E3.5D vs EOD - Lab Results - UPDATED

Buy Lab Tests Online

S1W

I have been running pretty steady on 60mg T. Cyp. E3.5D (120mg/week) for a while now - no AI or HCG. I like that protocol, it seems to keep my levels at or above the top of the range near trough, and that seems to be where I feel the subjective benefits of TRT.

However, I kept reading stories from guys who claimed that more frequent injections made them feel better. Also, since my E2 was relatively high on the E3.5D protocol and some guys claim smaller more frequent injections lowers E2, I decided to give it a whirl. Often it seems that people lower their total weekly dose when going to a more frequent injection schedule, which always makes me wonder whether the subjective improvement they claim to feel is due to the overall descreased dosage, or the smaller, more frequent injections. So I decided to do a straight apples to apples comparison and keep the same overall weekly dosage, and went with 34mg EOD (which is actually 119mg/week, but that's as close as I could get).

SHBG: 23
HCT: varies between 47 and 52

Labs on 60mg E3.5D (120mg/week). Labs drawn a few hours before Thursday PM injection (not true trough):

TT: 1031 (264-916)
FT: 32 (6.8-21.5)
E2: 46 (8-35)

Labs on 34mg EOD (119/week). 7 weeks into protocol change. Inject at 7am on injection days. Labs drawn at 2pm day after injection (because I don't consider basement level trough levels to be meaningful on this protocol):

TT: 680 (264-916)
FT: 23.3 (6.8-21.5)
E2: 37 (8-35)

Note that I did not test HCT on the EOD protocol because I've had enough variation with HCT on the same exact 60mg E3.5D protocol that a snapshot wasn't important to me. I suspect it had gone down a little though.

In my case, the more frequent injections did make a difference in lowering my E2. Did I feel it? Not at all.

Subjectively, I would say that overall I didn't feel much different on this protocol. If anything, I believe I felt better on E3.5D. Weirdly, the "ocean balls" were worse on EOD - I'm not talking about nut shrinkage, but the tight sack effect. On E3.5D I get that for a day or so, but then things go back to hanging normally. On EOD, the "ocean balls" never really went away. Acne, which I'm somewhat prone to, was also slightly worse on EOD. Combine all of that with the added inconvenience of injecting EOD and yes, I'll be going back to my E3.5D protocol.

As an aside, my doctor full on called this result almost to the number. I remember asking him about switching to EOD, mentioning that lots of the guys on the forums seem to say it was a great way to lower E2. He said, "Just switching to EOD and keeping your dose might drop your E2 about 10 points or so, but I don't think that will really make a meaningful difference to you. Now if we drop your overall dose AND switch to EOD, we can get your E2 a lot lower. But since you're feeling good at these levels, I'm not sure that we should do that".

He was exactly right, but I'm curious and stubborn and had to find out for myself.

Anyway, I was often looking for apples to apples comparisons from guys with an SHBG similar to mine who switched from E3.5D to EOD and kept their overall dosage, and didn't find much. So I figured I'd share my little experiment with you guys.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

My results would have been the exact opposite, 50mg twice weekly got me TT 677, FT 29, E2 70 where 25mg EOD got me 1053 and other markers unknown. It just goes to show we all process androgen differently.

tmaxey1

This is very interesting to see how 2 different people can get 2 totally different results.

I can’t help but wonder if something else could be contributing to this. Maybe different insulin levels from 1 test to the other which seems to cause lower testosterone blood testing results.

I’m surprised to see either protocol really changing testosterone levels for in either persons case since the ester has a 7 day half life and both injection protocols are less than this.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
madman posts an interesting study here showing very large testosterone measurement variations in guys on stable TRT protocols, more than I see with my own.
In men using intramuscular testosterone (IM T), clinical experience shows us that, despite stable dosing and frequency, total testosterone peak (Tp) and trough (Tt) levels are highly variable, thus challenging the clinician to make a decision regarding dose adjustments.
Averaged over all patients, maximum Tp change was 315 +/- 148 ng/dl and maximum Tt change was 152 +/- 94 ng/dl ...

HealthMan

It might be a coincidence or not. But since i start shaking my testosterone vial before drawing the testosterone into the syringe my lab levels have been very consistent. I too had some non-sense results before. Again never read anything saying that you need to shake the vial before using. There is one instance you need to warm up/shake the vial when cristals form inside the vial.
Another thing that might impact your levels is if you use HCG and how you respond to it. I would think that given you are producing your own testosterone when taking HCG some lifestyle choices, diet, etc might affect the levels somewhat. Same applies if the HCG was reconstitued a while ago and lost some potency.
Just me speculating because i always wondered as well when I had some weird lab results after changing protocols

Gman86

I’ve always mixed my testosterone around in the vial before drawing it up. I figured there’s no downside, since testosterone isn’t fragile, and I wasn’t 100% sure if it all stays mixed when sitting for a while, or if some of the testosterone can settle at the bottom. Like I said, I don’t see a downside to mixing it a little before drawing up, so I’ve just been doing it the whole time I’ve been on TRT.

madman

Super Moderator
Oil based esterified testosterone does not need to be shaken nor mixed.....we are not injecting a water based suspension here.

Shaking vial before drawing everytime is pointless!

If anything when the vial is not stored properly (low temperatures) crystals can form than one would need to warm/lightly shake the vial to redissolve the crystals

Package Insert DELATESTRYL® CIII (Testosterone Enanthate Injection, USP) Page 1 of 8

STORAGE DELATESTRYL® (Testosterone Enanthate Injection, USP) should be stored at room temperature. Warming and rotating the vial between the palms of the hands will redissolve any crystals that may have formed during storage at low temperatures.

S1W

So at the risk of having to eat crow, which of course I'm fine with, I found something interesting in an old lab result which might show that at least for me, more frequent injections were useful for lowering E2.

I have a lab result from when I was on 56mg E3.5D (112mg/week) and noticed that my TT/FT in this set of labs was almost identical to the labs from my EOD protocol, but E2 was a lot higher. Labs on 56mg E3.5D:

TT: 661 (264-916)
FT: 23.8 (6.8-21.5)
E2: 50.2 (8-35)

Compared with my labs on 34mg EOD (as referenced in original post):

TT: 680 (264-916)
FT: 23.3 (6.8-21.5)
E2: 37 (8-35)

SHBG: 23

I saw this and realized that I might have to retract my statement that more frequent injections didn't do anything for me. I was too focused on comparing the same total weekly dose and didn't realize that I had a lab that would allow me to compare the same TT/FT levels as they relate to E2 on E3.5D vs EOD injection protocols. Looking at the labs in the original post, it was easy for me to say, "well yeah, E2 is lower because TT/FT are lower". But when I saw this set of older labs in my folder, with roughly identical TT/FT numbers but significantly different E2 numbers, I realized that I was wrong.

Wondering what daily might look like, just for kicks...

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching