does Iodine influence hormone receptor activity?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

they are loaded with selenium, but they are also loaded with Phytic acid and Oxalic acid, which bind to most of it, making selenium from B. nuts likely to be poorly bioavailable. Indeed B nuts are one of the nut that contains the most phytic acid. In my opinion they are not a good source of Selenium. I prefer to supplement with Selenocysteine a couple of times per week, this is the form found mostly in animal food
I’ve only been eating organic sprouted Brazil nuts for this reason. Found one company that is both organic and sprouted. But I am a firm believer that animal based everything is what our bodies prefer over plant sources of things, so maybe I’ll just started supplementing with the selenocysteine instead. This way I’ll know exactly how much extra selenium I’m getting as well. Nobody really knows how much selenium is in each Brazil nut. It’s a pretty wide range of what could be in them. Do u mind linking the selenium product that u use? And u just take one capsule or tab a few times per week of it? How many times per week would u say u take it on average?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gianluca

I’ve only been eating organic sprouted Brazil nuts for this reason. Found one company that is both organic and sprouted. But I am a firm believer that animal based everything is what our bodies prefer over plant sources of things, so maybe I’ll just started supplementing with the selenocysteine instead. This way I’ll know exactly how much extra selenium I’m getting as well. Nobody really knows how much selenium is in each Brazil nut. It’s a pretty wide range of what could be in them. Do u mind linking the selenium product that u use? And u just take one capsule or tab a few times per week of it? How many times per week would u say u take it on average?
I use this Se-Methyl L-Selenocysteine, 200 mcg, 90 vegetarian capsules - Life Extension

I don't think I take it more than twice per week, 1 capsule only. I also take a multivitamin that has 100mg of Selenium in there, but again I take this also once or twice per week max. there is some concern with too much selenium supplementation, some studies show toxic levels achieved with supplementation, but with the plant version which is called selenomethionine.
I also eat 3 eggs every day and at least 1lb of meat per day, plus weekly liver, and I don't eat any grains that may interfere with mineral absorption, so I should get enough from food.

The best thing would be to do some labs and pull a Selenium RBC to go with higher supplementation in my opinion, even too much supplementation can cause side effects. I just take a bit extra every week to go with the Iodine, because too much Iodine with not enough selenium can be a problem. Plus who knows if the animals I'm eating are ingesting enough Selenium to begin with, because we do know soils are depleted of minerals now days.

Vince

Super Moderator
Ya I eat two a day due to the high-ish amount of iodine I’ve been taking. I’m sure I get a good amount in the rest of my diet as well

Do u eat Brazil nuts everyday? If so how many?
Yes, I do eat a few Brazilian nuts daily along with my other healthy nuts. I like to eat. One of my favorite are pistachios, I like breaking them out of the shell and of course they taste delicious.

Gman86

Yes, I do eat a few Brazilian nuts daily along with my other healthy nuts. I like to eat. One of my favorite are pistachios, I like breaking them out of the shell and of course they taste delicious.
Thanks Vince. And ya pistachios are one of my favs as well, for the exact same reasons lol

Gman86

I use this Se-Methyl L-Selenocysteine, 200 mcg, 90 vegetarian capsules - Life Extension

I don't think I take it more than twice per week, 1 capsule only. I also take a multivitamin that has 100mg of Selenium in there, but again I take this also once or twice per week max. there is some concern with too much selenium supplementation, some studies show toxic levels achieved with supplementation, but with the plant version which is called selenomethionine.
I also eat 3 eggs every day and at least 1lb of meat per day, plus weekly liver, and I don't eat any grains that may interfere with mineral absorption, so I should get enough from food.

The best thing would be to do some labs and pull a Selenium RBC to go with higher supplementation in my opinion, even too much supplementation can cause side effects. I just take a bit extra every week to go with the Iodine, because too much Iodine with not enough selenium can be a problem. Plus who knows if the animals I'm eating are ingesting enough Selenium to begin with, because we do know soils are depleted of minerals now days.
Awesome thanks so much! Ur clearly on top of things. I also basically do the same with the eggs and meat. Swallow 5 raw pasture raised egg yolks per day, and then cook the whites. Also eat about 14-16oz of steak every single day. And also do raw beef liver and raw beef heart a few times a week each. And do 1oz of organic raw grassfed cheese everyday. So I’m also a bit concerned with selenium toxicity as well. Good idea about getting a selenium, RBC done. Probably gonna pick up the selenium supplement ur on tho and take it a few times per week as well just as insurance. And then try and get selenium, RBC checked soon. Thanks for all the info!

Anonymon

Going to have to take a break from my Lugol’s experiment unfortunately. It does a lot of great things for me but it’s been narrowing my air ways and making it harder to breath and it’s setting off my sleep apnea too much. When I went running I thought maybe I was just tired or something but I’ve come to realize it’s just harder to breath in general even now as I sit here on my butt. Read a narrowing of those areas can be a sign of iodine toxicity, so I’ll be coming off and reassessing with a lower dose to start or a different delivery method that wouldn’t get in my throat or something. Was doing 1 drop of 2% Lugol’s. Twice 2 for a couple of days, took a day off and went back to 1.

I’m not quite at the one week mark but it did do a lot of nice things. It’s helping hair growth for me a lot, particularly in my eyebrows and on my handles, which are areas I tend to do better with when I’m feeling better and worse with when I’m not. Sense of smell and taste are way up, probably too much, as I became adverse to eating some things I normally like because they smelt funny and I can smell everyone’s cheap cologne and perfume now and BO. Usually I can hardly smell anything. Ability to sweat normalized on day one, sweating when normal people would and not simply being hot and bothered and turning red. Hearing was better so I had to turn the volume down on things. Dreams were a little more vivid but my sleep was overall worse as time went on from worse sleep apnea. More saliva, which is nice. In the mornings after taking it, I become very adverse to metallic smells. No real metallic taste in my mouth by default though. Potentially some sinus headaches here and there that I normally never get.

Mostly positive, but it being hard to breath is very concerning, so I’ll have to reassess at a later date. Very promising though!

Gman86

Going to have to take a break from my Lugol’s experiment unfortunately. It does a lot of great things for me but it’s been narrowing my air ways and making it harder to breath and it’s setting off my sleep apnea too much. When I went running I thought maybe I was just tired or something but I’ve come to realize it’s just harder to breath in general even now as I sit here on my butt. Read a narrowing of those areas can be a sign of iodine toxicity, so I’ll be coming off and reassessing with a lower dose to start or a different delivery method that wouldn’t get in my throat or something. Was doing 1 drop of 2% Lugol’s. Twice 2 for a couple of days, took a day off and went back to 1.

I’m not quite at the one week mark but it did do a lot of nice things. It’s helping hair growth for me a lot, particularly in my eyebrows and on my handles, which are areas I tend to do better with when I’m feeling better and worse with when I’m not. Sense of smell and taste are way up, probably too much, as I became adverse to eating some things I normally like because they smelt funny and I can smell everyone’s cheap cologne and perfume now and BO. Usually I can hardly smell anything. Ability to sweat normalized on day one, sweating when normal people would and not simply being hot and bothered and turning red. Hearing was better so I had to turn the volume down on things. Dreams were a little more vivid but my sleep was overall worse as time went on from worse sleep apnea. More saliva, which is nice. In the mornings after taking it, I become very adverse to metallic smells. No real metallic taste in my mouth by default though. Potentially some sinus headaches here and there that I normally never get.

Mostly positive, but it being hard to breath is very concerning, so I’ll have to reassess at a later date. Very promising though!
Damn, sucks u have to stop taking it. Never heard about this airway passage narrowing issue. U obv diluted it in water quite a bit before drinking right?

Anonymon

Damn, sucks u have to stop taking it. Never heard about this airway passage narrowing issue. U obv diluted it in water quite a bit before drinking right?
Yeah. It’s mixed in with about 20oz of water I’d say. And an electrolyte drink mix. Don’t think it’s that it got on my throat at all so much as the amount of iodine for now since I also have sinus narrowing and some headaches from it.

Gianluca

people can get different detox symptoms, maybe that's just what it was. Like mentioned earlier in the thread, it take a week or two for detox to subside. Dose should be adjusted at minimum every two weeks if there are no side effects. Next you could try to dilute the solution to a 1% and increase every month, slowly.

Gman86

Checkout this vid that Dr Westin childs put out. He’s the top doc on the internet that I’ve ever found when it comes to the thyroid. But he talks about what @Gianluca is referencing. I’m the vid he says that it’s very common for his patients to feel worse before they feel better when using iodine.

Vince

Super Moderator
High iodine intakes are well tolerated by most healthy individuals, but in some people, excess iodine intakes may precipitate hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, goiter, and/or thyroid autoimmunity.
1663158568582.png

PubMed › ...

Excess iodine intake: sources, assessment, and effects on thyroid ...

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
people can get different detox symptoms, maybe that's just what it was. Like mentioned earlier in the thread, it take a week or two for detox to subside.
This can be a dangerous stance to take as default when interpreting negative effects of a drug or supplement. I've seen people get themselves in serious trouble by thinking every undesirable thing happening to them was detox. Sometimes you are just poisoning yourself.

Some version of this thinking is rampant in most chronic illness communities. For example, in the chronic Lyme world, their antibiotic drugs with a laundry list of documented adverse effects can do no harm when viewed through this lens -- everything is attributed to the Herxheimer effect. The error that is obvious from the outside looking in becomes less so once you are immersed in the community.

On the topic of iodine specifically, I would just add that any supra-RDA amount makes me feel like garbage, and 99.999% of the healthiest people you can find are not supplementing with high doses of iodine. Don't let the internet trick you into thinking it's a remotely normal thing to do or necessary in some way to thrive.

Last edited:

Gianluca

Checkout this vid that Dr Westin childs put out. He’s the top doc on the internet that I’ve ever found when it comes to the thyroid. But he talks about what @Gianluca is referencing. I’m the vid he says that it’s very common for his patients to feel worse before they feel better when using iodine.

I was finally able to watch it! good video, he does sound he studied Iodine well and enough. I think @FunkOdyssey should watch it

T

tareload

This tells you what you need to know:

Gianluca

This can be a dangerous stance to take as default when interpreting negative effects of a drug or supplement. I've seen people get themselves in serious trouble by thinking every undesirable thing happening to them was detox. Sometimes you are just poisoning yourself.

Some version of this thinking is rampant in most chronic illness communities. For example, in the chronic Lyme world, their antibiotic drugs with a laundry list of documented adverse effects can do no harm when viewed through this lens -- everything is attributed to the Herxheimer effect. The error that is obvious from the outside looking in becomes less so once you are immersed in the community.

On the topic of iodine specifically, I would just add that any supra-RDA amount makes me feel like garbage, and 99.999% of the healthiest people you can find are not supplementing with high doses of iodine. Don't let the internet trick you into thinking it's a remotely normal thing to do or necessary in some way to thrive.
Thank you for your comment, and I agree with you that it is possible people have bad reactions even with lower dosages of iodine, or that could have been an excess symptom. We see this with different compounds.

However, this is not the chronic Lyme world. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, Iodine can cause detox symptoms, especially with higher dosages, for at least a week or two, PERIOD. Detox of bromide can really be serious for some. If people don't understand this, it is clear that they have never studied or researched Iodine long enough.

Iodine is a pretty complicated subject, and that is why I mentioned already a few times to members, before even considering taking higher dosages, and to read some books that were helpful to me, then anyone can make their own conclusion on the subject and see what to do with it.

There is really a lot to debate on Iodine, like anything else. This is not my work to debate, but I wish to just invite and help people to look a bit deeper into it before making mistakes or trying higher dosages. Reading some books may help those that are interested in the subject, rather than to write something, or post something found on the internet, or a single study found on pubmed, those do not conclude anything.

"This version of thinking" can lead to a lot of confusion about the subject, especially from those whom have done limited research on it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me