Donating blood question

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

When donating blood to the Red Cross, am I required to tell them I am on HCG & T? What happens if I don’t?
The Red Cross with deny blood donations to people on steroids without a doctors script for phlebotomy. If you do get a therapeutic phlebotomy, they will throw away the blood and not use it where it’s needed most.

There is no difference between a person living at high altitude and someone on T replacement living at sea level.

3DMission

I’m confused, I see the Red Cross vans everywhere looking for people to donate blood and nothing on the website says doctors note required, but they do comprehensive interview beforehand. One of the questions I’m sure would be are you taking any medications. I’m wondering if…

1) must I tell them I’m on T and HCG?

2) if I do tell them, will they deny my blood donation because I’m on those meds?

Systemlord

I was always asked if I was on steroids, which I am, but I don’t feel it’s relevant so I say no. If I say yes, I can’t donate and help others.

It’s that simply. So if you tell them you’re on steroids, they will tell you to get a script from your doctor and then will not use your blood, they will discard it which kind of defeats the purpose of donating blood.

3DMission

That was my thought. I’m not abusing any medication, I’m fact these meds just restore me to normal levels, so I don’t see the need to disclose that info. My blood is perfectly healthy to donate so why see it go to waste? I just didn’t know if I would get in trouble for not reporting it, I assume there is no way for them to know whether I’m on HRT or not?

DaveK22

Just casually mention that you're doing a paleo diet and eating a lot of red meat lately prior to your finger prick, then the high hemoglobin won't raise the eye brow (as much anyway)

PS Don't offer info not asked. I've never been asked if on TRT nor do I offer that up

3DMission

Good idea! Appreciate the tip man! Do you do anything to guard against iron loss from donating? This will be the first time I’ve ever done this.

t_spacemonkey

i donate to red cross freuqently. they ask if you are donating due to TRT - never an issue, no script needed. they won't take it if HCT is above 20

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me