Do I Have Primary or Secondary Hypogonadism?

Buy Lab Tests Online

LakeGuy81

Pre-TRT, my FSH was 3.9 in a range of 1.5-12.4 (mIU/ml) from Lab Corp. LH wasn't tested, but TSH was 2.81 with range .450-4.500. Total T was 292 out of 348-1197. Because my FSH was on the lower range, does that mean I am secondary? I was never told anything by the doctor, who was horrible, and one of the reasons I quit TRT. I'm 36 years old, about 220 lbs, and am trying to figure out what has caused my T to be low in the first place.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BigBamBoo

You will have to wait for other to chime in on your first question.

As to why....do you drink, drink soft drinks or energy drinks, use drugs (prescription or other drugs), smoke, eat lots of fast food, boxed meals, or otherwise crap food...soy based foods?

If yes, to any of those above, coupled with a lazy lifestyle....that can all lead to low T.

Or...you could just be unlucky and have low T.

Systemlord

The last 10 years doctor have been seeing men of all ages diagnosed with low testosterone and it's an epidemic sweeping the world, chemicals are turning young men into women and young women into men, we now have 17 different categories of sex on Facebook.

100 years ago this was unheard of in the world, it all started after the industrial revolution, leaded gas and all these chemical we are exposed to eat and breath. Microplastics in our stools, pesticides in our food and processed foods. Mosquitoes eating plastic and creating new food chains...

You want to know what caused your low testosterone, get in line because I don't think it's just one things, but a multitude of things.

Your TRT protocol must have been terrible without proper testing.

captain

Traumatic brain injury is another cause of low T. If you read about it you will find it don't take as much for it to happen as you would think. The ones with TBI I recall are usually lower than 292 TT.

Last edited:
I can't think of one person that corrected this or that "condition" and then had normal, natty, T levels. Though the notable absence of LH means your Dr is ignorant and you really can't draw much from FSH. And no Free T number? No Estradiol...no wonder you were so frustrated.

Vince

Super Moderator
I'll have to agree normally you should check the LH and FSH. I'm primary, my LH was way over the normal range.

Ronnny

Pre-TRT, my FSH was 3.9 in a range of 1.5-12.4 (mIU/ml) from Lab Corp. LH wasn't tested, but TSH was 2.81 with range .450-4.500. Total T was 292 out of 348-1197. Because my FSH was on the lower range, does that mean I am secondary? I was never told anything by the doctor, who was horrible, and one of the reasons I quit TRT. I'm 36 years old, about 220 lbs, and am trying to figure out what has caused my T to be low in the first place.

what is your Free T ? Your FSH looks ok. You should have checked your LH before FSH.

Last edited:

LakeGuy81

what is your Free T ? Your FSH looks ok. You should have checked your LH before FSH.

Below is total T and free T from a recent test. Unfortunately the doctor didn't test Free T when the FSH sample was collected, and then the next doctor didn't collect FSH when the values below were taken. :( I guess I am just wondering whether I should look into the hypothyroid angle, and maybe supplement with iodine to reduce TSH, before I start injecting again. I plan to go with Defy the next time I go on TRT, if I need to. Only being 36, I am trying everything possible to not do TRT and I only want to inject T again as a last resort.

Total T was 304 (249-836) and Free T was 6.09 (4.5-25.00) just a few weeks ago. Those values are off TRT, I haven't been taking anything since March.

Ronnny

Below is total T and free T from a recent test. Unfortunately the doctor didn't test Free T when the FSH sample was collected, and then the next doctor didn't collect FSH when the values below were taken. :( I guess I am just wondering whether I should look into the hypothyroid angle, and maybe supplement with iodine to reduce TSH, before I start injecting again. I plan to go with Defy the next time I go on TRT, if I need to. Only being 36, I am trying everything possible to not do TRT and I only want to inject T again as a last resort.

Total T was 304 (249-836) and Free T was 6.09 (4.5-25.00) just a few weeks ago. Those values are off TRT, I haven't been taking anything since March.

are you on any kind of medication? your T does not look too low and no endo/PCP or GP will treat you for low T with this level unless you can convince your doctor that you have low T symptoms.

Check your thyroid also. Thyroid problem and Low T symptoms almost same.Get your LH level checked if you can.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching