does Iodine influence hormone receptor activity?

Buy Lab Tests Online

TucsonJJ

yes NDT is prescribed by a doctor, Don't waste your time with an Endo, life is too short, Dr Saya at Defy is a good Doc, or there are many Docs out there that knows what to do with hormones. Remember, the Doc you pay cash can help with your health, the doc you pay with health insurance can help big pharma
I think your experience with "regular" MDs may be similar to mine... I have found vast incompetence in all fields... but I finally did find a decent few... my Endo is one of them... I do more research on TRT online than he does, but he listens.
BTW: he found I have an enlarged thyroid gland, with nodules, very possibly due to my 5-6 drop/day 2% Lugol's habit over the last year+. I had to go in for a biopsy to make sure several of them were not cancerous... negative... but scary. Want your balls to shrivel? Waiting for a pos/neg cancer test result might do it! :)
Again, if your levels are LOW, Iodine supplementation is great... if not... I recommend caution. Why not get tested?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gianluca

I think your experience with "regular" MDs may be similar to mine... I have found vast incompetence in all fields... but I finally did find a decent few... my Endo is one of them... I do more research on TRT online than he does, but he listens.
BTW: he found I have an enlarged thyroid gland, with nodules, very possibly due to my 5-6 drop/day 2% Lugol's habit over the last year+. I had to go in for a biopsy to make sure several of them were not cancerous... negative... but scary. Want your balls to shrivel? Waiting for a pos/neg cancer test result might do it! :)
Again, if your levels are LOW, Iodine supplementation is great... if not... I recommend caution. Why not get tested?

that's pretty scary about your thyroid nodules, have you seen some data showing excess Iodine linked to it? I'm sticking to one drop 2% Lugols and my doc added an Iodine test for my next follow up

Gianluca

I would agree. If it ain't broke, don't fiddle with it. However, my thyroid panel gave me cause for concern. I am taking 5 drops in the morning in a glass of water.

I suspected, since iodine affects many metabolic pathways, that it might be the root of other things, notably hyperlipidemia (despite low sat fat intake), tinnitus, and others. I would agree with BG that the initial wellbeing may have been due to initial detoxification of other halides, may even have been placebo, but it definitely is still having a positive effect on my sleep patterns. I sleep easier and longer. I reduced to 5 drops, Gman86, as an attempt to maintain higher iodine intake. Again, just another n=1 experiment. Namaste.

I agree with gman86, what is your hyperlipidemia? Sat fats are generally good for humans, last year I started to get about 50% of my calories from fat, my Triglycerides lowered to about 50 from about 140 I believe, and HDL went from 33 to 49. HDL was lowered from TRT. Too much insulin is the issue of high Triglycerides and low HDL. Studies shows a total Cholesterol lower than 200 shorten life span

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes, if you get too much. Getting high levels of iodine can cause some of the same symptoms as iodine deficiency, including goiter (an enlarged thyroid gland). High iodine intakes can also cause thyroid gland inflammation and thyroid cancer.
1598371571617.png

Office of Dietary Supplements (ODS) › factsheets
Iodine - Consumer - Office of Dietary Supplements - NIH

Gianluca

Yes, if you get too much. Getting high levels of iodine can cause some of the same symptoms as iodine deficiency, including goiter (an enlarged thyroid gland). High iodine intakes can also cause thyroid gland inflammation and thyroid cancer.
View attachment 10507
Office of Dietary Supplements (ODS) › factsheets
Iodine - Consumer - Office of Dietary Supplements - NIH

I would be cautious to trust the govern on nutrition, the same advocates getting 45/60% of tot calories from Whole Grains, avoiding Saturated Fats and using Canola oil instead. I wouldn't be surprised they got it "wrong" on the Iodine as well...

TucsonJJ

that's pretty scary about your thyroid nodules, have you seen some data showing excess Iodine linked to it? I'm sticking to one drop 2% Lugols and my doc added an Iodine test for my next follow up
My Endo Doc suggested is as a possibility... and strongly suggested stopping iodine supplementation... great you are getting levels checked... that should really clarify things...

JohnTaylorHK

Here are my test results. I agree high(er) intake of sat fats should not cause hyperlipidemia/hypercholesterolaemia, and so was looking for something else to explain it. I read about how the liver processes cholesterol and uses iodine to do that, so got my thyroid levels checked. I tried the lugols to see if it would have any effect. Haven't been able to get any tests done again due to the pandemic.

Attachments

• 200702 - 6m tests.pdf
    535.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 200709 - Thyroid Panel.pdf
    209.5 KB · Views: 119

JohnTaylorHK

I agree with gman86, what is your hyperlipidemia? Sat fats are generally good for humans, last year I started to get about 50% of my calories from fat, my Triglycerides lowered to about 50 from about 140 I believe, and HDL went from 33 to 49. HDL was lowered from TRT. Too much insulin is the issue of high Triglycerides and low HDL. Studies shows a total Cholesterol lower than 200 shorten life span
I have done almost full keto since 2018, and was concerned that it was exacerbating my hypercholesterolamia. I posted my test results in reply to your previous post, and would welcome feedback from anyone on them. Namaste.

Vince

Super Moderator
Lugol’s is just potassium iodide. That’s just a single iodine compound, and not the natural ancestral form, which is why kelp is usually suggested

TucsonJJ

I have done almost full keto since 2018, and was concerned that it was exacerbating my hypercholesterolamia. I posted my test results in reply to your previous post, and would welcome feedback from anyone on them. Namaste.
I'm no Doc... but your HDL looks good... your LDL is a concern... I got mine under control by taking Red Palm Oil 100:1 Concentrate from Swansonvitamins.com I also took some red yeast rice (Weider Brand)
I am not a statin fan, but 5mg of Crestor would probably normalize your levels pretty fast.
If you are really concerned, you might ask for a Cardiac CT Calcium scoring scan... GL!

Gianluca

Here are my test results. I agree high(er) intake of sat fats should not cause hyperlipidemia/hypercholesterolaemia, and so was looking for something else to explain it. I read about how the liver processes cholesterol and uses iodine to do that, so got my thyroid levels checked. I tried the lugols to see if it would have any effect. Haven't been able to get any tests done again due to the pandemic.

have you considered to try a small dose NDT? your FT3 looks a bit on the low side, of course if you have symptoms only. I think you could check your oxidized LDL particles, your LDL is the only number may look abnormal, but if not oxidized I don't think there is an issue, unless there is a specific reason that causes LDL to skyrocket , then the cause is the concern, people on keto or high fat diet see these numbers I believe, but not concern there

TucsonJJ

have you considered to try a small dose NDT? your FT3 looks a bit on the low side, of course if you have symptoms only. I think you could check your oxidized LDL particles, your LDL is the only number may look abnormal, but if not oxidized I don't think there is an issue, unless there is a specific reason that causes LDL to skyrocket , then the cause is the concern, people on keto or high fat diet see these numbers I believe, but not concern there
Do you know if there is a specific blood test for oxidized LDL particles? I know there is one for small particle count, which, BTW is overblown as a risk factor... but I have not heard of one for oxidized LDL particles... if available, I sure would request one!
FYI:

Gianluca

Do you know if there is a specific blood test for oxidized LDL particles? I know there is one for small particle count, which, BTW is overblown as a risk factor... but I have not heard of one for oxidized LDL particles... if available, I sure would request one!
FYI:

try here Search all Blood Tests - Life Extension Lab Tests - Life Extension

JohnTaylorHK

I'm no Doc... but your HDL looks good... your LDL is a concern... I got mine under control by taking Red Palm Oil 100:1 Concentrate from Swansonvitamins.com I also took some red yeast rice (Weider Brand)
I am not a statin fan, but 5mg of Crestor would probably normalize your levels pretty fast.
If you are really concerned, you might ask for a Cardiac CT Calcium scoring scan... GL!
Every time I take medical advice statins are suggested. I have tried so far to avoid them. Here they prescribe 40mg daily. Where do you get 5mg from? I also have tinnitus symptoms and permanent dehydration (like a hangover in the mornings). Just looking for a single cause, maybe there's more than one.

TucsonJJ

Every time I take medical advice statins are suggested. I have tried so far to avoid them. Here they prescribe 40mg daily. Where do you get 5mg from? I also have tinnitus symptoms and permanent dehydration (like a hangover in the mornings). Just looking for a single cause, maybe there's more than one.
Just my opinion, but of your Doc is prescribing you 40mg Crestor daily... I would find another Doc. Crestor 40mg is the top dose... and, IMO, dangerous. IF your cholesterol numbers are SKY high... and your LDL is just a bit converning... maybe 20 to start... I have done a lot of reading on this, and 5mg is a great starting dose... 10mg better in your case... you can wait a month or 6 weeks and re-check... if necessary, you can increase dose slowly. I am no Doc... just a active reader.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me