discarding my 10ml vial after 28days more than half full...??

Buy Lab Tests Online
My long term protocol is 75mg x2 each week which is from a 10ml vial of enanthate...I always feel it is such a waste to discard so much testosterone each month because the advice is always to discard after 28days of first use...Does anyone else feel the same..?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

My long term protocol is 75mg x2 each week which is from a 10ml vial of enanthate...I always feel it is such a waste to discard so much testosterone each month because the advice is always to discard after 28days of first use...Does anyone else feel the same..?

There's feeling then there is thinking. Plenty of discussion of this topic here if you search for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MIP1950

I use it until it's gone, which is 10 weeks(5 ml vial). When I'd get them from my insurance plan online pharmacy, it said discard after 28 days. Uh-h, right. More like they're covering their legal behind.

BJE

I always use the full vial. In fact due to controlled substance laws I’m only allowed to refill my prescription every 70 days.

MIP1950

Interesting. My insurance mail order pharmacy would send me refills every six weeks, predicated on their recommendation to throw away the vial after 28 days. At one time I had 4 unopened vials while still using one of the two they'd previously sent. Not abusing it, either. Only injecting what my doctor and I had discussed.

JohnKR

I just filled a 2000 mg/10 mL vial and no where does it specify to discard after 28 days. I went back in to the pharmacy and asked the pharmacist and he varified it was not specified and to not discard it until it was done. I will see the RN next week and clarify with her. Has the FDA recently made a change to this policy?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
If the manufacturer doesn't specify then the default beyond-use date is 28 days after the first puncture. While many of us have gone way beyond this, there's always a small chance of getting into trouble. The standard comes from the United States Pharmacopeia, and is enforced by federal law. From one of the threads referenced by @readalot above:

Prescription and over-the-counter medicines available in the United States must, by federal law, meet USP-NF public standards, where such standards exist.

Directly from the USP:
Multiple-Dose Container: (see 659) A multiple-unit container for articles or preparations intended for parenteral administration only and usually containing antimicrobial preservatives. The beyond-use date (BUD) for an opened or entered (e.g., needle-punctured) multiple-dose container with antimicrobial preservatives is 28 days (see Antimicrobial Effectiveness Testing 51), unless otherwise specified by the manufacturer.
https://www.uspnf.com/sites/default/files/usp_pdf/EN/USPNF/revisions/gc-797-rb-notice-20200424.pdf

T

tareload

Well here's a little anecdote. Was having massive anxiety off TRT and played around with troches for a few weeks to try pulsing T. Quite a half assed attempt if I am being critical. In the ER twice with panic attacks and exercise intolerance. Not fun.

So I am on week 3 back on T Cyp. Now I could have opened a new vial but I still had more than half of a 10 ml vial I opened in Oct 2021. I had quit using this vial in Feb 2022 when I stopped TRT. So I went back and started using this vial again. No issues.

Now I am not recommending you use a 9 month old vial (elapsed duration since first draw) but just wanted to share that the pharma TC vial (TC+BA+BB in cottonseed oil) with proper aseptic technique can last for quite a while. FYI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vince

Super Moderator
Well here's a little anecdote. Was having massive anxiety off TRT and played around with troches for a few weeks to try pulsing T. Quite a half assed attempt if I am being critical. In the ER twice with panic attacks and exercise intolerance. Not fun.

So I am on week 3 back on T Cyp. Now I could have opened a new vial but I still had more than half of a 10 ml vial I opened in Oct 2021. I had quit using this vial in Feb 2022 when I stopped TRT. So I went back and started using this vial again. No issues.

Now I am not recommending you use a 9 month old vial (elapsed duration since first draw) but just wanted to share that the pharma TC vial (TC+BA+BB in cottonseed oil) with proper aseptic technique can last for quite a while. FYI.
I agree with you and believe you made the right choice. In still using your vial of testosterone.

T

tareload

10 months now in and out of same vial. Probably one more injection left. Keep swabbing :) .

T

tareload

10 months now in and out of same vial. Probably one more injection left. Keep swabbing :) .
Well I had to say goodbye to the 10.5 month old (since opened) vial of Actavis TestCyp. In and out over 10.5 months and no issues injecting DG and shoulder with proper technique.

Now on to the TC/TP blend just to try it out.

Current: 0.25 ml (200 mg/ml) twice weekly (100 mg/week) of TC 4: TP 1 blend in GSO.

Jerajera

Swtiched back to Test C after a few trials of Test P and compounded cream.

I started using a half full vial of Test C I stopped using at least 8 months ago. Zero issues.

As long as the vial is kept in a dark and dry place (I always put my vials back in the box for extra protection against light), the Test probably stays close to 100% potency for years, even after it's been punctured.

T

tareload

Another Public Service Announcement for you curious chaps who take a "single use" 1 mL test ester vial, use half of it, then throw the other "half" away. I have measured the volume in multiple "single use" vials of "1 mL" Sun Pharma 200 mg/ml and confirmed they actually contain between 1.1 - 1.15 mL of solution (within my level of measurement accuracy).

So if you are using 0.5 mL (100 mg) and throwing the rest away your waste is > 50%. Extremely inefficient. No wonder the planet needs saving (LOL). This confirms what I've heard that these vials are typically 10% overfilled.

I don't do that. I use all the solution in each vial over multiple uses.

For you TOT/Testosterone abusers...that's 220-230 mg test cypionate per vial. Happy cruising.

Another fun fact to share at your next cocktail party. Enjoy.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me