Does TRT cause weight gain?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Whatzup

I have been eating much better and lifting weights and doing some cardio for 8 months. I have made some muscle gains but not really burning much fat around the abdomen.
People have complemented me on losing weight though.
Scale won't budge either.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
When I first started trt, it did cause an increase in appetite for me. I did gain weight and then eventually, my over appetite went away. I then was able to get back to my normal weight.

Saxon

I have been eating much better and lifting weights and doing some cardio for 8 months. I have made some muscle gains but not really burning much fat around the abdomen.
People have complemented me on losing weight though.
Scale won't budge either.

You are losing fat and gaining muscle. The fat round the abdomen is genetic and if you really want to lose it you need to diet and have really low BF%. My abs don't pop until I'm at 12%BF.

Whatzup

You are losing fat and gaining muscle. The fat round the abdomen is genetic and if you really want to lose it you need to diet and have really low BF%. My abs don't pop until I'm at 12%BF.
Thanks. Now beer can hinder you from losing belly fat correct?

Whatzup

If I do ab exercises will that help burn stomach fat? Aside from diet of course.

SPEEDY

If I do ab exercises will that help burn stomach fat? Aside from diet of course.
NOPE! You can't perform an exercise that burns fat in a certain area, fat burning through exercise will generally burn fat throughout the whole body although for many the abdomen is the last place for it to go.

Whatzup

NOPE! You can't perform an exercise that burns fat in a certain area, fat burning through exercise will generally burn fat throughout the whole body although for many the abdomen is the last place for it to go.
So I can still be building muscle and losing fat even if I still have a gut?

Let’s bust a few myths here.
1. Spot reducing fat does not work example: i’ll do abs to burn fat around stomach area.
2. Meal frequency and timing is irrelevant
Example: it doesn’t matter if you eat 3 or 6 meals per day and it also doesn’t matter if you eat them in the morning or at night etc.
WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU HIT YOUR MACROS EVERY DAY.
Always remember fats are 9 calories per gram, carbs & protein are 4 calories per gram and alcohols are 7 calories per gram.
To lose fat a calorie deficit must be achieved and to gain mass a calorie surplus must be achieved. Notice I said mass meaning muscle mass which requires protein synthesis.
Strive for 1g of protein per LEAN pound of your body weight to achieve that and fill the rest with carbs and fats. Start with a moderate 200-300 calorie per day surplus then monitor scale and Mirror. Adjust every few weeks until desirable goal is achieved. Or vice versa for fat loss.
I have personally experienced with the above meal frequency/timing and let me tell you it makes no difference. It hurts my head when I hear people say don’t eat at nights or don’t eat carbs ??*♂️
Now, will eating 3 enormous meals make you feel more bloated then 6 Small ones? Sure!! But it’s not gonna change your body composition unless you’re in surplus or deficit. Most folks therefore prefer 5-6 smaller ones cause it keeps them from being bloated and always full. But some don’t have time to eat 5-6 times a day and choose 3 larger meals.

Whatzup

Let’s bust a few myths here.
1. Spot reducing fat does not work example: i’ll do abs to burn fat around stomach area.
2. Meal frequency and timing is irrelevant
Example: it doesn’t matter if you eat 3 or 6 meals per day and it also doesn’t matter if you eat them in the morning or at night etc.
WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU HIT YOUR MACROS EVERY DAY.
Always remember fats are 9 calories per gram, carbs & protein are 4 calories per gram and alcohols are 7 calories per gram.
To lose fat a calorie deficit must be achieved and to gain mass a calorie surplus must be achieved. Notice I said mass meaning muscle mass which requires protein synthesis.
Strive for 1g of protein per LEAN pound of your body weight to achieve that and fill the rest with carbs and fats. Start with a moderate 200-300 calorie per day surplus then monitor scale and Mirror. Adjust every few weeks until desirable goal is achieved. Or vice versa for fat loss.
I have personally experienced with the above meal frequency/timing and let me tell you it makes no difference. It hurts my head when I hear people say don’t eat at nights or don’t eat carbs 臘*♂️
Now, will eating 3 enormous meals make you feel more bloated then 6 Small ones? Sure!! But it’s not gonna change your body composition unless you’re in surplus or deficit. Most folks therefore prefer 5-6 smaller ones cause it keeps them from being bloated and always full. But some don’t have time to eat 5-6 times a day and choose 3 larger meals.
Thank you for the info. I weigh around 168 and consume around 130 grams of protein a day but sometimes less. Based on my height and age I am suppose to stay below 1900 calories a day to not gain weight but sometimes I consume around 1400 a day.
Is that too little in order to maintain muscle?

trt causes you to gain muscle, retain water and burn fat.. your weight can go up but your body composition should change (more muscle less fat)

Whatzup

trt causes you to gain muscle, retain water and burn fat.. your weight can go up but your body composition should change (more muscle less fat)
That's reassuring. My wife says I am wider from the shoulders and chest as I have been lifting since April. I think I see that but its the darn ab fat that I shake my head on lol.

if you are not working out I doubt you will see much change on 100mg weekly testosterone.. but if you are working out regurarly and keep your diet somewhat clean yeah you definitely should get better body comp just don't expect steroid like changes
muscle get harder and vascularity improve if you were low T and brought youserlf to 900s+. Usually doses under 150mg don't bring much of body comp changes I think Nelson posted study somewhere here where they measured no significant body composition changes under 150mg it should be somewhere in the stickies probably

Whatzup

if you are not working out I doubt you will see much change on 100mg weekly testosterone.. but if you are working out regurarly and keep your diet somewhat clean yeah you definitely should get better body comp just don't expect steroid like changes
I workout 4-5 times a week at home. My diet is good and not so good at times but I think now that I am working out and eating better then in the past something's gotta give.
I agree the 150 mg cream won't make me huge like steroids but I can build some muscle and burn fat. 601 total t is better then the 429 and 350 that I had before trt.

nurselyfe

I workout 4-5 times a week at home. My diet is good and not so good at times but I think now that I am working out and eating better then in the past something's gotta give.
I agree the 150 mg cream won't make me huge like steroids but I can build some muscle and burn fat. 601 total t is better then the 429 and 350 that I had before trt.

Its really patient specific. For example, at 120mg (60mg x2 per week), I was getting peaks of 1325 TT. This is supraphysiological. I did not look natural by any means when I was on this dose. Nor did I look natural at 80mg (40mg x2 per week). It really depends on your metabolism and SHBG, your work ethic in the gym, and diet.

Whatzup

muscle get harder and vascularity improve if you were low T and brought youserlf to 900s+. Usually doses under 150mg don't bring much of body comp changes I think Nelson posted study somewhere here where they measured no significant body composition changes under 150mg it should be somewhere in the stickies probably
My cream is 150 mg. Is having total t in the 600-800 still low to build some muscle?

it will be alright.. that normal levels of test pretty much.. but yeah 1000 would make it easier in the gym if thats what you are after. I heard somebody said on this board that he had more lean muscle and better body composition on topical t then on injectable maybe you will experience the same
make sure you don't take AI estrogen helps building musle

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching