Does TRT effect eyesight?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Starplex

So I'm on week 4 of a dosage reduction. Dropping from 250mg to 200mg. (Will likely drop to 175). I noticed yesterday that my right eye is very blurry at 2 feet away (computer screen). I had Lasik several years ago and have had better than 20/20 vision every time I'm tested. So wondering if this is a hormone side effect or will I need glasses again sometime soon. Hoping for just a temporary side effect.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
How old are you? The LASIK you had is not a permanent fix. It’s more likely that it’s a combination of regression and lens changes. Hormonal shifts can affect vision but not in the way you’ve described. We will normally see it in pregnant women because their lenses swell slightly making them a little more near sighted. If near vision is decreased it usually due to the onset of presbyopia.

Vince

Super Moderator
So I'm on week 4 of a dosage reduction. Dropping from 250mg to 200mg. (Will likely drop to 175). I noticed yesterday that my right eye is very blurry at 2 feet away (computer screen). I had Lasik several years ago and have had better than 20/20 vision every time I'm tested. So wondering if this is a hormone side effect or will I need glasses again sometime soon. Hoping for just a temporary side effect.
I’ve never heard of trt affecting anyone’s vision. So I would think something else is causing it.

Yes likely due to age. Just turned 46 and figured reading glasses would be required at some point.
Bingo. It’s amazing how fast presbyopia sneaks up on us. I promise you you’ll wake up soon and not be able to read the paper or your phone without having to extend your arms quite a bit.

HarryCat2

It is rare, but yes it can.

and

Rare eye condition (Ciliochoroidal effusion syndrome) linked with exogenous testosterone use.
We talked about this case in conference I attended a while ago. It’s one of those single zebras in a herd of horses kind of occurrence.

sv1000

If your insulin levels are improving Then yes it will effect your eyesight most definitely. I noticed this in week 3 myself. I looked at my log notes. Massive improvement in cognitive function as well.

3DMission

I required glasses prior to starting TRT. Once I started TRT I noticed I didn’t need my glasses the often. Now I’m completely glasses free!! Not sure why, but TRT fixed my vision. My left eye was always weaker than my right eye. It’s not perfect now, but it’s recovered enough that it doesn’t give me headaches or cause me issues. It’s like the TRT strengthened my left eye just enough to relieve the issues it was causing. Any ideas as to why this would be?

jonezee2014

I had an eye exam a couple years ago where a cataract was found in my left eye. The doctor asked "are you on steroids?" I said TRT and she said she sees cataracts in a single eye in men sometimes that are on testosterone for what it's worth..

sv1000

I had an eye exam a couple years ago where a cataract was found in my left eye. The doctor asked "are you on steroids?" I said TRT and she said she sees cataracts in a single eye in men sometimes that are on testosterone for what it's worth..
I would take that with a grain of salt. If anything the anecdotal studies show that low testosterone is linked to cataracts not to reverse.

There’s a direct correlation between prednisone (corticosteroid) use and posterior subcapsular cataracts. T is a different class not associated with cataract formation. We don’t see pubescent boys with those types of cataracts without some underlying systemic condition being treated with long-term or high dosed prednisone.

Tman

I would take that with a grain of salt. If anything the anecdotal studies show that low testosterone is linked to cataracts not to reverse.

I am not sure I would shrug off observations about eyes from a person who lives and breathes..eyes.

Tman

Yes...sometimes I wake up and it's liked my eyes are glossed over and it takes anywhere from a few minutes to an hour to clear. I've also noticed a lot of eye crust in the morning from certain dosages. For me, I believe this occurs when I drop my estradial to low since I don't have either effect when I increase my T doses.

Are you on an AI?

Systemlord

On dosing changes my vision is blurry if I put on my prescription glasses when looking at things close up like a computer screen. Things return to normal after a 1-2 weeks.

Also when not on TRT I tend to get very dry eyes.

On dosing changes my vision is blurry if I put on my prescription glasses when looking at things close up like a computer screen. Things return to normal after a 1-2 weeks.

Also when not on TRT I tend to get very dry eyes.
When on TRT our levels of sebum increase, hence the up tick in acne. Our eyelids secrete a similar substance called meibum. It’s the lipid layer within the our tears. One of its purposes is to aid in keeping our tears from evaporating quickly. So, no T, no oil, thus dryer eyes with some blur. Women who are menopausal go through the same thing until they can get their hormones adjusted as well. Plus, nothing is as efficient the older we get unfortunately.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me