Does FT have a greater impact on libido than TT??

Buy Lab Tests Online

andrewBwinter

If you recall I posted a thread about nettle root binding to SHBG to block it's effect on free T.
(some day I'll learn to copy and paste a thread)
EDIT: I think I figured it out:

So having experimented with nettle root for about 3.5 weeks now, libido is skyrocketing compared to raising my total T pre nettle root. I'm talking distracting levels here ....

Not sure it's a placebo / honeymoon phase because I have read posts about 4-6 weeks for stabilization when we make changes to our protocols.

So, has anyone seen any papers or docs about the impact of free T on libido?

I'm thinking about putting nettle root in everything at this point: smoothies, my Captain Crunch, toothpaste, you name it... :)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ResearchIt

I took nettle root for a few months but didn't see any increase in my Free T levels. We all can react differently though. I have read and also heard from several doctors that nettle root has worked for other people.

I did increase my Free T substantially using enclomiphene. I took a small dose, 12.5mg twice a week. This increased my Free T starting from around 10 ng/dL all the way up to 20 ng/dL (ref range 5 to 21). After one month of taking it, I did experience a honeymoon period with improved libido and erections, however that only lasted a few weeks even though my Free T levels remained elevated afterward. So I'm not sure for me yet whether higher Free T really is the ticket for libido.

Nujace

Yes it requires a prescription and isn't easily available anymore.
I just started taking Enclomiphene yesterday in hopes of finding the missing link in my TRT protocol. I’m also on low dose of Test C. My whole life I thought clomid and Enclomiphene were both totally useless while on exogenous T until just recently.

I’m hoping the Enclomiphene turns something on that has been off since I started cycling large doses of Testosterone several years ago.

Were you on exogenous testosterone when you were using Enclomiphene? And did you try it in higher doses first? Maybe at least 12.5mg a day?

ResearchIt

I just started taking Enclomiphene yesterday in hopes of finding the missing link in my TRT protocol. I’m also on low dose of Test C. My whole life I thought clomid and Enclomiphene were both totally useless while on exogenous T until just recently.

I’m hoping the Enclomiphene turns something on that has been off since I started cycling large doses of Testosterone several years ago.

Were you on exogenous testosterone when you were using Enclomiphene? And did you try it in higher doses first? Maybe at least 12.5mg a day?
I wasn't on exogenous testosterone, I have never done TRT since my natural numbers aren't really that bad. I started with 12.5mg twice a week, that got my Free T up to 20. After 10 weeks I tried 12.5mg three times a week and that got my Free T up to 28 ng/dL, way above the reference range of 5-21 ng/dL. That's the highest dose I took.

Nujace

I wasn't on exogenous testosterone, I have never done TRT since my natural numbers aren't really that bad. I started with 12.5mg twice a week, that got my Free T up to 20. After 10 weeks I tried 12.5mg three times a week and that got my Free T up to 28 ng/dL, way above the reference range of 5-21 ng/dL. That's the highest dose I took.
Any other positives or negatives from the Enclomiphene? Sorry if I missed it but what was your duration of use? Thanks

ResearchIt

Any other positives or negatives from the Enclomiphene? Sorry if I missed it but what was your duration of use? Thanks
I have not experienced any negative effect from enclomiphene that I know of. Not really any other substantial positive effect other than increasing my Free T. I have used it for 4 months now. I am going to create a separate thread to report all the details of how it went, including before and after labs.

Nujace

What happens to you and others when the supply of enclomiphene runs out at compounding pharmacies? What then?
I can only speak for myself but my experimentation with Enclomiphene is not intended to be a permanent thing. I’m not sure how it’s going to work yet but at most I had only planned on cycling the Enclomiphene after my loading phase and restart attempt. My natural testosterone was coming back without the Enclomiphene and just on low dose Test and HCG. So I’m hoping to kickstart it and ease off and see what happens with just low dose TC.

I believe the Chinese super labs will fill the void of Enclomiphene. They are already making it now. Last testing I saw wasn’t great though.

Nujace

Yep, good old USA.
Good to hear. I just noticed your protocol in your signature. Is that your normal routine? I bet that took a while to formulate all that. Looks fascinating though. Would love a link to a thread you may have discussed that protocol before.

JmarkH

It's just a matter of researching lab indicators, determining what direction I'd like to see these move, and adding supplements to tweak those. If they aren't working or move things in the wrong direction, eliminate them. This site is a wealth of information and helps fine-tune your personal protocol.

Hyrulewarrior1978

I don’t think taking Enclomiphene is such a good idea. It’s a drug and like every drug it’s toxic to some degree. It’s also doing something else besides raising free t because it lowers igf-1 and blocks estrogen in the brain. I would be concerned about possible pituitary enlargement over the long-term but maybe that’s unfounded.

Forty2

I had more aches and pains in my muscles and joints during the 3 months I took enclomiphene. It only increased libido very slightly. No other positive effects. When I tried clomid, it increased libido a lot for the first 3 weeks and also increased muscle strength a lot. I didn't experience this with enclomiphene. I'm lifting heavier weights now that I've been off enclomiphene nearly 1 month.

bfoley

If you recall I posted a thread about nettle root binding to SHBG to block it's effect on free T.
(some day I'll learn to copy and paste a thread)
EDIT: I think I figured it out:

So having experimented with nettle root for about 3.5 weeks now, libido is skyrocketing compared to raising my total T pre nettle root. I'm talking distracting levels here ....

Not sure it's a placebo / honeymoon phase because I have read posts about 4-6 weeks for stabilization when we make changes to our protocols.

So, has anyone seen any papers or docs about the impact of free T on libido?

I'm thinking about putting nettle root in everything at this point: smoothies, my Captain Crunch, toothpaste, you name it... :)

Just curious, what brand/dosage are you using ?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me