Nandrolone Increases Aldosterone Concentration and Serum Na+/K+ : Reasons for Bloating ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
This study used nandrolone in animals. I bet this could translate to humans that experience water retention on TRT or anabolic steroids. Increased aldosterone causes water and sodium retention and high blood pressure.

Effect of Administration of Nandrolone Decanoate upon Aldosterone Concentration and Serum Na+/K+ Levels in Albino Mice

Abstract:

Background: This article is a study of adverse effects associated with the abuse of recreational drugs such as anabolic androgenic steroids. Nandrolone decanoate is one such drug often abused by athletes and bodybuilders seeking enhanced physical strength or appearance. The use of such steroids has increased dramatically over the years.

Objective: The present study was conducted to investigate the impact of nandrolone decanoate when consumed at an abused dose, upon serum aldosterone concentration in albino mice. Sodium and potassium ion concentrations were also monitored with the same experimental dosage.

Method: 0.1ml of 25 mg Nandrolone decanoate was administered to the animals twice a week for a period of 90 days. Blood samples for obtaining the serum from both normal and treated group of animals were collected at an interval of 15 days upto the 90th day.

Result: The present investigation revealed a significant increase (p<0.01) in the serum aldosterone and sodium ion concentrations in the treated group of animals compared to that in the normal group. Potassium ion concentration in the treated group did not exhibit a significant alteration when compared with the untreated animals.

Conclusion: From the above observation, nandrolone decanoate abuse could be suggested as one of the causes of aldosterone and electrolyte imbalance in the body that could possibly be a serious risk factor for cardiovascular related disorders.

Effect of Administration of Nandrolone Decanoate upon Aldosterone Concentration and Serum Na+/K+ Levels in Albino Mice

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madhacker

This study used nandrolone in animals. I bet this could translate to humans that experience water retention on TRT or anabolic steroids. Increased aldosterone causes water and sodium retention and high blood pressure.

Abstract:

Background: This article is a study of adverse effects associated with the abuse of recreational drugs such as anabolic androgenic steroids. Nandrolone decanoate is one such drug often abused by athletes and bodybuilders seeking enhanced physical strength or appearance. The use of such steroids has increased dramatically over the years.

Objective: The present study was conducted to investigate the impact of nandrolone decanoate when consumed at an abused dose, upon serum aldosterone concentration in albino mice. Sodium and potassium ion concentrations were also monitored with the same experimental dosage.

Method: 0.1ml of 25 mg Nandrolone decanoate was administered to the animals twice a week for a period of 90 days. Blood samples for obtaining the serum from both normal and treated group of animals were collected at an interval of 15 days upto the 90th day.

Result: The present investigation revealed a significant increase (p<0.01) in the serum aldosterone and sodium ion concentrations in the treated group of animals compared to that in the normal group. Potassium ion concentration in the treated group did not exhibit a significant alteration when compared with the untreated animals.

Conclusion: From the above observation, nandrolone decanoate abuse could be suggested as one of the causes of aldosterone and electrolyte imbalance in the body that could possibly be a serious risk factor for cardiovascular related disorders.

Interesting!

What are your thoughts on Adrenostone? In my experience of use it's a potent 11BHSD1 inhibitor and significantly lowers water retention with while being on hydrocortisone.

madhacker

Abstract:

Sorry Nelson? I saw a reply but it hasn't showed up.

Adrenosterone is a potent 11BHSD1 inhibitor which blocks the conversion of cortisol to cortisone. "It modulates intracellular glucocorticoid levels, thus protecting the nonselective mineralocorticoid receptor from occupation by glucocorticoids."

Hydrocortisone typically gives me water retention and its usually because it binds to MR receptors. That's why doctors use Medrol as you know. The problem with Medrol is it doesn't follow the natural circadian rhyme. By taking low dose Adrenosterone it dramatically lowers water retention in myself. I do not have labs to support this as of yet.

madhacker

What is your objective in taking Hydrocortisone an/or Medrol?

Cortisol deficiency. My main concern is active cortisol's effect on tissue, insulin resistance/ diabetes, catabolism, etc. By taking Adrenosterone, a hormone produced in micro amounts while taking cortisol, it should hypothetically block it's negative affects by occupying enzymes on muscle and fat. Therefore allowing cortisol to follow out its important functions while adverse affects.

Dhea, GH, IGF and thyroid have all shown to be 11BHSD1 inhibitors but Adrenosterone seems to work the best out of the ones I've tried.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me