Effect on testosterone of Biotin

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

Here's some data on that for you: Testosterone - falsely high result.

Impact of Biotin Supplementation on Endocrine Lab and Clinical Diagnosis

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/thr...n-endocrine-lab-and-clinical-diagnosis.15859/

Impact of Biotin on Immunoassays
An excess biotin intake may adversely effect immunoassays in two different ways:
  • In competitive immunoassays, excessive biotin is likely to produce a falsely high result;
  • In immunometric, or sandwich assays, it may result in false low results.
For a list of common endocrine-related competitive and sandwich assays that may return inaccurate findings in the presence of biotin supplementation see Table 1.

Ronnny

Here's some data on that for you: Testosterone - falsely high result.

Impact of Biotin Supplementation on Endocrine Lab and Clinical Diagnosis

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/thr...n-endocrine-lab-and-clinical-diagnosis.15859/

Impact of Biotin on Immunoassays
An excess biotin intake may adversely effect immunoassays in two different ways:
  • In competitive immunoassays, excessive biotin is likely to produce a falsely high result;
  • In immunometric, or sandwich assays, it may result in false low results.
For a list of common endocrine-related competitive and sandwich assays that may return inaccurate findings in the presence of biotin supplementation see Table 1.

Very interesting.Did not know that.

Last edited:
M

MarkM

Very interesting.Did not know that.
Not sure about Ambien's effect on prolactin but if you had sex within 24 hours of lab work or that can elevate your prolactin and I recently read if you supplement with arginine it can elevate your prolactin levels.

M

MarkM

Ronny,

Biotin has a short half life of about 2 hours so it clears your system in about 10 hours. So if you stop biotin for two days you are more than good for testing. you can start taking it again after the test f you want.

I have read that arginine, which many take, can elevate your prolactin levels. So if supplementing with arginine I would wait 48 hours as well before testing. Also, ejaculating prior to blood work can increase prolactin levels so you should refrain from doing so for 48 hours prior to testing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching