Dying to compete - Wash Post

Buy Lab Tests Online
T

tareload

A little bit for everyone in this article. Well so much for that momentum around getting Test/AAS off the controlled substance list. Be careful with those diuretics, clen, and T3.

THE SURVIVORS

For years, Maggy Kheir never questioned anything that Starnes advised. Not the 120 micrograms of clenbuterol the 22-year-old was on days before the first show they did together, according to emails reviewed by The Post. Not the diuretics she said he gave her. Not the increase in thyroid medication he recommended — above the dosage that her doctor prescribed.

“I really think 10mcg daily is really low though,” Starnes wrote in a May 2019 email. “Even 25mcg daily is low.”

“I think my primary doctor started me off on a low dosage because it’s what’s ‘safe,’” Kheir responded.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

1670445195628.png

BigTex

A little bit for everyone in this article. Well so much for that momentum around getting Test/AAS off the controlled substance list. Be careful with those diuretics, clen, and T3.

THE SURVIVORS

For years, Maggy Kheir never questioned anything that Starnes advised. Not the 120 micrograms of clenbuterol the 22-year-old was on days before the first show they did together, according to emails reviewed by The Post. Not the diuretics she said he gave her. Not the increase in thyroid medication he recommended — above the dosage that her doctor prescribed.

“I really think 10mcg daily is really low though,” Starnes wrote in a May 2019 email. “Even 25mcg daily is low.”

“I think my primary doctor started me off on a low dosage because it’s what’s ‘safe,’” Kheir responded.
I got into it with Shelby Starns on promuscle a while back, right after I found out a woman died while he was coaching her. I considered him a friend and ask him to take over my wifes diet as she wanted to compete again. He put her in the hospital. I had kept my mouth shut about it for years and finally opened up about the dangerous regiment he had her doing. Unfortunately I was working long hours and did not pay attention to what was going on. These so called "gurus" are just taking money and putting lives at risk. Women trust them because of who they are.

Here is just the morning stupidity for 1 hour

Cardio (all to be done in the AM on an empty stomach):

50mcg T3 and 80mcg clenbuterol

Also take the following cocktail before all morning cardio sessions:

20mg yohimbine HCL

200mg caffeine

1,000mg l-tyrosine

T

tareload

I got into it with Shelby Starns on promuscle a while back, right after I found out a woman died while he was coaching her. I considered him a friend and ask him to take over my wifes diet as she wanted to compete again. He put her in the hospital. I had kept my mouth shut about it for years and finally opened up about the dangerous regiment he had her doing. Unfortunately I was working long hours and did not pay attention to what was going on. These so called "gurus" are just taking money and putting lives at risk. Women trust them because of who they are.

Here is just the morning stupidity for 1 hour

Cardio (all to be done in the AM on an empty stomach):

50mcg T3 and 80mcg clenbuterol

Also take the following cocktail before all morning cardio sessions:

20mg yohimbine HCL

200mg caffeine

1,000mg l-tyrosine
I am glad she is OK and made it. What you shared from Guru above is dumb as s**t. Thanks for sharing!

And I don't see where SR got sued for this:

Protect your heart and kidneys guys.

Scientists really need to take Ronnie and Ozzy's genes and come up with the ultimate BB. Scary drug tolerance combined with response.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigTex

She was diagnosed with severe Adrenal fatigue. It took a few months to recovery fully. Yea, Chad Nichols is another one.

T

tareload

She was diagnosed with severe Adrenal fatigue. It took a few months to recovery fully. Yea, Chad Nichols is another one.

Thank you for sharing. I get about 1/2 through these videos and want to vomit. But people will go to great lengths to win. But good point raised in video that many people don't understand the unknown knowns that are not stacked in their favor. Complete opposite of 3 of the 4 pillars of medical ethics.

I would be horrible coach. Would talk any client out of any protocol.

BigTex

The sad thing is my wife won the Nationals and IFBB-Procard in 1990. She never went on to compete pro and things had changed a whole lot when she decided to give it a shot. Back in the 90's the female bodybuilder look was more like Corinna Everson. Now they are much more muscular and come into a show very dry. IMHO, much more so than men. She had no idea what she had to do and wanted someone to help. I had known Shelby Starns on a more personal level since maybe 2010, before he got his pro card. After the tase of competition she got from Shelby, she hung it up completely. The judges who keep voting for this extreme dry look and the coaches who keep pushing women that direction have killed the sport.

BigTex

Thank you for sharing. I get about 1/2 through these videos and want to vomit. But people will go to great lengths to win. But good point raised in video that many people don't understand the unknown knowns that are not stacked in their favor. Complete opposite of the 3 of 4 pillars of medical ethics.

I would be horrible coach. Would talk any client out of any protocol.
Again @readalot, the IFBB has met several times in the past and voted to change the rules to force women not to be so hard and dry and maitain a femanine look. Judges kept allowing it to go the other way. There have been more than one IFBB meeting take place tryhing to get the sport back to the right direction, but the ones who continue to win a big, hard, and dry. So it continued to the point the sport has finally been dissolved at the pro level.

T

tareload

Whoops. Would have been better for him to not do this interview.

T

tareload

I understand Shawn Ray is not very liked in the industry but as a coach, when 6 of your big time clients die under your watch, then there is a problem. You kind of need to re-think your approach.

He got very lucky with Ronnie being the mutant that he is. Almost killed him too. Incredible constitution on that specimen. Must have elephant type tolerance.

Belekas

nobody
That was a tough read @readalot as I've been around for a while as well and still have my old IG account(its disabled for now, too much distraction) where I follow 5k of bbers, coaches, docs, scientists etc and also can relate some coaches in my country used to do same shit and folks went to hospital but don't remember it somebody went to the graveyard. Low key always wanted to become an IFBB pro, although never competed, even though my coach always wanted me to, but I never did it. Probably regret a bit now that I should have done at least once as I was ready. After following most bbers and fitness folks for close to 2 decades, seeing all these deaths, injuries etc, I never pushed the pedal and went further. I wan't to live a healthy life and still have a lot to do. Also probably because it was never my plan A, even though I worked my ass off sometimes 7days per week, 2 sessions per day. Lived on such strict regiment for all that time that people would go crazy when I said that I never competed and did it all for myself. Not flexing, just sharing bit of my story as it feels great to be able to share with likeminded men, which I find so few these days where I am at, sadly.

Now that Shelby guy, I've been following him as well on IG for years and after all those deaths he still continued to do what he does. Probably like most "killer" coaches. If he would have done something like @BigTex mentioned I would have given him a masked show and broke both his legs without any excuse, because it's just unacceptable. The problem with these people is that they still are able to walk after all they have done just like that and the problem with most people who support them is that they say "well they knew the risks and had the whatever it takes mentality bs". Disease needs treating and treating means getting to the root cause of it. It's really sad and I don't think it will ever change especially in the environment we are living now.

BigTex

You know if you give someone drugs or inject someone with drugs and they diet you can be chanrged with involuntary manslaughter. I thnk this is so out of hand that it i snot going stop until one of these coaches is charged with a crime. Being a coach, there is a fine line between winning and being responsible. In my case, my wife should should have stopped what she was doing but she has a hard head and wanted to keep going and not fail. There is NO WAY anyone should be taking diuretics and T3 for months away from a show. My wife made it clear she had no goal for a show and would come up wth one as she saw her progress going. Getting prepped for a show take 12-16 weeks of hard work. Things like aldactone are only used the last week and a dyazide the last day if even necessary. Loop diuretics like lasix should never be used unless yo want to lose the show flat and fat and risk a heat attack after your potassium drops to the floor.

Belekas

nobody

Wow, Wash Post has really taken an interest in BB.
Poor girl. Hope she makes it. My blood boils from reading such and calls for immediate punisher action. It's actually sad af that this bs is happening and nobody gives af. I'm sure this "couch" will meet his Karma one day but how many more birds will have their wings broken till then?

BigTex

Unfortunately, there are some good prep coaches out there. Chris Aceto is one of them who has found that BBers do much better cycling carbs even in the 1wk pre-contest phase he only drops carbs generally to 25% and that is on Tuesday before a Saturday meet. Aceto has been helping BBers with diets for maybe 30 years, back when there we none of these GURUS. This is all something relatively new. Back before the early 2000's when the internet really took off these GURUS did not exist, and competitors learned from passing ideas off between each other.

Most of the new guys including Shelby Starns have way too many clients and don't understand the scientific the law of individuality. Now two people are exactly the same yet they have one size fits all cut and past diets and supplement protocols they see simply because they don't have the time to spend with 400+ clients a day. Shelby Starns for instance was very big himself on doing a lot of T3 and diuretics. So he passes that off to his clients.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me