Did you get high blood pressure on TRT and how did you manage it?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Beken

I've been struggling with high blood pressure since I started TRT. I'm super sensitive to testosterone. I had to scale down to 9mg every other day. Anything higher will give me constant high blood pressure, pulse, headache and insomnia. I am doing better at my current protocol but I still get really high blood pressure, chest pain and headaches about 10 hours after my shot. I feel a lot better on my off days. I'm convinced that I am having a reaction to the testosterone cypionate and I'm looking into changing esters or oils.

What have you had success with....? Thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Let’s first try to understand why your blood pressure is elevated, obesity, and generally being unhealthy can raise the blood pressure especially on TRT when your asking more from your body when it in a state of dysfunction.

Beken

I am defiantly 30-40 pounds overweight. Before I started TRT my normal pressure was 130/80. I take 20mg of Lisinopril everyday. My levels pre TRT were 168TT and 2.9 FT.
I'm a contractor by trade and I was barely making it through the day. My body was not responding to light exercise or diet.... hence finally getting on TRT.

The good news is that my insulin resistance is getting way better... I barely desire or eat sweets anymore. I also have the desire to workout and ride my bike. I want to get checked out by the doctor before I do too much because I had to go to the hospital with wild heart flutters and an urgent care when my blood pressure got up to 190/110. I still get weird heart flutters. I getting a full 'Spectracell' blood test that test something like 39 vitamins and minerals to see if I am deficient. (since vitamin deficiencies can be the culprit in many cases)

After Covid I got a B1 (thiamine) deficiency that lead to insomnia.

My dad had a quadruple bypass when he was 55 and my mom had a heart murmur/ high blood pressure.

Today my blood pressure was 155/100 8 hours after my shot... which caused chest pain and anxiety. I just took my pressure before going to bed... and it was 129/76.

Something about that damn shot.... raises my BP exactly 8-10 hours after administration when it is peaking.

I had to change my protocol from ED to EOD because I felt too 'saturated'... I noticed I felt way better when I took a day off.

Systemlord

I still get weird heart flutters. I getting a full 'Spectracell' blood test that test something like 39 vitamins and minerals to see if I am deficient. (since vitamin deficiencies can be the culprit in many cases)
So do I or I did because I’m a type two diabetic, and had multiple deficiencies. I had Iron, vitamin D, potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin K deficiency.

So when I started supplementing vitamin D, it drove my vitamin K deficiency into overdrive, because vitamin D depletes vitamin K in magnesium for which my doctor was completely unaware.

I find the iron, potassium and vitamin D affect my blood pressure tremendously. If either one of these is low normal, my blood pressure goes up.

My blood pressure before my phlebotomies is 113/67 and 67 bpm. I’m on a beta-blocker as well and Jardiance.

Systemlord

I noticed I felt way better when I took a day off.
I think you’re burning through something because TRT increases your metabolism, stepping on the gas pedal a little harder and therefore burning through stuff faster.

So what you perceive to be a sensitivity to testosterone may actually be a vitamin or mineral that is borderline low. For someone with insulin resistance, this can wreak havoc.

Last edited:

Beken

How did you discover that you were low on those vitamins?

Are you taking a K vitamin with your D now?

I am finding that typical western medicine only test for a few things like magnesium, potassium and sodium. My primary looked at me like I had three heads when I told him that I wanted a complete panel.

I have to pay out of pocket...

Systemlord

How did you discover that you were low on those vitamins?
Countless trips to the ER. I was going into periodic convulsions. This coincided with my injections which was depleting iron which was already deficient at the time.

Are you taking a K vitamin with your D now?
Yes, 300 mcg daily along with 6000 IU D3. If I miss a single dose of vitamin K, I experience the symptoms of calcification within a short few hours.

I am finding that typical western medicine only test for a few things like magnesium, potassium and sodium. My primary looked at me like I had three heads when I told him that I wanted a complete panel.
Western medicine is incredibly short-sighted by design. Each time I went to the ER the nurses kept telling me all my labs are normal, what they should’ve said was only the labs that they’re testing are normal.

I’ll let you in on a little secret, western medicine has a conflict of interest, they make money when people are coming in with health problems and require medical care/surgeries.

Last edited:

Gladiator

Tadalafil is the magic pill for a lot of people.
Just tell your doctor your dick don’t work. Good for prostate health and other things

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Vince

Super Moderator
I've been struggling with high blood pressure since I started TRT. I'm super sensitive to testosterone. I had to scale down to 9mg every other day. Anything higher will give me constant high blood pressure, pulse, headache and insomnia. I am doing better at my current protocol but I still get really high blood pressure, chest pain and headaches about 10 hours after my shot. I feel a lot better on my off days. I'm convinced that I am having a reaction to the testosterone cypionate and I'm looking into changing esters or oils.

What have you had success with....? Thoughts?
I would check your magnesium levels or at least supplement magnesium because of your heart flutters. I know a few men that had the same issue and once they started supplementing with magnesium it stopped. Also make sure your Coq-10 levels are good. Especially if you're on a cholesterol med. Statin it will lower your coq-10.

Beken

Were you doing fine on TRT before Covid?
I've only been on TRT for about 9 weeks.

Did the heart flutters start before or after you had Covid?
I had a few heart flutters before I starred TRT. But now I have them on a regular basis. I'm going to a functional health doctor in December to get extensive blood work done including a panel that checks 39 vitamins and minerals.

Beken

Quick update... I need to wait several more weeks to get bloodwork. However I went to donate blood last night because my chest always felt 'full' with anxiety and I noticed some minor labored breathing when I was lying down. My iron levels were 18.8. I just missed the cut off of 19.0. The blood donation took a lot out of me last night... but I feel much better. If my hemoglobin was up I assume my hematocrit levels were up too. I'll wait a few days to take any serious blood pressures because I know blood donations can make things a bit wonky. I feel good though.

I've only been on TRT for 68 days. Of course the first 50 days I was on in-between 10mg and 24mg a day. Now I'm on 10mg EOD (5mg a day) with some success.

I went to a naturopath yesterday as well. He prescribed some supplements.... we'll see.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me