Dr. Crisler, SQ, and studies?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Spetzal

I was watching one of the late Dr. Crisler’s videos….i believe he mentioned there or in a blog that SQ injections end up raising T levels about 20% higher than same dose on IM

i.e. 80mg total weekly SQ would get results like 100mg total weekly IM

please someone correct me, as i think im not fully understanding this. please post links to articles or threads that support this. Any studies done?

@Nelson Vergel please post link to threads or articles youve posted, im getting info overload on my searches :)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

Pharmacokinetic misunderstanding is my hypothesis:

See this post and the thread. Easy to make this mistake if you don't measure Area Under Curve or understand differences in absorption / elimination half life between the two injection methods.

Spetzal

My takeaway after reading: no significant difference in total T between SQ and IM if testing is done at appropriate times. Since im carrying an extra 90 pounds in my belly, it will probably take a higher weekly total dose via SQ to achieve similar results by a lower dose IM. Also, SQ is gonna take several weeks to fully saturate and notice any improvement because of the tummy fat.

would it matter (be better) to inject SQ in a body area with less fat?

captain

You will see no difference I would guess. The benefit of SQ is a smaller Syringe with more frequent dose.

Last edited:

Spetzal

Well, i did the IM for several years, but with nerve damage in my legs and living alone now, its gotta be the SQ route…..so i guess its “suck it up” time, cuz the next few weeks are gonna be rough waiting for the SQ fat/saturations issue to settle…. :)

Spetzal

Ive read several excellent threads under/associated with the “testosterone basics” section on this forum. I see people talking about injecting into the “shoulders”, but i didnt see that mentioned on the formal guides i saw. Did a search, find more people talkmg about it…but no photos/descriptions/videos. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Ive read several excellent threads under/associated with the “testosterone basics” section on this forum. I see people talking about injecting into the “shoulders”, but i didnt see that mentioned on the formal guides i saw. Did a search, find more people talkmg about it…but no photos/descriptions/videos. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Spetzal

@Nelson Vergel yes, i saw the pic of the shallow IM deltoid and watched it referenced in that video also. Perhaps im getting confused by the word “shoulder”? To me, “shoulder” is a fairly large region..Could you please clarify?

T

tareload

@Nelson Vergel yes, i saw the pic of the shallow IM deltoid and watched it referenced in that video also. Perhaps im getting confused by the word “shoulder”? To me, “shoulder” is a fairly large region..Could you please clarify?
1674245356430.png

2nd video he shared. Medial deltoid.

Here is the pic in the thread he shared:

1674245643379.png

Spetzal

We are talking at cross purposes. Its a question of defining terms, medical and layman. “Deltoid” is a specific anatomical location, “shoulder” is a region. Thats the confusion. I do thank everyone for their assistance, everyone on this forum has been incredibly patient and helpful. Based on the responses on this thread, i now understand that people are using the terms interchangably.

Graham

I was a patient of Dr Crisler, I tried sub q and a dosage injected IM got me to say 700-800 ng when given sub q (belly fat) maybe got me to 400 ng. I never looked back but I am interested if the absorption rates are different in other parts of the body such as the glutes.

BadassBlues

Dr. C believed (correctly) that Sub Q injections were preferable due to splitting the dose into 2 per week. By doing this, you eliminate the extreme low trough of weekly IM injections. Also, a smaller dose resulted in lower aromatase activity, even when injected into adipose tissue. It was proven that Sub Q injections resulted in less conversion to E2.

The down sides? If you use the same injection site you develop small bumps and leathery skin in that area. You have to move it around a lot to avoid that. Sometimes the bumps can become inflamed...not pleasant.

He had a great tutorial video that explained all of this.

I was on this protocol for years until just recently. I used a 28 gauge insulin syringe. Very easy and painless, albeit a little slow to fill.

I am trying T Gel for a few months to try and get back to a more natural ebb and flow... another Crisler recommendation, along with daily small HCG injections to replace the missing LH.

The man scored some real home runs... I really miss him.

Last edited:

bixt

I was a patient of Dr Crisler, I tried sub q and a dosage injected IM got me to say 700-800 ng when given sub q (belly fat) maybe got me to 400 ng. I never looked back but I am interested if the absorption rates are different in other parts of the body such as the glutes.

Hey @madman , heres another statistic for you!

madman

Super Moderator

Hey, madman, he said so!

LMFAO.

Still clueless I see!

As mentioned, I have done absolutely ZERO bloodwork to date. I simply tried ever increasing doses till I felt great (probably after my free T went over the range).

I am NOT advocating anyone else here tries my novel approach, but everyone seems to do bloodwork and then still proceeds to adjust dosing, adding compounds, blaming E2, etc. So whats the point? Getting free T over the range (which was really my great grandfathers within range) seems to be key to feeling great. Increasing dosing is the only way to accomplish that.

Better yet would not even show my mug on here this is f**king embarrassing!

Tread lightly when it comes to dishing out advice on here.

You would be far better off on one of those other bumass forums!

madman

Super Moderator

The men on all those forums represent a tiny slice of the trt pie!

Go home and take some of those other piss ants lurking on here with you!

equel

Madman being cringy as usual.

SubQ often makes for less testosterone and higher e2 in the blood. Demonstrated tons of times thruout most TRT/bodybuilder forums, even on here.

Me personally: Cut my T in half and doubled my e2.

The few - non peer revieved BTW - studies done on subQ are _shit_ and nothin else.

SubQ is usually suboptimal, period.

I would love madman to get in an argument with broderick chavez about this. 2 old grumpy men going at it - and yes madman, you would get crushed totally.

NEXT

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching