Does anything lower testosterone when on TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DragonBits

Natural testosterone can be affected by many things, alcohol, lack of sleep, supplements, time of day you test, etc.

BUT when you are on TRT, does anything work to lower your total testosterone? What I see addressed is what lowers natural production of testosterone, but does any of those things affect your levels if you are on TRT.

If this has been address, can someone link to the thread?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I would say yes. If you do things to increase your estrogen. You still will be converting the testosterone you inject into estrogen.

DragonBits

I would say yes. If you do things to increase your estrogen. You still will be converting the testosterone you inject into estrogen.

That seems right, but I am not sure how one can increase estrogen outside of increasing exogenous testosterone.

An AI decreases estrogen but I don't think it also increases total testosterone, Or am I wrong about that?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Under TRT, estrogen conversion, or lack thereof, has a very minor effect on testosterone levels. This is because one ng/dL of testosterone creates about 10 pg/mL of estradiol. So while 50 pg/mL is a lot of estradiol, it represents only about 5 ng/dL of testosterone, which is insignificant.

Regarding the original question, you'd be looking at things that change the absorption rate of testosterone. One might speculate that the enhanced blood/fluid flow caused by exercise could enhance absorption of injected testosterone. If true this would result in a little higher free and total testosterone.

An important point is that the excretion rate is governed by the absorption rate, at least over any reasonable time period, say on the order of hours. One study I came across suggests that exercise decreases the metabolic clearance rate of testosterone. Assuming this is true and unrelated to SHBG, then such variation would result in an increase in free and total testosterone, with each going higher, at least temporarily, to again make excretion match absorption.

captain

Some of the same things that change natural T could also change levels on TRT. Abusing yourself with no sleep and alcohol would effect other hormones that would have effect on SHBG. Things like Estrogen, GH, insulin and Thyroid. I would assume exercise would increase SHBG when your using your glucose and reducing insulin causing higher total T. If your under stress your cortisol maybe elevated increasing insulin resistance reducing SHBG lowering your total T.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Under TRT, estrogen conversion, or lack thereof, has a very minor effect on testosterone levels. This is because one ng/dL of testosterone creates about 10 pg/mL of estradiol. So while 50 pg/mL is a lot of estradiol, it represents only about 5 ng/dL of testosterone, which is insignificant.

I agree 100% (Only 0.3-0.4 percent of T converts to E2).

Testosterone is metabolized by the liver. Certain drugs that induce P450 cytochrome can accelerate the disposal of testosterone. Beware cytochrome P450 inducers: Prescribing tips to prevent drug-drug interactions

Testosterone Drug Interactions

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching