Dosage question for daily injections

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sanjuancap

I have been on trt for about three months. Started at .15 ml per day now at .2 per day.

I can’t figure out how many mg a day or week I am taking. I am on testosterone cypionate at 200mg/ml.

Am I calculating right that I am at 280 mg per week?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Yes, 0.2 mL/day * 7 days/week * 200 mg/mL = 280 mg/week (40 mg/day). By the way, this provides four times the testosterone that the average young man makes naturally. This is not TRT. Why not try a few months of physiological dosing before pushing your luck? A reasonable daily dose to start with is 0.05 mL or 10 mg testosterone cypionate.

Sanjuancap

Yes, 0.2 mL/day * 7 days/week * 200 mg/mL = 280 mg/week (40 mg/day). By the way, this provides four times the testosterone that the average young man makes naturally. This is not TRT. Why not try a few months of physiological dosing before pushing your luck? A reasonable daily dose to start with is 0.05 mL or 10 mg testosterone cypionate.
I didn’t know. I have been trying to figure it out. I looked on the male excel site and this is what they say.

“The main advantage of a daily injection is that a regular lower dose (typical dosage ranges from 0.10 mL – 0.25 mL per day) offers optimum testosterone support for your system. Daily injections mean no spike or drop in levels for optimal results.”

So I thought I had a regular dose and it even says a regular lower dose.

andrewBwinter

I didn’t know. I have been trying to figure it out. I looked on the male excel site and this is what they say.

“The main advantage of a daily injection is that a regular lower dose (typical dosage ranges from 0.10 mL – 0.25 mL per day) offers optimum testosterone support for your system. Daily injections mean no spike or drop in levels for optimal results.”

I don't normally comment on dosage because it's personal as @Systemlord has mentioned. Your doctor would have prescribed the weekly dose based on analysis of bloodwork and an interview to discuss symptoms and hormone balance. Anything over 150mg/wk tends to be on the high side for TRT, but your physician or clinician would have dosed you according to your needs at the start of treatment. You should have that dose information.

Rx Example - 120 mg / wk
200mg/ml is a common vial and if you were to draw 1 mL of Test-C, you would have 200mg in that 1mL syringe:
* 1 dose/wk would be .60 ml (using a 1mL syringe) x 200mg/mL or 120 mg / wk
* every 3.5 days would be .30 ml (morning and then 3.5 days (night) after that)
* Twice weekly can be a bit tricky since even numbers don't divide by 7 so base it on 14 days (every other day is 7 days of injections over a 2 week period):
* Two weeks would be 240 mg/2 weeks or 1.2 mL total for 2 weeks (,6mL x 2)
*Divide by 7 injections = ~ .18 ml every other day for as long as you use that dosing schedule will be approximately 120 mg / wk.

Again, discuss this with your doctor or clinician.

Cataceous

Super Moderator

I think that page should be modified. Physiological doses of testosterone cypionate range from less than 50 mg per week to about 100 mg per week. Doses up to 120 mg per week might plausibly still be called TRT. But going much above that is gratuitous and there's no evidence that such dosing is better for overall health—on the contrary, various side effects are more likely.

Edit: To clarify, that's the site with a similar name, but it's not ExcelMale, so no surprise that the information is substandard.

Last edited:

MarcoFL

Excuse me if this has already been covered but how do most handle when they forget a day while on daily injections? For instance if taking 14mg daily and forget one day would you inject 28 the next day? Thank you and happy new year!

Systemlord

For instance if taking 14mg daily and forget one day would you inject 28 the next day? Thank you and happy new year!
That would constitute a change in protocol, any change can lead to unsteady levels. If you miss a dosage, continue as if you didn’t missed the injection at all and inject your usual amount of Test.

T

tareload

I looked on the male excel site

To clarify, that's the site with a similar name, but it's not ExcelMale, so no surprise that the information is substandard.

1672416622116.png

1672416604666.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com