doctors on e2 (don’t worry about it)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zooulie12

So after reading the TOT bible and also listening to some of Jay Campbell’s podcast. There is this belief that doctors shouldn’t be prescribed anastrolze anymore and that estrogen is something that doesn’t have to be looked at all. My doctor has me on an AI. But the way some of these doctors are making it sound, you can have your estrogen be at 100 and you should still feel alright, still have a totally functioning sex drive and if your levels are that high and you’re having issues that it isn’t related to the E2. Is this the way of the future? Men keeping there estrogen at extremely high levels? Jay basically refers to it as bro science for guys who use AIs to keep there e2 at bay.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Zooulie12

And the reason I am asking is because it makes me wonder if my doctor is doing something wrong by having me on an AI. I only do .25 once a week.

Blackhawk

And the reason I am asking is because it makes me wonder if my doctor is doing something wrong by having me on an AI. I only do .25 once a week.

You are an individual case. You have not provided enough info for anyone to help you other than making broad theoretical statements. The terse replies so far are because these generalized questions have already been beaten to death on this forum and as stated there is no blanket consensus.

Unfortunately these heated arguments have also overshadowed sensible discussion of individual cases, which used to be the norm here.

If you really want personalized answers specifically addressing your E2 and doctor prescribing anastrozole to you:

Are you new/just starting TRT or have you been on TRT for years?

Did your doctor assess your E2 using the LC/MS/MS blood test?

Were you put on anastrozole because you actually have symptoms of high E2 or for no apparent reason?

If you have symptoms, what are they? It can be easy to confuse low vs high E2 symptoms.

What is your TRT protocol?

What are your labs in full detail?

Edit, BTW if you do want personalized feedback, it may be better to start a new thread with a less provocative more personal title, It is pretty likely this one like other similar threads will crash and burn.

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

Excelmale has been raising the question of anastrozole being prescribed too readily for over three years. As I say (over and over again), anastrozole is a good drug and one that some men find they must incorporate in their protocol. Are you one of them? Without more information we don’t know.

Just this afternoon Nelson prepared and posted this.

Why is estradiol important for men?

user_joe

My experience was that I had quite a bit of success with small doses of anastrozole. You’ll have high e2 symptoms, and anastrozole will crush that. You are great. The downside was that I could never keep on a steady regiment of it. I’d have ups and downs with mood and libido.

Weaning off of it has been the best change I’ve made. My mood and libido are at 100% on most days.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
There are two opposing uncertainties: What are the long-term risks of having estradiol at levels virtually never seen in normal men? And, what are the long-term risks of being on an AI to maintain estradiol at normal levels?

n2turbo2

I stopped my AI, a few months back. Started to get very moody and my blood pressure went up.Checked my estradiol it was 160.My Doctor told me back on your Ai. I am on .250 twice a week, brings my E2 about 60. And i feel fine again, i am over weight. Getting my weight down.So i can get off the AI.

Zooulie12

My experience was that I had quite a bit of success with small doses of anastrozole. You’ll have high e2 symptoms, and anastrozole will crush that. You are great. The downside was that I could never keep on a steady regiment of it. I’d have ups and downs with mood and libido.

Weaning off of it has been the best change I’ve made. My mood and libido are at 100% on most days.
Did you do that by lowering your dose increasing frequency?

Zooulie12

You are an individual case. You have not provided enough info for anyone to help you other than making broad theoretical statements. The terse replies so far are because these generalized questions have already been beaten to death on this forum and as stated there is no blanket consensus.

Unfortunately these heated arguments have also overshadowed sensible discussion of individual cases, which used to be the norm here.

If you really want personalized answers specifically addressing your E2 and doctor prescribing anastrozole to you:

Are you new/just starting TRT or have you been on TRT for years?

Did your doctor assess your E2 using the LC/MS/MS blood test?

Were you put on anastrozole because you actually have symptoms of high E2 or for no apparent reason?

If you have symptoms, what are they? It can be easy to confuse low vs high E2 symptoms.

What is your TRT protocol?

What are your labs in full detail?

Edit, BTW if you do want personalized feedback, it may be better to start a new thread with a less provocative more personal title, It is pretty likely this one like other similar threads will crash and burn.
So your saying make the titles of post more personal?

Zooulie12

A thread title like

"Looking for thoughts about my TRT protocol"

Seeks input without publicizing an ongoing heated controversy.
Well you’ve mistaken my intent then. I didn’t know that this was a heated controversy in the excel community. I’ve looked up estrogen in the search engine. Maybe I have must have missed it. But I really have better things to do then create an online argument with a group of people. It was a standard question with no ill intent.

user_joe

Did you do that by lowering your dose increasing frequency?
I would have if high e2 symptoms never went away. I’m on a high dose off 300 total weekly with 1000mg hcg split up daily and don’t need an ai. If bloodwork indicates I should or symptoms come on I will be lowering the dose.

Zooulie12

I would have if high e2 symptoms never went away. I’m on a high dose off 300 total weekly with 1000mg hcg split up daily and don’t need an ai. If bloodwork indicates I should or symptoms come on I will be lowering the dose.
So you had high e2 symptoms and they just went away with taking an AI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale