does Iodine influence hormone receptor activity?

Buy Lab Tests Online

JA Battle

I have been using 1% Lugols for several months, probably a year. Even 1% makes a tremendous difference in the way I absorb the NDT
That’s great, what dose have you settled on of NDT? How do your numbers look? What about symptoms? We’re you really hypo or slightly hypo or labs were fine but tried anyways?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gianluca

That’s great, what dose have you settled on of NDT? How do your numbers look? What about symptoms? We’re you really hypo or slightly hypo or labs were fine but tried anyways?
my main issue here are the adrenals, but going from a FT3 of 3.0 to 3.7 or 4.0 makes the difference. My mood improves along with digestion, I look dryer and I retain less water, my TRT works better, I feel better overall. Also with Lugols, a 1/4 of a grain takes my FT3 to 3.7, half grain to about 4.0. My GF the same way, starting with a FT3 of 3.0, with Lugols on board her FT3 with only half grain gets to 4.0.

I haven't settle yet with the Thyroid, I made a trial couple of months ago to stop taking it, and work on adrenals, and now I just restarted two weeks ago with a 1/4. I'm waiting for my salivary cortisol now, but then likely to go for a half grain again.

I'm currently reading this book, I wish I had read it years ago! I really recommend it anyone who wants to make his or her thyroid working WELL. Stop the Thyroid Madness: A Patient Revolution Against Decades of Inferior Treatment: Janie A. Bowthorpe: 8601400799277: Amazon.com: Books

Gman86

my main issue here are the adrenals, but going from a FT3 of 3.0 to 3.7 or 4.0 makes the difference. My mood improves along with digestion, I look dryer and I retain less water, my TRT works better, I feel better overall. Also with Lugols, a 1/4 of a grain takes my FT3 to 3.7, half grain to about 4.0. My GF the same way, starting with a FT3 of 3.0, with Lugols on board her FT3 with only half grain gets to 4.0.

I haven't settle yet with the Thyroid, I made a trial couple of months ago to stop taking it, and work on adrenals, and now I just restarted two weeks ago with a 1/4. I'm waiting for my salivary cortisol now, but then likely to go for a half grain again.

I'm currently reading this book, I wish I had read it years ago! I really recommend it anyone who wants to make his or her thyroid working WELL. Stop the Thyroid Madness: A Patient Revolution Against Decades of Inferior Treatment: Janie A. Bowthorpe: 8601400799277: Amazon.com: Books
How many drops of lugol’s 1% do u take daily? How many mg’s of iodine are u taking everyday?

Gianluca

Thanks. There is a sea iodine supplement by Life Extension that has 1mg of iodine. Close to your 1.25mg.
I tried that in the past, and I tried Potassium Iodide as well, nothing worked like Lugols for me. Lugols contains both Iodide and Iodine, to my understanding some tissues in the body like Iodide, some other like Iodine

Gianluca

What time do you take it? And what time do you take your NDT? I’ve found I do very differently with all this based on when I take it in ways that are independent of food and absorption Issues.
I take the NDT first thing when I get up in the am, and Lugols right before breakfast with a drink I make with lemon water and Salt

Anonymon

I take the NDT first thing when I get up in the am, and Lugols right before breakfast with a drink I make with lemon water and Salt
Day one of a drop of Lugol’s in the morning. Actually feel pretty decent and helped with a lot of my odder symptoms, like lack of saliva, which for me is a tough one to hit. Sweat very normally while working out. Senses are generally more vivid and deeper and I had to turn the volume down on many things.

Only downside is that I spilt it absolutely everywhere when I opened the bottle and hadn’t realized iodine is a dye. I think I’m just going to buy new cabinet doors rather than cleaning them because I haven’t had much luck. Got all over my hands and arms like I’d just murdered somebody but went away within a couple hours thankfully. Wasn’t looking forward to explaining that to people all day.

Gianluca

Day one of a drop of Lugol’s in the morning. Actually feel pretty decent and helped with a lot of my odder symptoms, like lack of saliva, which for me is a tough one to hit. Sweat very normally while working out. Senses are generally more vivid and deeper and I had to turn the volume down on many things.

Only downside is that I spilt it absolutely everywhere when I opened the bottle and hadn’t realized iodine is a dye. I think I’m just going to buy new cabinet doors rather than cleaning them because I haven’t had much luck. Got all over my hands and arms like I’d just murdered somebody but went away within a couple hours thankfully. Wasn’t looking forward to explaining that to people all day.
I did noticed Lugols helped me to sweat more when I started it. I remember reading Dr Brownstein book on Iodine, and following his work I understood that not being able to sweat could actually be a sing of low Iodine.

Must not be fun to spill Iodine!

Anonymon

I did noticed Lugols helped me to sweat more when I started it. I remember reading Dr Brownstein book on Iodine, and following his work I understood that not being able to sweat could actually be a sing of low Iodine.

Must not be fun to spill Iodine!
Iodine in the past as a supplement didn’t really do that for me, but Lugols seems to include iodide, so I figured I’d give it a try and it does seem to hit me differently. Not sure if it’s because of that, but could be.

Does it still help you sweat more, or does that level off?

I admittedly wanted to throw both bottles out the window after spilling it all over everything. Only reason I didn’t is because I’d probably stain everything else in doing so.

Gianluca

Iodine in the past as a supplement didn’t really do that for me, but Lugols seems to include iodide, so I figured I’d give it a try and it does seem to hit me differently. Not sure if it’s because of that, but could be.

Does it still help you sweat more, or does that level off?

I admittedly wanted to throw both bottles out the window after spilling it all over everything. Only reason I didn’t is because I’d probably stain everything else in doing so.
I believe it does. One thing to take into account is that once starting the Lugols Iodine, there are going to be some detoxification symptoms that after a week or two usually end, those include increased perspiration.

One thing I noticed, is that once my thyroid is optimal I also sweat more normally or more efficiently I should say.

Gman86

Oh man, been there! Spilling iodine is literally the worst! And yes, definitely looks like a murder scene! Lol

U taking 2% or 5% lugol’s? U just put 1 drop in water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach?

Anonymon

I believe it does. One thing to take into account is that once starting the Lugols Iodine, there are going to be some detoxification symptoms that after a week or two usually end, those include increased perspiration.

One thing I noticed, is that once my thyroid is optimal I also sweat more normally or more efficiently I should say.
I guess detoxification might explain some things. I’m getting really bad and sudden cystic acne in many places, though for me, that’s actually what I was like before PFS, so I’m taking that as a positive.

Anonymon

Oh man, been there! Spilling iodine is literally the worst! And yes, definitely looks like a murder scene! Lol

U taking 2% or 5% lugol’s? U just put 1 drop in water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach?
It took all day of coating things in vinegar and hydrogen peroxide and all kinds of stuff but thankfully it’s making a dent. Likely will need to get new cabinet doors though since I think I probably ruined them more to remove the stain. It’s hot where I’m at so thankfully I was in my underwear at the time.

I’m at 2%, didn’t know 5% was a thing. In the morning I have an electrolyte drink thing and a drop of that in there. I read you’re not supposed to mix it with asorbic acid (most vitamin C supplements) and my drink has that in it, but it‘s still seemingly helping a lot. The reason for not mixing is supposed to be that it just turns it into sodium or something, but here I am and it’s working or doing something so I’ll continue on with that.

Sense of smell is way more vivid. Generally feel like I do when I first add more T4 but with more positives like vivid senses and sense of smell and all that. I don’t know if I’ve sweat that much in years. Have enough saliva to drool if I wanted too if I haven’t eaten in a bit. Usually I have dry mouth.

Vince

Super Moderator

Would it be possible to post your thyroid labs starting iodine and what they are now?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me