Do statins affect erections in men?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
test, I remember that study it was very controversial. I use health diagnostic laboratories and they do recommend me using instant release niacin. My main concern is my "small" ldl particles and I do everything possible to keep them under control:)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Phoenix

Just found this article on statins. I saw a news report this week advocating the use by more people to use them. Very disappointing indeed, but not surprising that big media would be in bed with big pharma. I personally had a very bad reaction to generic Zocor which could have cause permanent muscle damage.

The Grave Dangers of Statin Drugs—and the Surprising Benefits of Cholesterol – Alliance for Natural Health USA – Protecting Natural Health

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Statins interfere with the production of coenzyme Q10, which supports the body's immune and nervous systems, boosts heart and other muscle health, maintains normal blood pressure, and much more.
Statins weaken the immune system, make it difficult to fight off bacterial infections, and increase the production of cytokines, which trigger and sustain inflammation.
They make some patients unable to concentrate or remember words, and are linked to muscle and neurological problems, including Lou Gehrig's Disease.
Statins inhibit the beneficial effects of omega-3 fatty acids by promoting the metabolism of omega-6 fatty acids, which increases insulin resistance and the risk of developing diabetes.

There is evidence that statin use blocks the benefits of exercise. Exercise increases the activity and numbers of mitochondria, cells' “power plants” that process sugars and fat. The study found that with statin use, mitochondrial activity actually decreases with exercise.
Statins work by reducing the body's ability to produce cholesterol, which is essential to brain health—the brain is 2% of the body's weight, but contains 25% of the entire body's cholesterol.
Statin users have a higher incidence of nerve degeneration and pain, memory loss, confusion, depression, and a higher risk of ALS and Parkinson's, according to Dr. David Williams in his July 2014 Alternatives newsletter. Statins also decrease carotenoid levels. Carotenoids, which are found in fresh fruits and vegetables and act as antioxidants, have a number of benefits, including protecting against cell damage, aging, and chronic diseases.
Statin drugs may also be driving Americans to overeat: a twelve-year study published in JAMA Internal Medicine found that statin users increased their calorie intake by 9%, and fat consumption by 14.4%, over the study period, whereas those who didn't take statins didn't significantly change in either measure.
An animal study linked statin use to muscle damage. Animals that exercised on statins had 226% more muscle damage than those not given statins.
They affect the quality of sleep.
Statins increase the risk of prostate and breast cancer.
Statins are known to cause liver damage by increasing the liver's production of digestive enzymes.
Statins also speed aging and lower sex drive.
Statins have been linked to aggressive and violent behavior in women.

croaker24

I'd treat that link with a bit of skepticism. This is obviously a supplement industry shill group, everything about conventional medicine is bad, bad, bad; and they promote supplements. Not going to trust these people. That is not to say I trust statins or conventional medicine all that much, but too many people play strawman arguments with this debate, conventional is bad and doctors are in the pay of the big pharms, so by definition supplements must be good.

BS.

Fact of the matter, everything I read is that statins have a better safety track record than I expected, but I still would do everything I can to stay off them - or any medicine / supplement.

There is nothing out there - pharms or supplements that are 100% safe. And the majority of supplements have minimal medical or scientific research or clinicals to prove their efficacy or their safety.

captain

I have a neighbor that was put on a statin and I watched him go down hill for over a month. He looked like he aged 10 years. His wife came talked to me saying how sick he was and how he couldn't get enough to drink. I told her it sounds like diabetes and I will be over with a meter to check. I checked his glucose and the meter said error. The meter manual says it can't read anything over 600. He goes to doctor and tells them no more statins and they put him on metformin and has been in normal range from then on. There was no diabetes problem before that statin.

AdamYoung

Nelson,

I been on statins for more than 15 year and so far no problems. I have genetically high cholesterol and if not medicated it shuts up to above 300. There is very little I can do to lower it really because my liver naturally produces all that cholesterol and dieting is just a help of 10-15%. I can drink just water for a 3 week and still I would have high cholesterol. I believe there must be a reason for this.
More and more I am becoming convinced that the statins drugs are just making things worse. According to studies done: 50% of people that drop stone dead due to strokes and heart attacks had normal cholesterol values. So what conclusion can we draw from these facts?
Anyway If I understand your writing could be that progesterone might be a supplement to consider or? I wouldn´t like it but!!
“LH responsiveness of Leydig cells was only maintained when progesterone was used to bypass the site of action.” ?
Hi,
Did you notice any changes after reducing your cholesterol and triglycerides levels like improve in erections?

Vince

Super Moderator
I've seen guys have real problems with Niacin. Many doctors have stopped recommending it to their patients because of this study that came out last year.

Niacin Too Dangerous for Routine Cholesterol Therapy
When that study came out in 2014, I stop using niacin. There was never any more studies done, say that niacin and was bad. Since there wasn't much support to the study. I did start using niacin a short time later again.

AdamYoung

When that study came out in 2014, I stop using niacin. There was never any more studies done, say that niacin and was bad. Since there wasn't much support to the study. I did start using niacin a short time later again.
I remembered when i asked my dad to take niacin along with lipitor and he got severe side effects like hot flash and sweating.
We should take either one of them.
When i took lipitor for a month, i got improvement in erections like really good. I also did blood work and my cholesterol was low and it got back high right after quitting. Dint even take 2 weeks.

fifty

Niacin is trash for me. I took it once before a workout and felt so bad I had to go home. “Niacin flush” more like niacin headache/nausea.

Vince

Super Moderator
I remembered when i asked my dad to take niacin along with lipitor and he got severe side effects like hot flash and sweating.
We should take either one of them.
When i took lipitor for a month, i got improvement in erections like really good. I also did blood work and my cholesterol was low and it got back high right after quitting. Dint even take 2 weeks.
Yes, that's very common. That's why people use endur-acin or slow-niacin. Pure niacin you get a niacin flush and stomach irritation.
Endur-Acin Side Effects by Likelihood and Severity
COMMON side effects

If experienced, these tend to have a Less Severe expression

• Cough
  • Diarrhea
  • Indigestion
  • Itching
  • Nausea
  • Temporary Redness Of Face And Neck
  • Vomiting

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors