Difference between ECLIA (Regular) vs LC/MS (Sensitive) Estradiol Test Methods

Buy Lab Tests Online

manz

Hello.
i read many articles saying LC/MS is really more accurate system for hormon blod test.
But this method is not available in a lot of country.

Sensitive Estradiol Blood Test: The Only Accurate Assay for Men

In Italy there is not ONE lab that use this method.
Most part of Lab use ECLIA only.

is it possible to have an indicative percentage of deviation between the values about TT and E2?
I have read Nelson some time ago but I can't find it.
Thank you all

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I found an interesting paper that may help men outside the US where the LC/MS sensitive estradiol test is not available (attached file for registered members)

Comparison of serum testosterone and estradiol measurements
in 3174 European men using platform immunoassay (IA) and mass
spectrometry; relevance for the diagnostics in aging men

Abstract
Background: The limitations of serum testosterone and estradiol (E2) measurements using non extraction platform immunoassays (IAs) are widely recognized. Switching to more specific mass spectrometry (MS)-based methods has been advocated, but directly comparative data on the two methods are scarce.
Methods: We compared serum testosterone and E2measurements in a large sample of middle-aged/elderly men using a common platform IA and gas chromatography (GC)–MS method, in order to assess their limitations and advantages, and to diagnose male hypogonadism. Of subjects from the European MaleAging Study (nZ3174; age 40–79 years), peripheral serum testosterone and E2 were analyzed using established commercial platform IAs (Roche Diagnostics E170) and in-house GC–MS methods.
Results: Over a broad concentration range, serum testosterone concentration measured by IA and MSshowed high correlation, which was less robust in the hypogonadal range. The IA/MS correlation was weaker in E2 measurements. Using MS as the comparator method, IA ascertained low testosterone compatible with hypogonadism(<11 nmol/l), with 75% sensitivity and 96.3% specificity. The same parameters with IA for the detection of low E2
(!40.7 pmol/l) were 13.3 and 99.3%, and for high E2 (>120 pmol/l) 88.4 and 88.6%.
Conclusion: A validated platform IA is sufficient to detect subnormal testosterone concentrations in the diagnosis of male hypogonadism. The used for E2 measurements showed poor correlation with MS and may only be suitable for the detection of high E2 in men.

European Journal of Endocrinology 166 983–991

It seems that the mean difference between the two E2 tests was 30% (higher for IA test)

sensitive vs immunoassay estradiol test difference.jpg

sensitive vs regular estradiol test difference.jpg

Attachments

• sensitive versus regular estradiol test in men.pdf
    7.9 MB · Views: 148

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Sensitive Estradiol Ranges in Post Menopausal Women and Men (not on TRT)
sensitive estradiol ranges in postmenopausal women and men.jpg

Max estradiol in men in this table 186 pmol/L= 51 pg/mL

To convert from pmol/L to pg/mL: Estradiol pg/mL pmol/L Unit Conversion -- EndMemo

Estradiol reference intervals in women during the menstrual cycle, postmenopausal women and men using an LC-MS/MS method
Verdonk, Sara J.E ; Vesper, Hubert W ; Martens, Frans ; Sluss, Patrick M ; Hillebrand, Jacquelien J ; Heijboer, Annemieke C
Clinica Chimica Acta, August 2019, Vol.495, pp.198-204

Attachments

• sensitive estradiol in men and post menopausal women.pdf
    690.1 KB · Views: 119
Hello.
i read many articles saying LC/MS is really more accurate system for hormon blod test.

is it possible to have an indicative percentage of deviation between the values about TT and E2?
Thank you all
Hi did you find a solu
Hello.

Thank you all
hi did you find a solution? I live in Switzerland and only have access to eclia

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale