Does TRT raise or decrease cortisol?

Buy Lab Tests Online
I have been a bad sleeper my entire life, but it has become a significant problem after a few months on TRT. I find myself exhausted all day then “wired but tired” at night. It takes me a few hrs to go to sleep. Once I am asleep I normally sleep ok, but wake way too early in the morn, after roughly 4-5 hrs of sleep. I am completely exhausted but can’t sleep.

I am thinking I have a cortisol issue going on. I tested my cortisol pre TRT, and it was normal. I was under the impressionthat TRT will lower cortisol, but my peer suggested Other wise. Whats the scoop? Not sure how long I can go on like this.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
This thread may help

This thread may help

it does, thanks. Still looking fir the answer to my original cortisol question. doc next month so I can ask then, but I was going to tap the wealth of knowledge here as well.

Joe Sixpack

TRT lowered my cortisol. But the thing is, each and every person will react differently to any administered drug or substance. So there is no telling if TRT would lower your cortisol. Note that changes to sleep patterns on TRT are not unheard of.

Gman86

TRT lowered my cortisol. But the thing is, each and every person will react differently to any administered drug or substance. So there is no telling if TRT would lower your cortisol. Note that changes to sleep patterns on TRT are not unheard of.

Did the lower cortisol effect u negatively at all?

Vvs1

Keep in mind there are other binding globulins like SHBG, TBG, and maybe one for cortisol that TRT can change

Joe Sixpack

Did the lower cortisol effect u negatively at all?
It did at first, for maybe a year or so, but as I have made adjustments to my TRT protocol, I feel like I've moved past any cortisol issues. I did do the 4 tube saliva cortisol test before and after starting TRT. The early morning reading was upper normal another 2 were very low normal and the 4PM reading was below normal. Every single reading after TRT was lower than before TRT. Not lower by a ton, but lower none-the-less.

Gman86

It did at first, for maybe a year or so, but as I have made adjustments to my TRT protocol, I feel like I've moved past any cortisol issues. I did do the 4 tube saliva cortisol test before and after starting TRT. The early morning reading was upper normal another 2 were very low normal and the 4PM reading was below normal. Every single reading after TRT was lower than before TRT. Not lower by a ton, but lower none-the-less.

Awesome, thanks. Any specific things u did to get past the cortisol issues, or they just naturally dissipated as time went on while on TRT?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I have been a bad sleeper my entire life, but it has become a significant problem after a few months on TRT. I find myself exhausted all day then “wired but tired” at night. It takes me a few hrs to go to sleep. Once I am asleep I normally sleep ok, but wake way too early in the morn, after roughly 4-5 hrs of sleep. I am completely exhausted but can’t sleep.

I am thinking I have a cortisol issue going on. I tested my cortisol pre TRT, and it was normal. I was under the impressionthat TRT will lower cortisol, but my peer suggested Other wise. Whats the scoop? Not sure how long I can go on like this.

Here is an interesting list

I chew on three of these at 9 pm and one again if I wake up before 4 am

Source Naturals Sleep Science Melatonin 1 mg Peppermint Flavor - Helps Promote Sleep - 300 Lozenge Tablets

Joe Sixpack

Awesome, thanks. Any specific things u did to get past the cortisol issues, or they just naturally dissipated as time went on while on TRT?
It just dissipated over time. Sadly there is not a lot you can do about low cortisol, I mean aside from the usual...get enough sleep, exercise, eat well, blah blah blah. Getting the testosterone protocol dialed in helped quite a lot for me.

Gman86

It just dissipated over time. Sadly there is not a lot you can do about low cortisol, I mean aside from the usual...get enough sleep, exercise, eat well, blah blah blah. Getting the testosterone protocol dialed in helped quite a lot for me.

Ya that’s one thing I always think about. I’m always like, what’s the point of testing it and finding out if it is in fact low. It’s not like I’m gonna do anything about it. I’m not going to take a corticosteroid to raise it up, so what’s the point of even worrying about it

Joe Sixpack

Ya that’s one thing I always think about. I’m always like, what’s the point of testing it and finding out if it is in fact low. It’s not like I’m gonna do anything about it. I’m not going to take a corticosteroid to raise it up, so what’s the point of even worrying about it
Agreed. The only benefit of the testing is that if you find out you are low, then you might be able to decide that low cortisol MIGHT be the cause of whatever adverse symptoms you are having. But then you are stuck with having no way to really improve the situation.

Gman86

Agreed. The only benefit of the testing is that if you find out you are low, then you might be able to decide that low cortisol MIGHT be the cause of whatever adverse symptoms you are having. But then you are stuck with having no way to really improve the situation.

Exactly. My exact thoughts

So I recently got another 4 point cortisol test after about 8 months of TRT. pre TRT I was ”normal”, high in the morning and slowly lowering to almost nothing at night. Post TRT....man....what a train wreck. Lower/middle norm in the morning in the evening it skyrockets! Almost like a 180 of how it supposed to be. No wonder I feel like complete crap!

Joe Sixpack

So I recently got another 4 point cortisol test after about 8 months of TRT. pre TRT I was ”normal”, high in the morning and slowly lowering to almost nothing at night. Post TRT....man....what a train wreck. Lower/middle norm in the morning in the evening it skyrockets! Almost like a 180 of how it supposed to be. No wonder I feel like complete crap!
Yeah that's not good at all

GreenMachineX

I just posted in the other thread about testosterone causing sleep issues. I may have to do a salivary cortisol test again and measure at that 3am wake up time. As I mentioned in the other thread, I’m only using 50mg testosterone twice per week, and that keeps my free T about 19-22 on range of 9-25, and total T about 550. This is highly disappointing.

Gianluca

I thought firstly, that when TRT lowers Pregnenolone/Progesterone, that’s why we see a decrease in cortisol in some.

Another point is, naturally testosterone peaks and decline during the day in similar fashion as cortisol does, peraphs trying to daily dose to obtain stable levels, may upset this ratio/balance as well.

Thoughts?

Anonymon

I know on TRT my preg was flatlining, and higher dose preg in the morning felt to me like the good sides of taking cortisol meds. Currently experimenting with lowering my test dose by 30ish% and at least within the first week I do notice some things that resemble a little of that as well in a heightened way. Testosterone, and potentially TRT as I don’t recall the specific study, was found to reduce the adrenal gland response to CRH. I think the study shot them up with 100mg of it.

Seems like the ideal form of test would be a rapid release pattern injected in the morning, but most of us like myself are on test-c or e.

This is kind of splitting hairs but based on extensive experimentation I actually think someone’s problem with lower cortisol stems more from a lack of it being in transport form like cortisone than necessarily just having low cortisol, which is why it can be complicated to treat with external aids that are the pure active form hitting you all at once. That has different tissue affinity and you end up with a different ration of cortisol hitting some things more than others, which isn’t really what you want. Might also be why people like that do well at times on lower carb diets or keto because although it does spike your baseline cortisol levels, most of it’s in the form of cortisone according to some studies, at the ready to use and processed when needed on a tissue basis in a way most people would favor. Although lower carb diets support less muscle glycogen, that’s also partly why they’re additionally muscle tissue protective because of the drop in active cortisol and T3 working together on the muscles. Lower carb diets and TRT go well together for that reason probably. Helps deal with some of the trade offs of TRT and doesn’t drop your test because you’re pinning it in your butt cheeks. Guys like Rogan are probably self medicating with it.

That’s a lot of weird text but essentially I’ve found and theorize that getting your body to produce cortisol’s still the ideal way of dealing with low cortisol because it’s just not the same to do it otherwise and sometimes can make things worse.

Systemlord

It depends on what is raising the cortisol, in my case diabetes was causing stress within my body and TRT help with diabetes management immensely.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me