Does TRT Cream Cause Hairloss??

Buy Lab Tests Online

koolx

I was prescribed testosterone cream for low testosterone. My t level is at 280. The cream is androgel. Got 2 questions:

1) I've been on it for 2 weeks now. Does it cause hairloss? If so I''ll discontinue using it.

2) Although I've been on it for 2 weeks, for the first 3 - 4 days I noticed my libido improved. But since then I lost that improvement. What does that mean and how do i fix this if possibe?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

cigpk

I was prescribed testosterone cream for low testosterone. My t level is at 280. The cream is androgel. Got 2 questions:

1) I've been on it for 2 weeks now. Does it cause hairloss? If so I''ll discontinue using it.

2) Although I've been on it for 2 weeks, for the first 3 - 4 days I noticed my libido improved. But since then I lost that improvement. What does that mean and how do i fix this if possibe?
If you’re prone to male pattern baldness, TRT will likely speed this up.
My take is if you’re willing to give up TRT due to going bald, then it is most definitely not for you. You can look into Rogaine though but I was “thinning” when I got on T and now 5 years later I’m almost completely bald at the age of 29.

I disagree with "likely", it's possible but I think not likely and as you lead with being prone to MPB...is far more about genetics than any thing else, if it runs in your family. IN and of itself, Test/DHT/TRT are not going to cause a guy to lose his hair.

Gman86

How old are you? I’ve heard that if you don’t have any issues with balding by around 30, you most likely won’t experience too many issues in that department on TRT. I’m 33 now, started HRT when I was 27. Just got done using the cream on my testicles for a couple months, which sky rockets DHT. I haven’t experienced any balding or hair thinning that I’m aware of. Never experienced any on any other form of TRT either.

Systemlord

Although I've been on it for 2 weeks, for the first 3 - 4 days I noticed my libido improved. But since then I lost that improvement. What does that mean and how do i fix this if possibe?

This could mean you stopped absorbing the T-gel, androgen is gel based testosterone and is the least effective TRT option. It's common for androgel to fail because men absorb gels poorly and I see a lot of guys coming to these forums claiming it worked right out of the gate and stopped working weeks later.

They can increase the dosage and keep trying to bail water out of a sinking ship, but eventually the ship will sink. Androgel only works for about 35 percent of guys, most eventually end up on injections do to their bodies absorbing poorly as time goes on.

The androgel was enough to add to the natural testosterone your body was already producing and when your natural T was shutdown, the androgel wasn't enough to sustain you. The T-creams applied to the scrotum are far more effective because the skin on the testicles is 6 times thinner than anywhere else on the body, but are only available through private practices through compounding pharmacies.

Androgel is like watered down tea, the T-creams are 20%/200mg strength, androgel is like 1.62%. If you're thinking about applying androgel to your scrotum, you will be sorry you did!

Last edited:

koolx

How old are you? I’ve heard that if you don’t have any issues with balding by around 30, you most likely won’t experience too many issues in that department on TRT. I’m 33 now, started HRT when I was 27. Just got done using the cream on my testicles for a couple months, which sky rockets DHT. I haven’t experienced any balding or hair thinning that I’m aware of. Never experienced any on any other form of TRT either.

I'm 48 now. But I've been thinning hair for 4 years. So I'm a bit apprehensive about the trt that I started less than 2 weeks ago. I'm strongly thinking about stopping it because of the potential hairloss.

Gman86

I'm 48 now. But I've been thinning hair for 4 years. So I'm a bit apprehensive about trt. I'm strongly thinking about stopping it because of the potential hairloss.

Ya 99% of guys will tell you to stop being a little girl, and not worry about your hair and just shave your head. I’m not one of those guys. I’m pretty vain, and totally understand why hair loss prevention is important to some men. So I totally get where you’re coming from.

koolx

This could mean you stopped absorbing the T-gel, androgen is gel based testosterone and is the least effective TRT option. It's common for androgen to fail because men absorb gels poorly and I see a lot of guys coming to these forums claiming it worked right out of the gate and stopped working weeks later.

But I was on the cream for less than 2 weeks, about 10 days.

If you're thinking about applying androgel to your scrotum, you will be sorry you did!

Whats happens when you apply the cream to the scrotum?

And do you think a good alternative to the t cream without hairloss symptoms is Clomid?

I've stopped using t cream for 2 days now. Do you think the past 10 days I used it caused any hairloss?

Last edited:

Appassionato

The DHT hairloss theory is flawed and I did a post about it time ago on this forum.
Use the search button.

The so called AGA has been renamed MPB recently, due to evidences and study proving it's unrelated to serum androgens level.

MPB could have several causes, that's why there's no ONLY one therapy to treat the problem, but several. When something is wrong in your body, one of the first symptoms you start experiencing is hair thinning.

If you want to keep it on the hormones ground, what greatly matters is the T:E2 ratio. Both low E2 and an estrogen dominance in men cause hairloss.

Have a look at these guys, they explain why you need to approach the problem on several fields, because, unless you did extensive testing, you don't what's causing it.

My Story

But don't buy their products, they are overpriced for no reason.

What worked for me was making sure my minerals levels were in the range (zinc, copper etc) and using simple peptides on the scalp. This product in particular worked like a charm and it's quite inexpensive:

The Ordinary | Clinical Formulations with Integrity | A DECIEM Brand

If you started losing hairs 4 years ago, TRT or not, your MPB will get worse if you don't try to solve the problem at the root.
But please, don't use any Minoxidil or finasteride. I'm on TRT thanks to finasteride among other issues.

Systemlord

But I was on the cream for less than 2 weeks, about 10 days.

Whats happens when you apply the cream to the scrotum?

And do you think a good alternative to the t cream without hairloss symptoms is Clomid?

I've stopped using t cream for 10 days now. Do you think the these past 10 days caused any hairloss?

I wouldn't be worried about hair loss, I'd be worried about the diseases associated with low testosterone because they have the potential to lower your quality of life and hair loss is just cosmetics.

I don't understand this obsession with your hair, some of us lose hair as we age, there's nothing we men can do about it, so there's no sense in worrying about what we have no control over.

Balled men have no problems with the ladies, the ladies are into bald and grey hair men. I had more grey hairs on TRT, stopped for awhile and the grey hair disappeared, but soon I'm going to restart TRT and am not worried about more grey hair.

Last edited:

Systemlord

Clomid is something else entirely, lots of side effects. The vision sides effects scare me, I'm terrified of going blind and usually encounter lots of side effects on medicines.

koolx

I wouldn't be worried about hair loss, I'd be worried about the diseases associated with low testosterone because they have the potential to lower your quality of life and hair loss is just cosmetics.

I don't understand this obsession with your hair, some of us lose hair as we age, there's nothing we men can do about it, so there's no sense in worrying about what we have no control over.

Balled men have no problems with the ladies..

I strongly disagree. If I continue using trt and lose hair I'll then have 2 problems.

You may not understand the power and attractiveness of a man's mane of hair until you lose it. Since youre bald you may not understand. Or you may be married and she doesnt mind. For young guys hairloss is a horror show.

Bald men actually have a harder time attracting girls than non bald men. Trust me on that.

The so called AGA has been renamed MPB recently, due to evidences and study proving it's unrelated to serum androgens level.

MPB could have several causes, that's why there's no ONLY one therapy to treat the problem, but several. When something is wrong in your body, one of the first symptoms you start experiencing is hair thinning.

If you want to keep it on the hormones ground, what greatly matters is the T:E2 ratio. Both low E2 and an estrogen dominance in men cause hairloss.

Have a look at these guys, they explain why you need to approach the problem on several fields, because, unless you did extensive testing, you don't what's causing it.

My Story

What worked for me was making sure my minerals levels were in the range (zinc, copper etc) and using simple peptides on the scalp. This product in particular worked like a charm and it's quite inexpensive:

If you started losing hairs 4 years ago, TRT or not, your MPB will get worse if you don't try to solve the problem at the root.

My hair thinning is genetics no question about that. But trt may make it worse. You said that MPB is unrelated to trt/hormone level changes. But what about all those guys who complained about trt causing their hairloss?? How can you justify that?

I also looked into the story about that guy who reversed his hairloss through various methods. But his before pic looks like his after pic and vice versa. Looks skeptical.

Looking forward to your reply.

Clomid is something else entirely, lots of side effects. The vision sides effects scare me, I'm terrified of going blind and usually encounter lots of side effects on medicines.

But does it help with boosting testosterone?

wondering

This could mean you stopped absorbing the T-gel, androgen is gel based testosterone and is the least effective TRT option. It's common for androgen to fail because men absorb gels poorly and I see a lot of guys coming to these forums claiming it worked right out of the gate and stopped working weeks later.

They can increase the dosage and keep trying to bail water out of a sinking ship, but eventually the ship will sink. Androgel only works for about 35 percent of guys, most eventually end up on injections do to their bodies absorbing poorly as time goes on.

The androgel was enough to add to the natural testosterone your body was already producing and when your natural T was shutdown, the androgel wasn't enough to sustain you. The T-creams applied to the scrotum are far more effective because the skin on the testicles is 6 times thinner than anywhere else on the body, but are only available through private practices through compounding pharmacies.

Androgel is like watered down tea, the T-creams are 20%/200mg strength, androgel is like 1.62%. If you're thinking about applying androgel to your scrotum, you will be sorry you did!

I dont think he stopped absorbing. It more likely means he is beginning to suppress his own production and may need more. But hold steady and get retested and go from there. A compounded cream may work for you and be cheaper in the long un.

Appassionato

I strongly disagree. If I continue using trt and lose hair I'll then have 2 problems.

You may not understand the power and attractiveness of a man's mane of hair until you lose it. Since youre bald you may not understand. Or you may be married and she doesnt mind. For young guys hairloss is a horror show.

Bald men actually have a harder time attracting girls than non bald men. Trust me on that.

My hair thinning is genetics no question about that. But trt may make it worse. You said that MPB is unrelated to trt/hormone level changes. But what about all those guys who complained about trt causing their hairloss?? How can you justify that?

I also looked into the story about that guy who reversed his hairloss through various methods. But his before pic looks like his after pic and vice versa. Looks skeptical.

Looking forward to your reply.

I didn't say that. I've actually said it is related to hormones as well, and in particular to your T:E2 ratio. Walking around with an E2 >40 and or a total T of 1500 is something that hasn't been observed in healthy men ever, whatever the so called anti-age gurus and followers will tell you.
That's the reason why vast majority of body builders lose their hairs.

Prolactin is another indicator. High prolactin has been observed in vast majority of hair loss sufferers, so chronic stress and sleep deprivation have been associated with it. But that is a direct association not fully proved yet.

I also disagree with Systemlord. It's not only about vanity.
There is a tight link between bald men and cardiovascular diseases and inflammation, according to the studies we have available.
Once again, hair loss is one of the first signal your body is giving you that something is wrong.
And I'm not talking about normal aging.
That can't be reversed.

Systemlord

strongly disagree. If I continue using trt and lose hair I'll then have 2 problems.

No matter how good your hair looks, women are drawn towards other traits like personalities, sure hair helps you get past first base, but imagine a boring guy with a full head of hair, I don't think he's going to get that second date no matter how good his hair looks.

Women will look past the hair if the other traits stand out over the shortcomings.

If I'm not mistaken you can't attribute hair loss to the T-cream in only 10 days, this is a case of fear of losing hair that has taken ahold of you.

There is hair thinning and receding hair loss and DHT related hair loss, TRT can speed up the DHT related hair loss, but not hair that is thinning and receding do to aging.

My hair is receding on my forehead and it's been steady even after starting TRT, TRT hasn't sped it up, in fact my hair has filled out more on TRT and is thicker. Now if we are talking about DHT related hair loss that is another matter entirely.

My brother became bald before his 30th birthday, he's had no problems getting women's attention because his personality is easily likeable.

Sure it does, but usually doesn't resolve symptoms no matter how good your labs are. Men often complain of low libido, non-existent erections and fatigue.

No matter, TRT to the rescue.

Last edited:

koolx

I dont think he stopped absorbing. It more likely means he is beginning to suppress his own production and may need more. But hold steady and get retested and go from there. A compounded cream may work for you and be cheaper in the long un.

But I am using a compounded cream.. androgel.

koolx

Prolactin is another indicator. High prolactin has been observed in vast majority of hair loss sufferers, so chronic stress and sleep deprivation have been associated with it. But that is a direct association not fully proved yet.

Fortunately my prolactin level is stable and not a problem.

koolx

No matter how good your hair looks, women are drawn towards other traits like personalities, sure hair helps you get past first base, but imagine a boring guy with a full head of hair, I don't think he's going to get that second date no matter how good his hair looks.

Women will look past the hair if the other traits stand out over the shortcomings.

You'd be surprised. When I had a full head of hair, my hair did all the talking for me when I went out with girls. But in general you are correct!

If I'm not mistaken you can't attribute hair loss to the T-cream in only 10 days, this is a case of fear of losing hair that has taken a hold of you.

Yeah youre right. Just a little nervous since its the 1st time taking trt.

TRT can speed up the DHT related hair loss, but not hair that is thinning and receding due to aging.

My hair is receding on my forehead and it's been steady even after starting TRT, TRT hasn't sped it up, in fact my hair has filled out more on TRT and is thinker. Now if we are talking about DHT related hair loss that is another matter entirely.

Interesting. I read somewhere that trt can actually reverse hairloss in some men. Of course thats on a case by case basis.

You said trt can speed up dht hairloss. This is the only thing keeping me from re-starting trt again.

Since we're on the subject of hairloss, do you think dental xrays may cause hairloss? My dentist wants to zap me with 18 xrays for a full scan which is standard practice with no exceptions to any patient (unless youre on chemo). Let me know... need to know your thoughts!!!

Systemlord

You said trt can speed up dht hairloss. This is the only thing keeping me from re-starting trt again.

My hair grew so fast on TRT I would find lots of hairs all over my keyboard, for awhile I thought I was going to lose some hair, but my hair kept getting fuller, especially my beard.

For all we know your hair will get thicker and fuller on TRT, you could always go to a a website and run your DNA and find out if if have the particular gene for DHT related hair loss. You would want to confirm beforehand that the proper test is included in the testing.

Since we're on the subject of hairloss, do you think dental xrays may cause hairloss?

Honestly I don't know, but even if it were true, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was true. I have heard Dr. Rob Kominiarek (YouTube) talk about how dental x rays reduce pituitary function for up to 6 months!

I can tell you one thing, I wouldn't want to be a dentist!

Last edited:

Appassionato

Interesting. I read somewhere that trt can actually reverse hairloss in some men. Of course thats on a case by case basis.

Since we're on the subject of hairloss, do you think dental xrays may cause hairloss? My dentist wants to zap me with 18 xrays for a full scan which is standard practice with no exceptions to any patient (unless youre on chemo). Let me know... need to know your thoughts!!!

There's no such thing like DHT hairloss. Whoever tells you that is just misinformed.
If that was true, finasteride would have regrown hairs in everyone.

I made a post about it here:
The DHT hair loss myth

The giveaway is that DHT has an anti-inflammatory property. So whenever there's an inflammation in some tissues in the body, the body signal there's a necessity for DHT to reach that tissue, in order to relieve the inflammation. Same mechanism has been observed in enlarged prostates.

In the specific case of the scalp, DHT gets concentrated in the scalp tissue to relieve the inflammation, causing a process that leads to calcification of the scalp and the death of the hair follicle. But as you can see, DHT is not the cause, it's simply an effect of inflammation in the scalp. The cause itself is inflammation and, in order to stop hairloss and re-grow hairs, you would need to understand what's causing the inflammation, not castration yourself lowering DHT.

It's like saying that lactic acid is the cause of muscles soreness, and not an effect of heavy workouts. Absolute non-sense.

I also feel that you're really over thinking about hairloss and that will destroy your life in the long run.
If you want hairs to go around chasing girls and having sex with as many as possible, that's a more profound problem that will need a discussion by itself.
But I can guarantee you that if you marry someone based on mutual love, she will be standing next to you hairs or not, sick or super healthy.

I wish you will find someone like that, or you'll be better stay by yourself.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me