Does anyone use a sleep tracker?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
I wonder how good I actually sleep. I'm thinking of buying a tracker to measure my sleep. Any recommendations?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MarcoFL

I have the Oura ring and found it very good to monitor sleep and impact from supplements-food and drink. Take a look online to see if it might be for you. I have heard others talk about Whoop fitness tracker too.

Vince

Super Moderator
I have the Oura ring and found it very good to monitor sleep and impact from supplements-food and drink. Take a look online to see if it might be for you. I have heard others talk about Whoop fitness tracker too.
Yep, that's why I want to get one. To see what impact certain supplements have on my sleep to know if they're actually helping or not.

DixieWrecked

I have the newest Fitbit charge 5. I use it mainly for sleep. It has an oximeter and I find that it's analysis of my sleep coincides with how I felt I slept. Whenever I drink alcohol like I did this independence day, you can see the sleep tracker clearly knows. This miraculous little device only costs a little over 100.

BigTex

I wonder how good I actually sleep. I'm thinking of buying a tracker to measure my sleep. Any recommendations?
I got the FitBit Charge 5 and it registers sleep. Gives you a score. Also monitors your breathing rate, heart variability, skin temperature, SPO2 and resting heart rate, also your estimate oxygen variation while you sleep. I saw a comparison of this watch and actual sleep studies and it was very close.

DFL

The Fitbits have pretty solid sleep tracking, and also pick up on naps. I used them for years. I now use a Garmin Venu 2, which I think is the best overall non-professional fitness watch. Its sleep tracking is also good, but it does not recognize naps.

I also have an Apple Watch series 5. Since it has to be charged every day (very annoying!) I didn't use it for sleep tracking since I had it sitting on a charger every night. My Venu 2 battery last at least 6 days.

BigTex

Yea, my FitBit Charge 5 picks up naps but they are not as detailed as anything over 5 hours. I think I get 5-6 days out of a charge on my FitBit and it charges to full in about 30 minutes. I get a lot out of the fitness part of it too. I like to do more or a metabolic type training so I used the HR tracking to time my rest periods.

chrisczan

I have the newest Fitbit charge 5. I use it mainly for sleep. It has an oximeter and I find that it's analysis of my sleep coincides with how I felt I slept. Whenever I drink alcohol like I did this independence day, you can see the sleep tracker clearly knows. This miraculous little device only costs a little over 100.
I got that one too. Doesn’t record my sleep for shit, maybe a few hours here and there every few days.

The Oura ring, by most accounts, is the best sleep tracker. Matthew Walker, who is arguably the world's leading sleep expert, is an adviser to the company. I've used one since the company was launched.

Interestingly, I also wear the Amazon Halo, which also tracks sleep, and the two trackers rarely agree. But like a body fat scale, you can at least see trends even if the measurements are inexact.

I find that sleeping in a cold room, and using a mattress cooling device (like the ChiliSleep device, which I use and set at 65 degrees), is a big help with sleep, especially deep sleep (which is my weak point).

BigTex

I got that one too. Doesn’t record my sleep for shit, maybe a few hours here and there every few days.
I have to make sure mine is 2" from the wrist and on fairly tight of it will not read even the HR completely. Sucks because I seem to get rashes under the band after a while. I have never even worn a watch because of this.

I found this guys videos to be very useful

BigTex

I teach a college level wellness class in our kinesiology department and while we have no text book for the course, we do require all students to purchase a fitness tracker watch that will sync with our fitness data system that keeps track of all of their individual data and assigns a activity grade at the end of the semester. Our class has individual standards that must be met for a grade. We also do pre- and post fitness assessments that are also entered on the fitness system. I was not really supportive of this technology at first because I am kind of old school. But after using it I changed my mind. If nothing else I think the fitness watch forces us to become more aware of our daily fitness activities as well as our sleep habits, resting HR and exercise HR. Many of them also sync with diet programs like cronometer.com and my fitness pal which both enable you to pay more attention to what you eat. F8itBit and GoogleFit both also make pretty good free apps you can download on your android or apple phone which will work as a stand alone for monitoring your fitness levels. They also sync with the watch. After two year of using this technology, I am very impressed with it.

T

tareload

Vince, check out this more science oriented video of the best fitness trackers.

Thanks for this video! I got an Inspire 2 as a gift a while back and never thought I would use one back in the day when I could push my heart wherever I wanted. Pushing to 110% of theoretical HR, no problem.

Now the watch is useful as I try to monitor my heart rate and flag potential afib / arythmmia. Kind of helps with decoupling the heart symptoms from any anxiety and panic.

How's your heart and overall health going @BigTex? I hope you are feeling better since the arythmmia episodes.

Dicky

I have used various Garmin wrist fitness watches since 2014. The sleep tracker is pretty accurate for me, in that the quality of sleep readings I get on the watch track how I feel pretty accurately. I am currently using the Garmin Venu SQ

BigTex

Thanks for this video! I got an Inspire 2 as a gift a while back and never thought I would use one back in the day when I could push my heart wherever I wanted. Pushing to 110% of theoretical HR, no problem.

Now the watch is useful as I try to monitor my heart rate and flag potential afib / arythmmia. Kind of helps with decoupling the heart symptoms from any anxiety and panic.

How's your heart and overall health going @BigTex? I hope you are feeling better since the arythmmia episodes.

I guess I am doing better. Fired both of my cardiologists over this and went to a vascular surgeon. He did an extensive ultra sound of both legs, the right was very swollen. He found a sizable DVT in my swollen leg. He was absolutely shocked that a cardiologist would not quickly recognize what the problem was. I am still taking Metoprolol but am now also on Eloquis 2 times a day. Absolutely no irregular heart rate detected and after my 1st week visit, ultra sound showed the huge clot was opening up and dissolving. The swelling is mostly gone now. I have another appointment in August. Other than that.....I am feeling good and back in the gym training again. Resting heart rate average is about 58 every day.

Had I not been wearing this watch, I might not have notice the tachycardia. Now I monitor it daily. Thanks for you concern Readalot!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me