Does anyone know why Merck put the brakes on Pregnyl?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Westin

Pregnyl is exactly the same as HCG from Merck. I can’t find it anywhere, and I’ve checked all the big pharmacy’s. They can’t even order it. Since the compounding pharmacies In AZ had to stop selling HCG my doc gave me a script for Pregnyl. Now I can’t find it. HCG has really helped in addition to TC. If anyone has more info please post.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Pregnyl is exactly the same as HCG from Merck. I can’t find it anywhere, and I’ve checked all the big pharmacy’s. They can’t even order it. Since the compounding pharmacies In AZ had to stop selling HCG my doc gave me a script for Pregnyl. Now I can’t find it. HCG has really helped in addition to TC. If anyone has more info please post.

Chorionic Gonadotropin (Human) for Injection
Last Updated: November 25, 2019

Products Affected - Description
    • Pregnyl injection, Merck, 10,000 unit, multiple-dose vial, 1 count, NDC 00052-0315-10
Reason for the Shortage
    • Merck states their product is on allocation to prevent use in the gray market.
Available Products
    • Novarel injection, Ferring, 10,000 unit, multiple-dose vial, 1 count, NDC 55566-1501-01
    • Chorionic Gonadotropin (Human) injection, Fresenius Kabi, 10,000 unit, multiple-dose vial, 10 count, NDC 63323-0025-10
Estimated Resupply Dates
    • Merck has Pregnyl injection on allocation. Place orders through your wholesaler.
    • Fresenius Kabi and Ferring have product readily available.

Merck Product Status Report Last update September 03, 2020
Screenshot (1921).png

Screenshot (1920).png

Attachments

• 2020SEPT6-Backorder_Report.pdf
    108.2 KB · Views: 87

madman

Super Moderator
Look into Novarel.

Available Products
    • Novarel injection, Ferring, 10,000 unit, multiple-dose vial, 1 count, NDC 55566-1501-01
    • Chorionic Gonadotropin (Human) injection, Fresenius Kabi, 10,000 unit, multiple-dose vial, 10 count, NDC 63323-0025-10

fifty

Ridiculous.

I would think that if you have a prescription for it you have just as much a right to it as anyone else. I used to get Pregnyl from Walmart Specialty Pharmacy but that was a year ago.

Westin

No pharmacy can order it. Not available. It was never an issue when compounding pharmacies could make it. Big money, big pharma welcome to the party.

fifty

Such fatalist info. Call Walmart Pharmacy, call Empower. Don’t accept defeat. Treat it like a game of Contra with 30 lives.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
No pharmacy can order it. Not available. It was never an issue when compounding pharmacies could make it. Big money, big pharma welcome to the party.

Why get worked up about it as you can easily replace Pregnyl with Novarel which is readily available.

*Pregnyl, Novarel, and Profasi are “urinary derived human products – uHCG” and Ovidrel is produced using genetic recombinant technology (rHCG). There are no major differences in the clinical effects of these two products. The uHCG is usually less expensive.

Westin

I’m not getting worked up. I have a doc that is uneasy with all this and I hate to keep coming back to him with things he is unfamiliar with . He is open, but it is extra stress. Getting a new doc is even more stress and I happen to be a very busy guy. Just trying to get some danm HCG. The big pharma lobbyist Achieved their goal. Take HCG out of the compounding guys and make it commercial. Then create a shortage so they can jack the price up.

madman

Super Moderator
I’m not getting worked up. I have a doc that is uneasy with all this and I hate to keep coming back to him with things he is unfamiliar with . He is open, but it is extra stress. Getting a new doc is even more stress and I happen to be a very busy guy. Just trying to get some danm HCG. The big pharma lobbyist Achieved their goal. Take HCG out of the compounding guys and make it commercial. Then create a shortage so they can jack the price up.

I understand your frustration but you are most likely going to waste your time trying to obtain Pregnyl so call a few pharmacies and ask if they have Novarel than call your doctor and tell him that Pregnyl is unavailable and the pharmacy only has Novarel available.

He will most likely fax a new prescription to the pharmacy or tell you to get the pharmacy to contact him to verify the change.

htx

Look into Novarel.

Available Products

Thanks for that, @madman, I've been trying to keep my eyes peeled for possible sources for when my current vial I have shipping to me runs out. I'd prefer to go through local pharmacies/pick up in person, so when I'm half way through I'll see what the current state is.. however, looks like Novarel is 3x the price as Pregnyl with GoodRx, ouch!

Worse comes to worse, I guess I'll be ordering from somewhere online.

@Westin Like you said, sometimes it feels like you're trying to persuade your doctor of doing something shady, or they're uneasy about straying from their usual practices; but maybe you might want to look into some online sources to try ordering from. As long as you've got an Rx for Pregnyl, you might not run into as many problems ordering a generic/alternative?

madman

Super Moderator
Pregnyl is easier to come across in Canada.

I found a place that will ship to the US as long as you have a valid prescription that needs to be faxed or mailed once you register with them.

They are located in the province of Ontario in a city not to far from where I live (1/2 drive).
Screenshot (1942).png

Screenshot (1940).png

Screenshot (1941).png

[IMG alt="RX"]http://www.advpharmacy.com/pub/media/wysiwyg/smartwave/ADV/public/rx1.png[/IMG] Brand PREGNYL I.M. INJ 10000IU/10ML/VL (CHORIONIC GONADOTR/WATER)
Other Name: CHORIONIC GONADOTR/WATER Pack Size: 1 Unit: EA Form: LIQUID Strength: 10000IU/10ML/VL

$USD 111.18

jacb

Hi Vince Yes I have ordered from them. 6 x 10,000iu of Ovidac which arrived today. It was sent on the 31st Aug from California and arrived here in North Island, New Zealand, 9th Sep. I have yet to pick the package up from my GP .... sent directly to him to avoid Customs problems.

Westin

I finally gave up and went with Empower because the doc allowed for substitutions and they have HCG. What a pain in the ass. I have no idea on their pricing and had to fedex the paper script.

htx

I finally gave up and went with Empower because the doc allowed for substitutions and they have HCG. What a pain in the ass. I have no idea on their pricing and had to fedex the paper script.
You may want to go ahead and order from another place like ReliableRX or as @madman posted, ADVCARE. That way they'll have your Rx on file already, and you can be set up to order from them without such a hassle, if it's crunch time and you're almost out of your supply.

jacb

Hi htx can you tell us a little more about the ADVCARE / ReliableRX connection. I take it you mean these guys Adv Care Pharmacy and ReliableRx Pharmacy ... the prices are very different.

I had a terrible time trying to transfer funds to ReliableRX via the banking system. eChecks wanted a USA based account which I don’t have being NZ based. Finally I made a payment via MasterCard/Visa (they only accept one of these two) and then due to Covid-19 the package was lost on-route. ReliableRx did give a refund but the entire process took well over two months and I still didn’t have my products.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
Hi htx can you tell us a little more about the ADVCARE / ReliableRX connection. I take it you mean these guys www.advocare.com?

I had a terrible time trying to transfer funds to ReliableRX via the banking system. eChecks wanted a USA based account which I don’t have being NZ based. Finally I made a payment via MasterCard/Visa (they only accept one of these two) and then due to Covid-19 the package was lost on-route. ReliableRx did give a refund but the entire process took well over two months and I still didn’t have my products.

Call the toll free number or use live chat.

ADV-Care Pharmacy is based in Ontario, CANADA.

Screenshot (1955).png

Screenshot (1954).png

jacb

Thanks Madman ..... I think they are two different companies .... my misunderstanding.

The ADV-Care website looks good and they seem to have Pregnyl ..... but their prices seem high if hCG is the aim, rather than the Pregnyl brand.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me