Effective Supplements for PCT

Buy Lab Tests Online

CanadaJim

So I have been self dosing testosterone-e since June of this year. Average 80-100mg weekly subQ injections. I’m ready to stop as I feel the negative effects are beginning to outweigh the positives. I’m 53, fit, muscular, active. Try to eat healthy. I initiated trt after experiencing the usual low t symptoms. Decreased libido, low sense of well being, some brain fog, workouts not feeling as effective etc. My doc did some bloodwork and my test levels were in the lower end of the normal range. So not enough to initiate treatment. So I started my self. It was fine while it lasted but I’m ready to stop and I don’t really want to start pumping more chemicals into me to get me through. Are there any proven supplements that will help kickstart my natural production? I haven’t noticed much or any testicular atrophy so the boys are still there lol. There are so many bogus products on the market so I’m just wondering how I sift through the garbage and find some effective products if in fact there even are any. Thanks in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vtail

Brain fog was my primary reason for starting TRT, but it did nothing to help. Ultimately I discovered I was hypothyroid and once treated the brain fog lifted. Have you had your thyroid checked?

CanadaJim

Brain fog was my primary reason for starting TRT, but it did nothing to help. Ultimately I discovered I was hypothyroid and once treated the brain fog lifted. Have you had your thyroid checked?
Well I just barely stopped the test. My last subq injection (80mg) was last Thursday. I'm going to wait a few weeks and see my doc and get some blood work done. I'll ask for a thyroid check at that time. I have noticed what might be hypothyroid symptoms. Weakness, low energy, arms and legs feeling "heavy"...and the lowered libido. Just curious, is a 2 week cessation period long enough to allow the hormone levels to return to somewhat normal values?

Vtail

If you're talking about thyroid hormone levels, I do not believe TRT has a significant effect on those - so you can test for thyroid levels any time. If you're talking about testosterone and the related hormones, the rule of thumb is to wait 6 weeks due to the relatively long half-life of testosterone.

trtthings

Which level was low and what are you using to treat it? T4?

Vtail

Which level was low and what are you using to treat it? T4?

My FT3 was at the low end of the range and RT3 was at the high end. I was with Defy at the time and was started on Cytomel, which within a couple of days got rid of the brain fog. Now I'm on a combo of Cytomel and Synthroid, only because my PCP did not like my FT4 levels so low.

I don't recall all the exact numbers, but I and many others here have posted detailed info about dosages and resulting blood levels as well as optimal thyroid levels (as opposed to the "normal" lab reference ranges). The search feature here works pretty well. Check it out and you will be lost for hours in all the old posts - and in the process you will get all the info you need.

CanadaJim

This thread has somewhat digressed....my original question was exploring which supplements (if any at all) are considered effective alternatives to the usual pct protocols (Clomid, Nolva, HCG)

CanadaJim

This thread has somewhat digressed....my original question was exploring which supplements (if any at all) are considered effective alternatives to the usual pct protocols (Clomid, Nolva, HCG)
Just bumping this thread up to see if anyone has any input concerning non pharmaceutical options for PCT after low dose, short duration self prescribed TRT

Sounds like you need a good doctor. One of my docs had me taking DHEA and Boron which helped but not enough for me. A good doctor is what you need. You could experiment your way but the results may never come

Lupearn

Oh, I feel you! I went through a period in which I had extra kg, and I only saw my body's defects. Even the workouts at the gym seemed useless to me because I didn't notice any changes. I went through a terrible time when I had low self-confidence. That was the period when I started taking testosterone to increase muscle mass. But because it wasn't perfect for my body, I changed it with sarm's from How To Use SARMs For Weight Loss Successfully - My bodybuilding journey, which speeded up the fat-burning process. It kickstarted my natural production of testosterone so I could grow my muscles easier.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching