does Iodine influence hormone receptor activity?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

Her thyroid was borderline and taking iodine if you don’t need it suppresses the thyroid more, iodine can help IF deficient
This isn’t true. Iodine doesn’t suppress the thyroid. It can raise TSH when taking higher dosages tho, but it’s only a temporary elevation. She most likely didn’t feel good on it because she started off with too high of a dosage, was taking too high of a dosage in general, and wasn’t taking in enough of the needed cofactors

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gianluca

This isn’t true. Iodine doesn’t suppress the thyroid. It can raise TSH when taking higher dosages tho, but it’s only a temporary elevation. She most likely didn’t feel good on it because she started off with too high of a dosage, was taking too high of a dosage in general, and wasn’t taking in enough of the needed cofactors
This is right. Also, people who have adrenal fatigue may have hard time with Iodine as well. However, if someone have some sort of an Autoimmune reaction, Iodine may give more power to white blood cells, therefore worsening the autoimmune situation.

@Keepfit1 I attached a good paper somewhere in the thread called " the great Iodine debate", I think that's the best reading on Iodine I have seen. Does your partner eat gluten?

Keepfit1

Respectfully, I think it is true, we Have labs for thyroid before,during and after iodine, we also have lab for iodine just after stopping iodine. The labs show supplementation with iodi

Gianluca

Respectfully, I think it is true, we Have labs for thyroid before,during and after iodine, we also have lab for iodine just after stopping iodine. The labs show supplementation with iodi
I understand, I believe you.

If I can ask, since you have done the labs, what was the TSH FT4 FT3 before and after the Iodine? Also, how long have you stayed on the Iodine before developing the issue?

Keepfit1

Due to faulty wifi this post sent half of the information. The rest of it is, the labs show that on iodine her Ft3,Ft4 fell, her TSH rose and most concerning her antibodies rose over range. When she stopt the iodine due to feeling a lot worse we did a iodine urine test showing 300 with range 100-200. when we retested thyroid labs a month after iodine stopt her Ft3 and Ft4 and TSH all improved and antibodies were back in range.
this clearly indicates too much iodine can suppress thyroid and in my opinion shouldn’t be supplemented unless a test shows deficiency. After all a treatment for hyperthyroidism is iodine, ie suppresses thyroid.
The above info is all over the thyroid forums such as Stopthethyroidmadness or Thyroid UK.

Keepfit1

I understand, I believe you.

If I can ask, since you have done the labs, what was the TSH FT4 FT3 before and after the Iodine? Also, how long have you stayed on the Iodine before developing the issue?
I am on holiday and don’t have the spreadsheet handy with all labs, may post later when I have access. She was on 2 drops a day for about 2 months and then 4 drops for 2 months, hard to say when she developed the issue , maybe half way through.
we have recently retested the iodine and expect results in next few weeks. She eats well so I think was never iodine deficient in the first place.

Gianluca

I am on holiday and don’t have the spreadsheet handy with all labs, may post later when I have access. She was on 2 drops a day for about 2 months and then 4 drops for 2 months, hard to say when she developed the issue , maybe half way through.
we have recently retested the iodine and expect results in next few weeks. She eats well so I think was never iodine deficient in the first place.
I have personally approached Iodine supplementation more conservatively. There may be some oxidated damage to the thyroid when initiating high dose Iodine, I think this is the reason why Iodine practitioners always start the Iodine along with Vitamin C and Selenium, was she started with these as well?

Keepfit1

I have personally approached Iodine supplementation more conservatively. There may be some oxidated damage to the thyroid when initiating high dose Iodine, I think this is the reason why Iodine practitioners always start the Iodine along with Vitamin C and Selenium, was she started with these as well?
She was on both those anyway, my view is don’t supplement unless deficiency proven by urine test, I think they are quite accurate

Trt909

I have done iodine bloodwork, normal range is 40-80ug/L and mine is 39.79ug/L, can this low iodine causes low libido?
Ok, interesting thing happened, I was low blood iodine and start supplementing with 300ug (it's just 200%rpn) iodine, from kelp and iodized salt, before iodine my tsh varies from 2mIU/L to 3.4mIU/L (it was high normal), and after 20days of idoine supplementation it jumps to 5.4mIU/L !!! This is above normal ranges. Why it can happen? My blood selenium on top of normal range, every other thyroid blood marker was ok, ANTI TG, ATPO all antibodies was in good range. Maybe anybody have some ideas, why it can happened?

Gianluca

Ok, interesting thing happened, I was low blood iodine and start supplementing with 300ug (it's just 200%rpn) iodine, from kelp and iodized salt, before iodine my tsh varies from 2mIU/L to 3.4mIU/L (it was high normal), and after 20days of idoine supplementation it jumps to 5.4mIU/L !!! This is above normal ranges. Why it can happen? My blood selenium on top of normal range, every other thyroid blood marker was ok, ANTI TG, ATPO all antibodies was in good range. Maybe anybody have some ideas, why it can happened?
Blood Iodine is not a good measure of body Iodine. TSH stimulate the Sodium Iodide symporter which is needed to transport Iodide into the cells. If you are Iodine deficient is quiet normal to see an elevation on the TSH for a while. This generally does not correlate with a decrease in FT4/FT3

BradockTRT

como você está com o iodo ainda usando? que miligramas você está usando? Comecei recentemente com lugol 2% com uma gota e acumulei até 5 gotas me senti muito bem nas primeiras semanas depois comecei a me sentir mais cansado, sonolento durante o dia acho que pode ter diminuído com meu cortisol que já estava um pouco baixa, parei ai 2 dias de uso do lugol

Biobro

Are ppls still playing with iodine?
Lugols or just normal potassium iodide?
What dosages?
Just curious, as iodine has woke my interest lately.

JohnTaylorHK

One drop of Lugols 2% per day seems to be good enough for me, and doesn't upset me. I can't honestly say I take it every day, but most days. I also take 5 gm potassium citrate and 5gm calcium phosphate in the same large glass of water. If I don't finish it all at nighttime, I drink the rest in the morning.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me