Donating Blood (or plasma) question...

Buy Lab Tests Online

DaveK22

So I recently donated blood and the girl was saying how they would like me to consider donating plasma. I'm AB+ so I guess I'm a good fit.

As most of us know, they're is an ancillary benefit to donating blood when on TRT. I was unfamiliar with plasma donating...guess they sperate the red blood cells and plasma, then they extract the plasma, and then the red blood cells get pumped back into the donor's body.

So am I correct that if you donate plasma while on TRT, you are not getting the reduction in hemoglobin & hematocrit like you would get in regular blood donation?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
So I recently donated blood and the girl was saying how they would like me to consider donating plasma. I'm AB+ so I guess I'm a good fit.

As most of us know, they're is an ancillary benefit to donating blood when on TRT. I was unfamiliar with plasma donating...guess they sperate the red blood cells and plasma, then they extract the plasma, and then the red blood cells get pumped back into the donor's body.

So am I correct that if you donate plasma while on TRT, you are not getting the reduction in hemoglobin & hematocrit like you would get in regular blood donation?[/

plasma collection methods:

• recovered plasma: where plasma is separated after a whole blood donation
  • apheresis: where the plasma is separated during donation so that red and white blood cells, as well as the platelets, can be put back

If you are strictly donating plasma using the apheresis method:
  • apheresis: where the plasma is separated during donation so that red and white blood cells, as well as the platelets, can be put back

Than there will be no reduction in hemoglobin/hematocrit.

If you are donating using the recovered plasma method:

• recovered plasma: where plasma is separated after a whole blood donation

Than there will be a reduction in hemoglobin/hematocrit.

DaveK22

Well, I assume its the apheresis method since I'd be hooked up to a machine during the donation. I'm pretty sure NO REDUCTION in hemoglobin/hematocrit then.

Thanks!

is the plasma the same as a double red blood cell? Ive only heard aspheris machine with a double red blood cell. 1 needle in each arm. Certain Dr told me with a double red or power red donation you can get as much as a 6% reduction in RBC/HCT than a whole blood donation. But then you can only do that every 90 days I believe, it's longer period than a whole blood 56 cycle.

Vince

Super Moderator
Because of this unique combination, AB+ donors’ blood can only be given to others with AB+ blood. However, AB+ is the universal recipient blood type, meaning that patients with AB+ blood can receive blood from donors of any blood type if they require a transfusion.

My Blood Type is AB+ - Carter BloodCare

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching