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching