does Iodine influence hormone receptor activity?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

Here’s a great vid where two brothers, I believe both vegan, tested their TSH and T4 levels 3 separate times prior to supplementing with 225mcg of potassium iodide, and then both retested their levels after starting to use the 225mcg of potassium iodide. They basically had identical results. The 225mcg of potassium iodid lowered their TSH levels, and increased their T4 levels

Gman86

@Gianluca also can iodide be converted into iodine? And can iodine be converted into iodide? Was just reading an article and the author said that one cannot convert into the other. U thought that iodide can at least be converted into iodine

Attachments

• 84A0E44C-8F98-4630-8EEE-ABA1533B2649.jpeg
    84A0E44C-8F98-4630-8EEE-ABA1533B2649.jpeg
    619.8 KB · Views: 20

Gianluca

Wow great and thorough answer! And thank u so much for citing examples of why ur thinking potassium iodide might be the preferred form, and why ur using the dosages that u are. U definitely make a strong case for keeping it simple and just using straight potassium iodide, and at pretty “low” dosages

What symptoms do u suspect u might have had using 2.5mg of lugol’s?

And is there anything u can link where Paul jaminett talks about lowering his iodine recommendations and switching to potassium iodide? Would love to check that out if possible. I trust that he knows what he’s talking about if u feel that way about him

And how have u been taking the potassium iodide? Just putting the drops in water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach away from food?

Oh and do u remember the dosage of potassium iodide they used to successfully treat fibrocystic breast disease?
I believe 3 to 6mg?

I’m taking it with food now

I thought the lugols 2.5mg would keep my brain a bit too active at night, I had other minor symptoms, but I believe were more adrenal related, I’m dealing with low cortisol/aldosterone

Gianluca

@Gianluca also can iodide be converted into iodine? And can iodine be converted into iodide? Was just reading an article and the author said that one cannot convert into the other. U thought that iodide can at least be converted
Iodide can be converted to Iodine in the body, but genetic mutuatiins, chemicals may blunt or peraphs stop its conversion

Gianluca

@Gianluca and it’s normal for potassium iodide to be clear and flavorless?
I believe so, try to add vitamin C to Lugols, it should become clear as well because our becomes some form of Iodide
Here’s a great vid where two brothers, I believe both vegan, tested their TSH and T4 levels 3 separate times prior to supplementing with 225mcg of potassium iodide, and then both retested their levels after starting to use the 225mcg of potassium iodide. They basically had identical results. The 225mcg of potassium iodid lowered their TSH levels, and increased their T4 levels

I really believe to improve thyroid function only, in most cases we can think of mcg dose of Iodine, more Iodine than this is likely beneficial for the rest of the body

Gman86

@Gianluca ang specific reason ur taking it with food now? I did a ton of research on idodine yesterday and one thing I came across is that it might be better to be taken with food, so I was also going to switch ti taking it after my first meal, opposed to first thing in the morning

But we don’t want to take vitamin C with it because u don’t want to take an antioxidant at the same time as iodine, correct?

Gman86

@Gianluca after doing more research and talking with u, I think I might start from scratch with iodine. I stopped taking the lugol’s at 7.5mg yesterday, and started just drinking 4oz of pure cranberry juice, which is supposed to be around 400mcg if iodine. I assume in the form of iodide? U think that’s a correct assumption since it’s a good source? Are all good sources iodide? And then whatever other iodine I’m getting in the rest of my diet

Gonna try this and see how I feel for a bit. And then if I want to increase my iodine intake, I’m either gonna buy the product ur using, or start taking 1 drop of 2% lugol’s per day. Want to try and start very low and go slow again with it and assess how I feel and everything. U have me thinking less might be better

Gman86

I believe 3 to 6mg?

I’m taking it with food now

I thought the lugols 2.5mg would keep my brain a bit too active at night, I had other minor symptoms, but I believe were more adrenal related, I’m dealing with low cortisol/aldosterone
Do u use test cypionate? There’s a guy on excel that claims his cortisol level is much lower when using cyp, than enanthate. When he uses enanthate his cortisol levels are much higher? And he’s verified this with multiple blood tests

My serum cortisol level always seemed to come back low on cyp as well, so I switched to enanthate to see if my cortisol levels would rise. I only had one serum cortisol test done on enanthate, but on that test my cortisol level came back near the top of the range. Always tested serum cortisol at the same time in the morning throughout the years. I’m back on cyp, and am gonna get cortisol tested again to see if it went back down, and I already have some enanthate coming in because I’m gonna switch back to it and then test cortisol again when back on the enanthate. Want to see if it was just a one time fluke or not. But the main reason I’m switching back to enanthate is because I think I might have felt better on it. But it’s hard to tell with there always being so many other factors going on with life that also play roles in how we feel

Gianluca

@Gianluca ang specific reason ur taking it with food now? I did a ton of research on idodine yesterday and one thing I came across is that it might be better to be taken with food, so I was also going to switch ti taking it after my first meal, opposed to first thing in the morning

But we don’t want to take vitamin C with it because u don’t want to take an antioxidant at the same time as iodine, correct?
Lugols should be taken on an empty stomach to take advantage of the Iodine in it. To my understanding if we take Lugols with food or any antioxidant, it becomes all Iodide, so you loosing the therapeutic effect of the Iodine in it

Gianluca

@Gianluca after doing more research and talking with u, I think I might start from scratch with iodine. I stopped taking the lugol’s at 7.5mg yesterday, and started just drinking 4oz of pure cranberry juice, which is supposed to be around 400mcg if iodine. I assume in the form of iodide? U think that’s a correct assumption since it’s a good source? Are all good sources iodide? And then whatever other iodine I’m getting in the rest of my diet

Gonna try this and see how I feel for a bit. And then if I want to increase my iodine intake, I’m either gonna buy the product ur using, or start taking 1 drop of 2% lugol’s per day. Want to try and start very low and go slow again with it and assess how I feel and everything. U have me thinking less might be better
Cranberry Juice? Isn’t too much sugar just to get a bit of Iodide?

I would gradually now lower from 7.5mg, maybe cutting in half for a week or two , if you really want to try to lower your dose. The Thyroid is pretty sensitive to Iodine fluctuations

Gianluca

Do u use test cypionate? There’s a guy on excel that claims his cortisol level is much lower when using cyp, than enanthate. When he uses enanthate his cortisol levels are much higher? And he’s verified this with multiple blood tests

My serum cortisol level always seemed to come back low on cyp as well, so I switched to enanthate to see if my cortisol levels would rise. I only had one serum cortisol test done on enanthate, but on that test my cortisol level came back near the top of the range. Always tested serum cortisol at the same time in the morning throughout the years. I’m back on cyp, and am gonna get cortisol tested again to see if it went back down, and I already have some enanthate coming in because I’m gonna switch back to it and then test cortisol again when back on the enanthate. Want to see if it was just a one time fluke or not. But the main reason I’m switching back to enanthate is because I think I might have felt better on it. But it’s hard to tell with there always being so many other factors going on with life that also play roles in how we feel
This is interesting. I wanted to try enanthate in the past, because I saw some guys who have low SHGB doing better with it. But I’m pretty sure even before TRT I had some degree of adrenal insufficiency. Unfortunately I had to catch up later with it. I also have low aldosterone, not only cortisol.

Gman86

This is interesting. I wanted to try enanthate in the past, because I saw some guys who have low SHGB doing better with it. But I’m pretty sure even before TRT I had some degree of adrenal insufficiency. Unfortunately I had to catch up later with it. I also have low aldosterone, not only cortisol.
So u never ended up trying enanthate?

Do u have any ideas currently on how u plan on increasing ur low aldosterone and low cortisol?

How does having low levels of those hormones effect u negatively from what u can tell?

How did u test both of those to find out u were low in them? Just tested ur serum levels with a blood draw, or did u do the 4 point cortisol test? Not sure how to even test for aldosterone tbh.

Gman86

Cranberry Juice? Isn’t too much sugar just to get a bit of Iodide?

I would gradually now lower from 7.5mg, maybe cutting in half for a week or two , if you really want to try to lower your dose. The Thyroid is pretty sensitive to Iodine fluctuations
Ya good point. It would be around 5g if sugar and about 9g of carbs in 4oz of the cranberry juice I have

And another good point about the thyroid being sensitive to iodine fluctuations, didn’t really think about that. I’ve been off of lugol’s completely for about 2 days now. It’s so much more convenient to get iodine from lugol’s than the juice tho. I want to start again with idoine but start pretty low. Maybe I’ll just lower my lugol’s dose to 1 drop EOD for now. Which would be 2.5mg EOD, which would be 1.25mg (1,250mcg) ED that I would be getting. Or maye I’ll even do quite a bit less, like 2.5mg E5D, which would be around 500mcg per day, which is roughly what I would be getting from the 4oz of cranberry juice. Idk, I hate how my brain works sometimes lol. But I definitely want to start low and build up slow again. Just have to figure out how low I want to go to start

Gman86

Lugols should be taken on an empty stomach to take advantage of the Iodine in it. To my understanding if we take Lugols with food or any antioxidant, it becomes all Iodide, so you loosing the therapeutic effect of the Iodine in it
Oh wow ur full of useful info! Didn’t know this. Where did u hear or read this, do u remember?

Vince

Super Moderator
Ya good point. It would be around 5g if sugar and about 9g of carbs in 4oz of the cranberry juice I have

And another good point about the thyroid being sensitive to iodine fluctuations, didn’t really think about that. I’ve been off of lugol’s completely for about 2 days now. It’s so much more convenient to get iodine from lugol’s than the juice tho. I want to start again with idoine but start pretty low. Maybe I’ll just lower my lugol’s dose to 1 drop EOD for now. Which would be 2.5mg EOD, which would be 1.25mg (1,250mcg) ED that I would be getting. Or maye I’ll even do quite a bit less, like 2.5mg E5D, which would be around 500mcg per day, which is roughly what I would be getting from the 4oz of cranberry juice. Idk, I hate how my brain works sometimes lol. But I definitely want to start low and build up slow again. Just have to figure out how low I want to go to start
Isn't the half life of iodine long like 6 days or so. And the thyroid can go up to 3 months with no iodine because of how it stores it?

Gman86

Isn't the half life of iodine long like 6 days or so. And the thyroid can go up to 3 months with no iodine because of how it stores it?
Not sure about how long the thyroid can go without iodine due to how it stores it, but ur right about the long half life. Think it’s around 6-8 days. I’ve heard some doctors recommend taking one 12.5mg Iodoral tablet either once a week or even one every two weeks

I think I’m gonna just take 1 drop of lugol’s 2% everyday for a while. Have taken that dose before without any ill effects, and seems like roughly the most common dosage recommended from quite a few sources. Also, it’s been said that people in Japan on average intake around 13mg of iodine per day, but I think that might be a myth, and they tend to consume closer to 1-3mg/ day. Have heard that figure quoted a few times now, and just watched a vid this morning where the guy said the same thing. Think he was referencing a study when he said it. Here’s that vid plus a couple that recommend roughly 1-3mg of iodine per day

Vince

Super Moderator
Not sure about how long the thyroid can go without iodine due to how it stores it, but ur right about the long half life. Think it’s around 6-8 days. I’ve heard some doctors recommend taking one 12.5mg Iodoral tablet either once a week or even one every two weeks

I think I’m gonna just take 1 drop of lugol’s 2% everyday for a while. Have taken that dose before without any ill effects, and seems like roughly the most common dosage recommended from quite a few sources. Also, it’s been said that people in Japan on average intake around 13mg of iodine per day, but I think that might be a myth, and they tend to consume closer to 1-3mg/ day. Have heard that figure quoted a few times now, and just watched a vid this morning where the guy said the same thing. Think he was referencing a study when he said it. Here’s that vid plus a couple that recommend roughly 1-3mg of iodine per day

Yes, the Japanese that live along the coast or in boats consumer high amount of iodine starting at birth.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me