Does anybody here suffer from pssd after taking antidepressants?

Buy Lab Tests Online

workinprogress

Hi,
I was wondering if anybody here currently suffers from pssd?
I seem to have all the symptoms for 3 years now after stopping sari meds.
I've been on trt for 3 years now and it worked ok up in till feb2020 after taking a supplement called inositol. Basically pssd was kind of mild in till then and try seemed to be able to override a lot of the problems.
Since crashing on inositol I developed numb/cold genitals, numb skin all over body, almost complete loss of sex drive and attraction to opposite sex, lack of response to visual stimuli, brain for, emotional blunting and completely lost sexual arousal.
I then had a second crash on top of this recently while using scrotal cream to raise dht. This resulted in worsening of symptoms and my skin has completely dried up. I now have uncontrollable eczema all over and no moisture in my eyes.
I'm in a really bad way and desperate for help but no doctors will believe my condition let alone give me any help.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thank you.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MIP1950

Have you consulted with a rheumatologist? They're usually experts in immune dysregulation. Did a psychiatrist prescribe the SSRI or was it a general practitioner? Many years ago, my wife was going to a GP who prescribed Paxil. She was only on it for ten days but left her with bizarre, frightening dreams for weeks.

Who prescribes your testosterone? That doctor 'should' be concerned work with you. It's not their fault but SSRI medications can mess someone up. I was on Prozac decades ago, which sent me into severe mood cycling, for which I ended up on a psych unit for 7 months.

sammmy

As suggested, you have to see a rheumatologist to check your immune system because of the eczema. It would be useful to stop all "treatments" for a month before that, to rule out any of those causing symptoms.

PSSD is not a proven real condition: just because B happens after A, does not mean A caused B since there are million factors in play at any moment. Especially notable is the fact that you say you had a mild PSSD and then inositol intensified it and then again scrotal cream intesified it even more. It seems that you have a systemic condition that is getting worse and you are ascribing the worsening symptoms to treatments at that time.

workinprogress

As suggested, you have to see a rheumatologist to check your immune system because of the eczema. It would be useful to stop all "treatments" for a month before that, to rule out any of those causing symptoms.

PSSD is not a proven real condition: just because B happens after A, does not mean A caused B since there are million factors in play at any moment. Especially notable is the fact that you say you had a mild PSSD and then inositol intensified it and then again scrotal cream intesified it even more. It seems that you have a systemic condition that is getting worse and you are ascribing the worsening symptoms to treatments at that time.
Thankyou for your reply. Pssd was recognised by the European Medicines Agency in June 2019. Since then there has been recognition in the British Medical Journal also.

workinprogress

Have you consulted with a rheumatologist? They're usually experts in immune dysregulation. Did a psychiatrist prescribe the SSRI or was it a general practitioner? Many years ago, my wife was going to a GP who prescribed Paxil. She was only on it for ten days but left her with bizarre, frightening dreams for weeks.

Who prescribes your testosterone? That doctor 'should' be concerned work with you. It's not their fault but SSRI medications can mess someone up. I was on Prozac decades ago, which sent me into severe mood cycling, for which I ended up on a psych unit for 7 months.
Thankyou for the reply. No i havnt yet but i think that would be my next port of call. They were originally prescribed through a gp. Im with the mens health clinic in england so I have pretty much the best level of care with trt.

SohomercurY

If your doctor doesn't listen to you, you should definitely change your doctor so that you don't have to go through this torture again. That's probably the best advice.

locutus

hey man, I do not have experience with SSRI's, but other nasty psych meds.
first of all, I hear you, post withdrawal symptoms from those pills can linger forever.
second, I highly doubt that inositol caused any of this. You will have a very hard time getting any help from the western medical system. they will run some 'tests' and send you to a shrink.
here is the list of things I would personally start to begin with, and yes this will go against most advice anywhere
a) look into various oxygen therapies (hyperbaric chamber, chlorine dioxide, ozone therapy...) to cleanse your system
b) look into supplementing methylene blue to restore brain functionality
c) read this book to work on any underlying psychological issues (those often cause physical symptoms). since you have been on psych meds, I'm sure you have plenty of work to do here.
d) keep optimizing hormones/supplemements/diets, but your solution will NOT be found here, think of this more like support
e) run some basic medical tests, but otherwise I would not keep focusing energy on the medical system, it will delay your healing
good luck

SohomercurY

If your doctor doesn't listen to you, you should definitely change your doctor so that you don't have to go through this torture again. That's probably the best advice.
It happened to me six months ago, too. The first year of taking the pills was fine, but later, side effects started to show up, and even after I told my doctor about it, he didn't prescribe a change of medication. Dry skin became an increasingly intrusive problem, and I ended up with eczema. I don't know how long I'm going to treat this, but I'm still furious at the previous doctor.

MIP1950

Some doctors are clueless as to the side effects of the meds they prescribe. 17 years ago, a psychiatrist prescribed lithium and it was slowly titrated. When I hit 450 mg, I began to experience light and sound sensitivity, then, a couple of days later, uncontrollable movements; akethesia. In my research, I actually found a similar case and my doctor was surprised to hear of that side effect. Here she is prescribing lithium right and left but didn't know about this.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me