Early morning wake ups

Buy Lab Tests Online

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I’m going to jump into this conversation. I’m only using 50mg testosterone twice per week, and that keeps my free T about 19-22 on range of 9-25, and total T about 550. Obviously not outrageous levels, but I’m now wondering if it’s still too much for me. It keeps my HCT at 50-51 and HGB somewhere in 17’s. My ferritin is fine at 150 so I know it’s not that. I’ve never considered that testosterone at this small dosage could be the issue. I’m going to lower to 40mg twice per week to see if there’s a difference.
If 550 ng/dL is your trough testosterone then peak could be over 800 and average close to 700. These latter numbers are quite possibly higher than ideal for you, at least with respect to HGB and HCT. The problem with just a dose reduction is that you might get into hypogonadal territory on the day before each injection. Have you considered EOD or daily injections?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

GreenMachineX

If 550 ng/dL is your trough testosterone then peak could be over 800 and average close to 700. These latter numbers are quite possibly higher than ideal for you, at least with respect to HGB and HCT. The problem with just a dose reduction is that you might get into hypogonadal territory on the day before each injection. Have you considered EOD or daily injections?
Thanks for the reply. Great points about the peaks that I didn’t consider. I have thought about EOD...no way ED lol. How would I convert that to EOD at 100mg per week? Maybe 30mg EOD? Would IM or sub Q work? I’m doing IM now and I don’t really like sub Q. With my OCD tendencies, I never really know if I’ve injected in the right place and worry nonstop I wasted it. lol

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Thanks for the reply. Great points about the peaks that I didn’t consider. I have thought about EOD...no way ED lol. How would I convert that to EOD at 100mg per week? Maybe 30mg EOD? Would IM or sub Q work? I’m doing IM now and I don’t really like sub Q. With my OCD tendencies, I never really know if I’ve injected in the right place and worry nonstop I wasted it. lol
Yes, 28 or 29 mg EOD is the equivalent EOD dose for 100 mg per week. Either IM or subQ is fine, whichever you prefer. Subcutaneous might give a little less variation in serum testosterone. Generally with subQ if you don't see anything leaking out then there's no waste. Where's it going to go?

GreenMachineX

Yes, 28 or 29 mg EOD is the equivalent EOD dose for 100 mg per week. Either IM or subQ is fine, whichever you prefer. Subcutaneous might give a little less variation in serum testosterone. Generally with subQ if you don't see anything leaking out then there's no waste. Where's it going to go?
Good points. I think I’ll try 40mg twice per week first, see how that feels before going the EOD route though. I also have transdermal pregnenolone and DHEA I need to try since those hormones are low too.

I’m going to jump into this conversation. I’m only using 50mg testosterone twice per week, and that keeps my free T about 19-22 on range of 9-25, and total T about 550. Obviously not outrageous levels, but I’m now wondering if it’s still too much for me. It keeps my HCT at 50-51 and HGB somewhere in 17’s. My ferritin is fine at 150 so I know it’s not that. I’ve never considered that testosterone at this small dosage could be the issue. I’m going to lower to 40mg twice per week to see if there’s a difference.

I am in the same boat. 60mg 2x a week gives me 553 at trough, but my body doesn’t like test! HCT and HGB are exact same as yours. My bph has gone up 10-15 points (140/90) and I can feel my heart pumping now, very weird. Obviously I can’t sleep for shit now.

drkelp

No medical advice from me. For myself I have found that hibiscus drops my bp like 10% Seems like it takes 2-3 wks to go into effect. A product like Rosellica is even slightly better? This is just me

GreenMachineX

I am in the same boat. 60mg 2x a week gives me 553 at trough, but my body doesn’t like test! HCT and HGB are exact same as yours. My bph has gone up 10-15 points (140/90) and I can feel my heart pumping now, very weird. Obviously I can’t sleep for shit now.
Oh yeah, the palpitations! Forgot to mention that. Can’t be healthy, right?

GreenMachineX

Is your libido improved or still garbage with TRT?
And do you have a plan to fix that?

Last edited:
Is your libido improved or still garbage with TRT?
And do you have a plan to fix that?

my libido was through the roof for about a month, like a teenager again. returned to what I would classify as normal. Good erection quality and drive. I would say my overall libido is better. The only 2 improvements I have got from TRT are libido and muscle growth. Maybe some minor mental improvements, but not much. The negatives have been constant even at low doses.

GreenMachineX

my libido was through the roof for about a month, like a teenager again. returned to what I would classify as normal. Good erection quality and drive. I would say my overall libido is better. The only 2 improvements I have got from TRT are libido and muscle growth. Maybe some minor mental improvements, but not much. The negatives have been constant even at low doses.
Are you going to continue or try daily dosing or anything to mitigate?

I also should mention that since starting TRT, I’ve aged expeditiously. So much grey and wrinkles that people regularly think I’m mid 40’s but only about to turn 37.

Are you going to continue or try daily dosing or anything to mitigate?

I also should mention that since starting TRT, I’ve aged expeditiously. So much grey and wrinkles that people regularly think I’m mid 40’s but only about to turn 37.

I turned 37 in August, but I look like I am 50 from kids and career! Part of the TRT was to help get me through the phase of life I am in (young kids, 2 demanding but rewarding careers). Total fail! I am not sure what I am going to do, honestly. I travel for work often to foreign countries, so the EOD thing seems like a PITA. Not to mention I don’t like poking myself 2x a week, let alone EOD. I know, quit being a baby! I am at that point that something needs to change or I need to get off. I don’t have the ability to be out of it, lethargic, tired, or whatever coming off of TRT is going to do, even for a couple of weeks. I’ll give the EOD a try I guess.

sammmy

If insomnia is caused by large peaks in your T levels, the most logical thing to do is switching to transdermal gel or cream. Yes they do work when you do it correctly.

Apply on arms/abdomen where these are certified for, NOT on testicles where your levels will be again sky high. Use an actual tested version like Androgel, not some unstudied compounding pharmacy concoction - they have no time or funds to actually study their transdermal delivery vehicle.

Target above middle normal to high normal T levels but not higher.

GreenMachineX

I turned 37 in August, but I look like I am 50 from kids and career! Part of the TRT was to help get me through the phase of life I am in (young kids, 2 demanding but rewarding careers). Total fail! I am not sure what I am going to do, honestly. I travel for work often to foreign countries, so the EOD thing seems like a PITA. Not to mention I don’t like poking myself 2x a week, let alone EOD. I know, quit being a baby! I am at that point that something needs to change or I need to get off. I don’t have the ability to be out of it, lethargic, tired, or whatever coming off of TRT is going to do, even for a couple of weeks. I’ll give the EOD a try I guess.
I agree on all accounts. The idea of EOD dosing sounds awful. I don’t travel but I can’t afford to go through coming off. I’m going to reduce dosage first...40mg twice per week first. Even if that keeps my levels at 400 trough, that’s better than without any TRT.

Novaman

I tried it all. Even dropped my dosage to 40 mg Test Cyp 2x a week but continued to have sleep issues where I would wake up and not be able to get back to sleep.

It has now been almost one year since I quit cold turkey and my sleep is finally great. I've incorporated some supplements like Magnesium, really developed a good routine to unwind for bed, and also recently reduced sugars/carbs in my diet.

One thing interesting of note is that prior to going on TRT my Test levels were around the 260-280. While I was on TRT my levels would be in the 700-1000 range. Now that I've been off TRT my most recent bloodwork from last month showed a total T of 505 and a free T of 91

[
I tried it all. Even dropped my dosage to 40 mg Test Cyp 2x a week but continued to have sleep issues where I would wake up and not be able to get back to sleep.

It has now been almost one year since I quit cold turkey and my sleep is finally great. I've incorporated some supplements like Magnesium, really developed a good routine to unwind for bed, and also recently reduced sugars/carbs in my diet.

One thing interesting of note is that prior to going on TRT my Test levels were around the 260-280. While I was on TRT my levels would be in the 700-1000 range. Now that I've been off TRT my most recent bloodwork from last month showed a total T of 505 and a free T of 91

how long were you on for? how was quitting??

slicktop

I do daily injections and it doesn't bother me a bit. Are you still using those harpoon needles? Switch to 29G insulin needles and see how painless it is over here on easy street. I feel literally nothing the majority of the time... maybe once a week I feel the needle.

trtthings

I do daily injections and it doesn't bother me a bit. Are you still using those harpoon needles? Switch to 29G insulin needles and see how painless it is over here on easy street. I feel literally nothing the majority of the time... maybe once a week I feel the needle.

Interesting, does it matter whether you're injecting enanthate or cyp? And where are you injecting?

slicktop

Interesting, does it matter whether you're injecting enanthate or cyp? And where are you injecting?
Enanthate has a shorter half life than cypionate, but that doesn't mean you can't do cypionate daily... more like, enanthate almost required more frequent injections if your goal is a more consistent level. I inject in my quads, almost exclusively, alternating legs with days.

madman

Super Moderator

No, regarding half-life they are basically interchangeable.

Although some do prefer one over the other it should not make a drastic difference.

Both can be injected more/less frequently.

I would be more concerned with what dose/injection frequency you feel best at.

Charliebizz

I don't really know why but for my test cyp was a nightmare. I had all sorts of side effects. Higher bp,water retention,snoring, trouble sleeping and pounding pulse feeling in ears. I switched to enathate and all sides went away. I'm a low shbg guy so I'm still having trouble finding what dose works right for me. But my only side effects I get is when my t is too high. And I get headaches and very moody.

I can't explain why it works different but it's a game changer for me. I seem to be very sensitive to everything though. I recently switched from coumpounded test e in grapeseed oil to pharma grade with sesame seed oil and have been having bad headaches. I stopped taking it to see if they would stop and just been using cream I had laying around and my headaches are gone. Most likely going to go back to the coumpounded test e in grape seed oil

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me