Does Testosterone Replacement Affect the Thyroid?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gianluca

I feel TRT did increase my T3, but it would be difficult to prove.

I think it did that because I was taking 0.75 grains of NDT, (45mg), and my T3 went up from 2.8 > 4.2 ng/dl. That is a pretty large gain for a small dose.

I stopped taking NDT for a while, and will retest at some point in the near future.

Of course, even if my T3 is higher than 2.8 ng/dl, it could have been some other factor than the testosterone.

I switched from SubQ to IM injection of test, and I really think TRT effected my Thyroid, or maybe I should say it is normalizing everything again. After several months being on NP 60mg with my FT3 at 4.5 and still hypo symptomatic, going IM made me having hyperthyroidism symptoms, mixed with hypo. I had to cut in half my NP thyroid last week, and things seems to normalize again. It would have been curious to check on t3 levels then. I will keep the 30mg NP daily and check levels in 10 days and see how I feel

Vais5

I think the opposite is happening. Hypothyroidism helps reduce shbg and when corrected with T4 shbg falls and consequently testosterone drops.

Gianluca

I switched from SubQ to IM injection of test, and I really think TRT effected my Thyroid, or maybe I should say it is normalizing everything again. After several months being on NP 60mg with my FT3 at 4.5 and still hypo symptomatic, going IM made me having hyperthyroidism symptoms, mixed with hypo. I had to cut in half my NP thyroid last week, and things seems to normalize again. It would have been curious to check on t3 levels then. I will keep the 30mg NP daily and check levels in 10 days and see how I feel

to comment on this, that was I believe my cortisol going up, not Hyperthyroid symptoms

Vince

Super Moderator
Conclusion: In euthyroid hypogonadal cis-males, testosterone replacement did not alter TSH, decreased total T4 and free T4, but not total T3. The increased T3/T4 ratio suggests increased conversion and/or or differential binding to TBG.

T

tareload

Conclusion: In euthyroid hypogonadal cis-males, testosterone replacement did not alter TSH, decreased total T4 and free T4, but not total T3. The increased T3/T4 ratio suggests increased conversion and/or or differential binding to TBG.
Well done guys. Dudes need to understand these important points especially if they are on thyroid treatment!

@Nelson Vergel thank you.

glob

Yes, testosterone replacement therapy does most definitely cause hypothyroidism in the long term.
We have done over 8 years of intensive research on this topic and this is definitely the case.

Most guys receiving TRT won't notice that their thyroid is slowing down because it is a very slow process.

The main reason that this is happening is because your testosterone levels are constantly high. In normal guys not receiving TRT, your testosterone levels cycle daily in response to waking up, excercise, eating, etc, which allows your thyroid to respond correctly.

There are a few ways for you to naturaly treat your trt induced hypothyroidism. Ice cold showers twice a day. Swimming in a ice cold sea. Holding onto ice packs when you go to bed. Getting plenty of sun.(without sunscreen) Lots of excercise.

Treating your hypothyroidism with T3 or T4 medication does not work. We are busy researching why this is the case.

I'm part of a team of researchers at a big university. I'm not allowed to disclose any other information right now.

Hope this helps a few guys.
I know it's an old post but I was curious to know if you have any news on these studies

WhatSayYou89

I don't know how I missed this thread, but I have notice everytime I increase my test dosage I become hyperthyroid for 3-4 weeks (98.8-99 degrees) after starting a new protocol and my extremities are cold on and off during these first few weeks while maintaining those higher body temperatures. Once I reach a stable state injecting EOD, I'm not as affected by cold temperatures.

Dr Crisler has stated testosterone affects blood circulation in the extremities but that doesn't account for my elevated body temperatures.

TSH is on the bottom end of normal at .580, any thoughts as to the elevated body temperatures?
Is it your hands and feet getting cold?

This has been driving me crazy lately. About 24 hour post injection I’ve been noticing by hands and feet are extremely cold.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me