Does HCG Cause Cancer? High HCG Blood Levels Are Linked to Cancer

Buy Lab Tests Online

jth0524

I've read studies that show that HCG is a marker for cancer. These studies say the only time HCG is elevated in males is when they have cancer. They say that many cancerous tumors make HCG. There are many positive traits about HCG that I like and seem healthy. It does seem a little worrisome to think that while testosterone is a natural hormone present in healthy males, HCG is not. HCG is present in pregnant women in high amounts for a short period of time. It is not naturally occuring in males let alone for long term use as is the case with TRT/HCG therapy over the course of a lifetime. Can someone make me feel better about taking HCG?

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
HCG in males is only used to mimic the leutinizing hormone that is suppressed on T replacement. used in Therapeutic doses of 100 - as much 500iu, 2-3x per week, there is little to no risk or cause for concern.

CoastWatcher

I've seen information (so-called) about HCG as a marker for testicular cancer. The following should put your mind at ease.

http://www.testicularcancerawarenes...er-markers-and-detection-with-pregnancy-tests

A key point.

Reader beware! Any article or story you see discussing how testicular cancer was detected with a pregnancy test that only talks about HCG, but makes no mention of AFP, or the possibility of no markers at all, are not giving you a complete set of information. And any story that suggests or implies the reliability of a pregnancy test for diagnosing testicular cancer without mentioning other required tests, is dead flat wrong, and very dangerous misinformation. If you suspect testicular cancer, don't 'Net MD' yourself into thinking you're okay if you take a pregnancy test and it turns out negative, because a pregnancy test hardly represents a proper work up for a patient that could have testicular cancer.

Last edited:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
If you are not using HCG but have high HCG blood levels, this may due to a HCG producing cancer. But injecting HCG has not been shown to increase risk of cancer.

Clin Biochem. 2004 Jul;37(7):549-61.

Human chorionic gonadotropin in cancer.

Abstract

Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is mainly used for detection and monitoring of pregnancy and pregnancy-related disorders but it is also an extremely sensitive and specific marker for trophoblastic tumors of placental and germ cell origin. Thus treatment of relapsing choriocarcinomas and testicular germ cell tumors is often initiated on the basis of rising hCG levels even in the absence of clinical or histological evidence of a relapse. While these tumors mostly produce the intact heterodimeric hormone consisting of an alpha (hCGalpha), and a beta subunit (hCGbeta), many nontrophoblastic tumors produce only hCGbeta This is usually a sign of aggressive disease and elevated serum levels of hCGbeta are strongly associated with poor prognosis. Elevated serum levels are observed in 45-60% of patients with biliary and pancreatic cancer and in 10-30% of most other cancers. Methods that detect hCG and hCGbeta together are mainly used for measurement of hCG-like immunoreactivity in serum. However, the reference range for hCG is 5-8 fold higher than that for hCGbeta and thus moderately elevated levels can be identified only with a specific and sensitive hCGbeta assay.

Four reasons for a positive hCG test in the absence of pregnancy - See more at: http://www.pregnancylab.net/2011/10...bsence-of-pregnancy.html#sthash.MeiuZsBO.dpuf

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Question from a doctor:
Patient with history of testicular cancer , beta hcg is marker for follow up. Will external hcg affect those levels? Do you know?​

Answer:

Yes, hCG will show up on a serum beta hCG lab assay. However, the measured levels with most TRT-related low dosages will usually only measure in the 1-5mIU range. I would suggest a patient HOLD any hCG injections for 1 week before a serum hCG test - this would assure that any elevation in beta hCG is NOT attributed to the HCG injections and would warrant further investigation regarding testicular cancer.

cigpk

Wow I had no idea this was a thing. Probably not something to worry about but I have a lot of health-related anxiety and seeing this didn’t help lol

SilverSurfer

Cataceous after reading that article I think I´ll come off HCG

Really? One random dude whose story is filled with leaps to conclusions? Don’t ever read the side effects of antibiotics like Avalox or Levaquin.

To the broader question, EVERYTHING in life comes with risks. Living with low T comes with risks. Using testosterone comes with other risks. Going to the gym and consuming above average water intake comes with yet other risks. Not going to the gym and sitting on your sofa comes with unique risks. The #1 cause of death of elite athletes......getting run over by a car while they are training. I don’t think anyone uses HCG in a vacuum. We take it for various reasons.

K.pietera

If you are not using HCG but have high HCG blood levels, this may due to a HCG producing cancer. But injecting HCG has not been shown to increase risk of cancer.

Clin Biochem. 2004 Jul;37(7):549-61.

Human chorionic gonadotropin in cancer.

Abstract

Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is mainly used for detection and monitoring of pregnancy and pregnancy-related disorders but it is also an extremely sensitive and specific marker for trophoblastic tumors of placental and germ cell origin. Thus treatment of relapsing choriocarcinomas and testicular germ cell tumors is often initiated on the basis of rising hCG levels even in the absence of clinical or histological evidence of a relapse. While these tumors mostly produce the intact heterodimeric hormone consisting of an alpha (hCGalpha), and a beta subunit (hCGbeta), many nontrophoblastic tumors produce only hCGbeta This is usually a sign of aggressive disease and elevated serum levels of hCGbeta are strongly associated with poor prognosis. Elevated serum levels are observed in 45-60% of patients with biliary and pancreatic cancer and in 10-30% of most other cancers. Methods that detect hCG and hCGbeta together are mainly used for measurement of hCG-like immunoreactivity in serum. However, the reference range for hCG is 5-8 fold higher than that for hCGbeta and thus moderately elevated levels can be identified only with a specific and sensitive hCGbeta assay.

Four reasons for a positive hCG test in the absence of pregnancy - See more at: Four reasons for a positive hCG test in the absence of pregnancy - The Pregnancy Lab

Hi my friends

I am using ovitrelle 6500iu pen for 5 weeks right now for fertillity. The doc here in Belgium prescribed me the whole pen 2 x a week 3500iu. I'm also on 100mg test trough transcrotal appl.

The issue I have found recently is that since 4 dans ago I discovered a small lump onto my richt testicle... I have a echo Booked in next thursday.

Can it be because of the high dose of HCG ?... I am a bit scared right now.

The lump is smal and edgy and not painfull online onpleasant when I push against it. The size of it is really 1 or 2 mm or so

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me