e2 vs free e2

Buy Lab Tests Online

carkrazy

On another thread i posted, Vince Carter mentioned about also testing free e2. I've never heard about testing that so I'm really curious and trying to educate myself about it. Can one have normal levels of sensitive e2 yet have high free e2? If so, how would one address that problem?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Its akin to only testing your Total Testosterone and negating Free T. Most low SHBG guys are going to have so much Free E circulating that testing for that specifically is key and basing dosing decisions and adjustments from that.

carkrazy

Its akin to only testing your Total Testosterone and negating Free T. Most low SHBG guys are going to have so much Free E circulating that testing for that specifically is key and basing dosing decisions and adjustments from that.
I get it now. Thanks! When I do my next blood draw I will definitely be adding this to the list. Is it a specific test for men like sensitive e2 or just free estradiol?

stx359

I posted on this a few weeks ago. I am a high SHBG guy who runs a total E2 in the 50's. I always worried about potential negative effects and even obtained an Rx for anastrozole. Just out of curiosity and caution though I ordered a free estradiol test on discounted labs. It came up right in the middle of of the normal range. If I had started the AI I would have crashed my E2. I will always ad free E2 to my bimonthly panel from here on out regardless of cost. I am not even sure total E2 is relevant and I think that the countless posts of guys crashing their E2 on this board might stem from that.

M

MarkM

I get it now. Thanks! When I do my next blood draw I will definitely be adding this to the list. Is it a specific test for men like sensitive e2 or just free estradiol?

LabCorp - refers to this test as "Free Estradiol (Sensitive)".

carkrazy

I posted on this a few weeks ago. I am a high SHBG guy who runs a total E2 in the 50's. I always worried about potential negative effects and even obtained an Rx for anastrozole. Just out of curiosity and caution though I ordered a free estradiol test on discounted labs. It came up right in the middle of of the normal range. If I had started the AI I would have crashed my E2. I will always ad free E2 to my bimonthly panel from here on out regardless of cost. I am not even sure total E2 is relevant and I think that the countless posts of guys crashing their E2 on this board might stem from that.
wow! that's really interesting. This is exactly why i created this thread. Here you have what appears to be high e2 yet your free e2 is on the money. now what? what if it was vice versa? Interesting stuff here.

Last edited:

carkrazy

I've done a bunch of searches on the web but There's not a lot of information out there on the correlation of e2 and free e2. I think this a great topic for an in depth discussion. Maybe this has been covered before and I just haven't found it.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me