Differences Between LabCorp and Quest Sensitive Estradiol and Testosterone Lab Test Ranges

Buy Lab Tests Online

Johnny Swole

The Labcorp results are from January and the Quest results are from this week. The ranges they use are different so I’m not sure how to compare them. Do these seem pretty much in line? Especially the “Free Test” difference.
Quest is the one in color, FYI

Also, how do you guys feel about the E2 at 45?

Attachments

• BBF8A70F-73A0-42B9-A134-F079CCDAB9F4.jpeg
    BBF8A70F-73A0-42B9-A134-F079CCDAB9F4.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 456
  • D037FB70-A78F-44BB-9065-4EC450C51FEE.jpeg
    D037FB70-A78F-44BB-9065-4EC450C51FEE.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 470
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Both labs are pretty good to me. You had the right estradiol test and your levels are under 60, so no reason to treat at that level. You could lower testosterone dose if you like, but I don't think it's necessary. Some men feel good at higher levels and some feel good at lower testosterone levels.

Johnny Swole

Both labs are pretty good to me. You had the right estradiol test and your levels are under 60, so no reason to treat at that level. You could lower testosterone dose if you like, but I don't think it's necessary. Some men feel good at higher levels and some feel good at lower testosterone levels.

Right now I feel pretty damn good. I think this is my sweet spot. As far as lowering the test a little, would I do that because it's a bit over the normal range? Or to chase better results? Do you think this number is dangerous to be at for an extended amount of time, years, lifetime, etc?

Johnny Swole

When were the tests relative to injections?

I inject SubQ daily. 25mg of Test Prop. The days I have gotten my bloodwork I waited till after the blood draw to inject. So I'd say I had blood taken 24 hours after my last inject.
The January test was while I was running a little "extra". The April test was while running my TRT protocol to consistent perfection

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Right now I feel pretty damn good. I think this is my sweet spot. As far as lowering the test a little, would I do that because it's a bit over the normal range? Or to chase better results? Do you think this number is dangerous to be at for an extended amount of time, years, lifetime, etc?
No, I do not think your levels are too high. the only reason I said you could lower your test a little if you like, because some men just feel better at lower levels. If you feel this is your sweet spot or close to it, I wouldn't change a thing.

Johnny Swole

No, I do not think your levels are too high. the only reason I said you could lower your test a little if you like, because some men just feel better at lower levels. If you feel this is your sweet spot or close to it, I wouldn't change a thing.

Excellent!! Thank you for your help

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I answer this question here: Liver Values (AST/ALT) missing from new bloodwork

1. Is there a difference between Estradiol Sensitive and Estradiol Ultra Sensitive? Mine was 45 on both of my tests this year. The Labcorp range is 8.0-35.0 and the Quest range is < OR = 29 pg/mL.

There are the same test. Quest chose to call theirs ultrasensitive. Lab ranges mean nothing for estradiol except for the lowest value which we know from studies should not be low (approx 15 pg/ml) due to bone loss.

For men with testosterone under 675 ng/dL (NHANES cohort), these were median estradiol levels (measured by ECLIA, not sensitive test).

mean total estradiol in men.jpg

Source: Age-Specific Serum Total and Free Estradiol Concentrations in Healthy Men in US Nationally Representative Samples

If we assume that sensitive E2 may be lower than regular by 20% in healthy men, then assume a max median E2 by LC/MS of 30 mg/mL for TT under 700 ng/dl.

This study also shows the predicted (ECLIA) estradiol for different T blood levels:

testosterone estradiol DHT.jpg

Predicted Estradiol and DHT from Different Testosterone Doses

2. On the free Test, the Labcorp range is 6.8-21.5 and mine in January was 27.2. On the Quest test last week my result was 334.6 and the range is 35.0-155.0 pg/mL

Free Testosterone is about 2% of total. Just multiply your total T by 0.20 to get to what your expected free T is.

I tend to agree more with Quest's free testosterone range. I had sent several emails to LabCorp to complain about their low and narrow range but they never addressed it.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I inject SubQ daily. 25mg of Test Prop. The days I have gotten my bloodwork I waited till after the blood draw to inject. So I'd say I had blood taken 24 hours after my last inject.
The January test was while I was running a little "extra". The April test was while running my TRT protocol to consistent perfection
If your response to propionate is similar to mine and that of a couple other guys on the forum then you are possibly experiencing some extreme daily variations in serum testosterone. Basically, your peak testosterone could be something like three times your trough value, putting it around 2,000-3,000 ng/dL. You can confirm this by taking a measurement around 2-3 hours post-injection.

This highlights the problem I had with propionate. If you adjust the dose to attain a reasonable peak testosterone then the trough level may be too low.

Johnny Swole

If your response to propionate is similar to mine and that of a couple other guys on the forum then you are possibly experiencing some extreme daily variations in serum testosterone. Basically, your peak testosterone could be something like three times your trough value, putting it around 2,000-3,000 ng/dL. You can confirm this by taking a measurement around 2-3 hours post-injection.

This highlights the problem I had with propionate. If you adjust the dose to attain a reasonable peak testosterone then the trough level may be too low.

Interesting! I have one vial of Prop left and was planning on ordering Cyp for next time.
So you're saying because of the short half life of Prop that the daily fluctuations will be higher than with a longer ester like Cyp?
I have one vial of Prop left and was planning on ordering Cyp for next time. Would using Cyp daily keep the peaks and troughs closer to each other?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Interesting! I have one vial of Prop left and was planning on ordering Cyp for next time.
So you're saying because of the short half life of Prop that the daily fluctuations will be higher than with a longer ester like Cyp?
I have one vial of Prop left and was planning on ordering Cyp for next time. Would using Cyp daily keep the peaks and troughs closer to each other?
Yes, I get serum testosterone variations of around 50% above and below the average with daily propionate, and this is due to its short apparent half-life of around 19 hours. With every-other-day enanthate or cypionate I see virtually no variation. These longer esters have half-lives that are around five days.

I'm currently operating between these two extremes, taking about half my testosterone as daily propionate and the rest as E3D enanthate. This provides a daily variation of +/-25% about the average, which is in line with diurnal variations seen in young men.

Johnny Swole

Yes, I get serum testosterone variations of around 50% above and below the average with daily propionate, and this is due to its short apparent half-life of around 19 hours. With every-other-day enanthate or cypionate I see virtually no variation. These longer esters have half-lives that are around five days.

I'm currently operating between these two extremes, taking about half my testosterone as daily propionate and the rest as E3D enanthate. This provides a daily variation of +/-25% about the average, which is in line with diurnal variations seen in young men.

Do you think there would be any difference between every day Cyp and EOD Cyp? I was doing every day to help mitigate E2

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Do you think there would be any difference between every day Cyp and EOD Cyp? I was doing every day to help mitigate E2
I doubt there would be much difference, and it's unlikely to be anything you would detect subjectively. On an EOD protocol I would basically measure the same testosterone levels on the off day as when I tested immediately pre-injection. The difference is a few percent at most.

GreenMachineX

Maybe this is part of my issue. Months ago, on EOD test cyp, trough was 537 and 24 hours after shot was 884, so my total T dropped 350 points in 24 hours. Perhaps why I'm struggling to get dialed in so bad.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Maybe this is part of my issue. Months ago, on EOD test cyp, trough was 537 and 24 hours after shot was 884, so my total T dropped 350 points in 24 hours. Perhaps why I'm struggling to get dialed in so bad.
The problem with these numbers is that they reflect a half-life for cypionate of 1.4 days, which is unusually low compared to the nominal figure of 5 days. It's not impossible, but I'd want to see similar results on a repeat test for more certainty.

GreenMachineX

The problem with these numbers is that they reflect a half-life for cypionate of 1.4 days, which is unusually low compared to the nominal figure of 5 days. It's not impossible, but I'd want to see similar results on a repeat test for more certainty.
Gotcha. Maybe one day if I determine daily protocol isn't working anymore. As an update, I did 13mg yesterday morning and slept fantastic last night. It's been 8 days of 0-4 hours sleep until I did that. If shbg also acts a carrier to get hormones into the cell, then possibly low shbg guys like me might need higher free t levels?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
... If shbg also acts a carrier to get hormones into the cell, then possibly low shbg guys like me might need higher free t levels?
It's a plausible hypothesis, although it's also suggested that estrogenic activity is too high relative to androgenic activity. In this case higher free testosterone would also mean higher free estradiol and perhaps no improvement in the relative amount of androgenic activity. It's still speculation at this point.

On a more practical level, don't forget that it takes weeks to months for your body to fully adapt to dose changes.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me