does Iodine influence hormone receptor activity?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MarcoFL

still using 12.5mg lugols daily, I seem not to need as much NDT thyroid anymore. this time I'm getting elevated heart rate with my FT3 at 4.1, cutting back again on NDT, unless elevated heart rate comes from something else.
it is probably coming from the iodine. I am very low but cannot seem to tolerate taking it.

Gianluca

it is probably coming from the iodine. I am very low but cannot seem to tolerate taking it.

i was exactly a month in, with the 12.5mg Iodine dose, plus half grain NDT, when I started to see my HR going up. it may take a couple of weeks for the detox symptoms from Iodine to go away. what did you experience from taking Iodine? also, a proper diet and supplement protocol to go along with Iodine is necessary

Gianluca

@Gianluca Any more updates?
as per last time I was here, I was complaining of an elevated HR, and I thought it would be either due my Thyroid or Iodine. I tried to stop both, but it would not resolve it. Based on some personal experimentation, I'm settling for a drop of 2% Lugols = 2.5mg of Iodine, which along with half grain NDT, has been keeping my FT3 constantly at 4.0. Again, prior Lugols, I would need a full grain NDT to have my FT3 at 4.0

Iodine is a pretty complex subject, If someone plans to take possibly more than 1.1mg, I would suggest to work with a physician with clinical experience on Iodine

Gman86

as per last time I was here, I was complaining of an elevated HR, and I thought it would be either due my Thyroid or Iodine. I tried to stop both, but it would not resolve it. Based on some personal experimentation, I'm settling for a drop of 2% Lugols = 2.5mg of Iodine, which along with half grain NDT, has been keeping my FT3 constantly at 4.0. Again, prior Lugols, I would need a full grain NDT to have my FT3 at 4.0

Iodine is a pretty complex subject, If someone plans to take possibly more than 1.1mg, I would suggest to work with a physician with clinical experience on Iodine

You’re currently taking 1 drop of 2% per day?

JA Battle

Prior to trt I experimented with 1-5 drops of 2% lugols. I had no thyroid lab work. I noticed I would start losing size/weight very quickly with iodine intake and would quit using the lugols because of this. I don’t recall any other significant effects.

Gman86

Prior to trt I experimented with 1-5 drops of 2% lugols. I had no thyroid lab work. I noticed I would start losing size/weight very quickly with iodine intake and would quit using the lugols because of this. I don’t recall any other significant effects.
Why was the weight loss a bad thing, did it seem like u were losing muscle on the iodine?

JA Battle

Why was the weight loss a bad thing, did it seem like u were losing muscle on the iodine?

Yes, I forgot to specify. Before hrt I was at most 12% body fat at any point in my life. So the weight loss was definitely some muscle. Maybe a little fat and water also. I have no way of being sure. But I did not like to go from 183 down to
176 or whatever it was. I am considering trying again. I will see if I can dilute the lugols further and do like 300mcg or something similar.

Wolverine

I had elevated HR too since last summer. Couldn't figure out why. Messed around with my NDT dose, dropped the lugols etc. Still elevated. I've been working out trying to put on muscle so increased my daily protein intake last summer to 1 gm per pound (185 pounds). This included whey shakes etc. When I lowered my daily protein intake to below 100gms and cut out protein shakes, my HR went back down to normal for me (mid to lower 60s) and my high HCT and HB has lowered.

JA Battle

I had elevated HR too since last summer. Couldn't figure out why. Messed around with my NDT dose, dropped the lugols etc. Still elevated. I've been working out trying to put on muscle so increased my daily protein intake last summer to 1 gm per pound (185 pounds). This included whey shakes etc. When I lowered my daily protein intake to below 100gms and cut out protein shakes, my HR went back down to normal for me (mid to lower 60s) and my high HCT and HB has lowered.

this is cool as I have noticed a benefit from lowering my protein intake and keeping fat and carbs on higher end. I have no bloodwork to confirm this aside from a lowered BUN

Gianluca

interesting, I could think a rich source of amino can help synthetize stress hormones or thyroid. How was your diet exactly? no fish oil for more than a week, and my HR is still fine. I just took a blood sample for omega3, see where is all at

Wolverine

interesting, I could think a rich source of amino can help synthetize stress hormones or thyroid. How was your diet exactly? no fish oil for more than a week, and my HR is still fine. I just took a blood sample for omega3, see where is all at
Healthy. Low/moderate carb, low fat. Don't drink much alcohol. Workout 4-5 times per week.

JA Battle

How do u take half of a drop? I personally take 1 drop of 2% lugol’s per day btw
What are you temps at currently?

I’ve also lost track of your current protocol.. could you get me up to speed?
Could you break down or rate your symptoms currently such as libido, eq, energy, brain fog, sleep.
I drop it in a glass with 8 ounces of water stir and drink 4 ounces of it per day.

JA Battle

What are you temps at currently?

I’ve also lost track of your current protocol.. could you get me up to speed?
Could you break down or rate your symptoms currently such as libido, eq, energy, brain fog, sleep.
I drop it in a glass with 8 ounces of water stir and drink 4 ounces of it per day.
Also, how did you 1/2 grain NDT experiment end? I saw your 1/4 grain bloods but never 1/2 grain

Gianluca

I have been using 1% Lugols for several months, probably a year. Even 1% makes a tremendous difference in the way I absorb the NDT

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me