Does Iodine matter while on NDT?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gianluca

Haha totally misread that. Thanks for the clarification. Sounds like a good plan to me.

yes, as I said in earlier post, my Thyroid got really bad I lowered FT below 30, hopefully this will take care of Thyroid, otherwise I wouldn't know what else to look for. Lowering my Thyroid back to a grain will bring my FT3 at about 4.4

Gman86

yes, as I said in earlier post, my Thyroid got really bad I lowered FT below 30, hopefully this will take care of Thyroid, otherwise I wouldn't know what else to look for. Lowering my Thyroid back to a grain will bring my FT3 at about 4.4

4.4 would be great. So do you think one grain just adds onto whatever free T3 your body naturally produces? STTM seems to believe that 1 grain would shut down natural thyroid production, and leave you with less of a free T3 than before you started. Are you taking only NDT, or T3 as well?

Gianluca

4.4 would be great. So do you think one grain just adds onto whatever free T3 your body naturally produces? STTM seems to believe that 1 grain would shut down natural thyroid production, and leave you with less of a free T3 than before you started. Are you taking only NDT, or T3 as well?

I just take NDT, I have no idea if one grain adds to my endogenous production or replace it. Who is STTM? by the way, I measure my FT3 about two hours of taking NDT, most people test it that way, but some believe it is better not to take it before, so the best rule is to go by symptoms I believe

Gman86

I just take NDT, I have no idea if one grain adds to my endogenous production or replace it. Who is STTM? by the way, I measure my FT3 about two hours of taking NDT, most people test it that way, but some believe it is better not to take it before, so the best rule is to go by symptoms I believe

It’s a popular website. Stop the thyroid madness. Why would you test your thyroid levels at their peak? From my understanding, it’s good to test your levels either at trough, or at least in the middle of your peak and trough. I don’t really see the rationale behind testing at peak. It’s kind of like with testosterone. Nobody gets their labs done a couple hours after their injection. We test at trough, to make sure at our lowest, that our levels are not going too low. It’s the same thing with thyroid, from what I’ve heard.

Attachments

• A6991E61-1F7D-4FBF-BD6D-51AEE2131D18.jpeg
    A6991E61-1F7D-4FBF-BD6D-51AEE2131D18.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 90

Gianluca

It’s a popular website. Stop the thyroid madness. Why would you test your thyroid levels at their peak? From my understanding, it’s good to test your levels either at trough, or at least in the middle of your peak and trough. I don’t really see the rationale behind testing at peak. It’s kind of like with testosterone. Nobody gets their labs done a couple hours after their injection. We test at trough, to make sure at our lowest, that our levels are not going too low. It’s the same thing with thyroid, from what I’ve heard.

I have no idea, Dr Crisler and Defy had instructed me the same, to take NDT then going for labs, I mean, I don't consider the same as Testosterone injections here, yes we want to see our lowest level before injection, but you take NDT every day in the am at least, or sometime twice per day, so it makes sense to me to monitor levels when you take it, when we don't take it we are mostly at sleep, I don't think we want to have an elevated FT3 while at sleep, even because it would be hard to sleep I think.

We do the same when applying Testosterone cream right? apply it then go for labs. Same principle applies for NDT for me, since it is something you do everyday, brings level up then falls during the day

If that was the cause, it means I am not treated the proper way cause last lab showed FT3 at 6 after taking NDT and still symptomatic.

Maybe @Dr Justin Saya MD is generous enough with his time to dedicate 2 min to explain why the protocol is to take NDT then going for labs instead of before.

Gman86

I have no idea, Dr Crisler and Defy had instructed me the same, to take NDT then going for labs, I mean, I don't consider the same as Testosterone injections here, yes we want to see our lowest level before injection, but you take NDT every day in the am at least, or sometime twice per day, so it makes sense to me to monitor levels when you take it, when we don't take it we are mostly at sleep, I don't think we want to have an elevated FT3 while at sleep, even because it would be hard to sleep I think.

We do the same when applying Testosterone cream right? apply it then go for labs. Same principle applies for NDT for me, since it is something you do everyday, brings level up then falls during the day

If that was the cause, it means I am not treated the proper way cause last lab showed FT3 at 6 after taking NDT and still symptomatic.

Maybe @Dr Justin Saya MD is generous enough with his time to dedicate 2 min to explain why the protocol is to take NDT then going for labs instead of before.

Very good points. Definitely makes sense the way you explained it. I think a good inbetween is probably the best way to do it. Like if you took NDT twice a day, I would say to take the 2nd dose of the day, and then not take any until labs in the am. But makes sense the way you’re talking about doing it. Plus I trust dr saya. He’s my doctor as well. He’s one knowledgeable dude. If he thinks that way of lab timing is best, he must have his reasons.

But one thing I know for sure is that taking thyroid medication will not hinder sleep in most people when taken before bed. STTM has a fb page that I’m a part of, and there’s a post about someone asking if you can take it before bed, and last time I checked there was over 100 replies with everyone saying that it not only doesn’t hinder sleep, but their sleep actually improves when taking it before bed. It seems paradoxical, I know, but apparently T3 can improve sleep.

Gianluca

I take NDT twice daily and still take my 1 drop of 2% Lugols every morning.

How much Iodine total is that? My Thyroid improved a bit after increasing testosterone dose, I still have a little bit of cold hands and feet here and there, I was thinking to add Iodine, not so much to speed up Thyroid, but I'm wondering if Iodine is involved in the function of FT3 or in some other way

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me