DHEA: When To Take, Morning/Night & Dosage Protocol?

Buy Lab Tests Online

JYD21

I'm doing a pre-TRT protocal to get my levels up naturally before looking at TRT options. My doc suggested a few things, one being 25mg of DHEA nightly for 4-6 weeks as my E2 and DHEA were a bit on the low side:

ESTRADIOL 17 < OR = 39 pg/mL IG
DHEA SULFATE 148 61-442 mcg/dL

He said to take it at night, and I told him I've read it keeps some dudes up a night and they take it during the day. Just seeing what you all suggest. I plan to take 10mg this evening about an hour before bed.

Thoughts? Experiences? Suggestions on this protocol?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Fortunate

I'm doing a pre-TRT protocal to get my levels up naturally before looking at TRT options. My doc suggested a few things, one being 25mg of DHEA nightly for 4-6 weeks as my E2 and DHEA were a bit on the low side:

ESTRADIOL 17 < OR = 39 pg/mL IG
DHEA SULFATE 148 61-442 mcg/dL

He said to take it at night, and I told him I've read it keeps some dudes up a night and they take it during the day. Just seeing what you all suggest. I plan to take 10mg this evening about an hour before bed.

Thoughts? Experiences? Suggestions on this protocol?
I have taken it over a few different stretches of time. Most recently, I realized it was making me extraordinarily fatigued during the day. It’s hard to believe I was taking this in the past and probably was really tired and didn’t know why. Because of this, I would generally take it at night.

That said, I have also noticed that it absolutely destroys my mood and puts me in a dark place. It’s too bad, because I want it to work.

TorontoTRT

Dhea for me is weird. Even 25 mg a day makes me break out in acne, and makes me very angry and snappy. And nothing positive. So I stopped.

Vince

Super Moderator
I also take it at night, I don't know if it makes a difference with me but some people say it helps you sleep.

I'm interested in seeing what results you get. I believe when a man is not a TRT and supplements with DHEA your estrogen will increase but your testosterone will go down. You will convert your testosterone into estrogen.

Please post your results.

Gianluca

I have to take it in the am otherwise it will keep my brain too active at night and disrupt sleep. I was recently using a SR version in the am, and it was still disturbing my sleep.

Generally, adrenal's hormones should be taken in the am

JYD21

I have taken it over a few different stretches of time. Most recently, I realized it was making me extraordinarily fatigued during the day. It’s hard to believe I was taking this in the past and probably was really tired and didn’t know why. Because of this, I would generally take it at night.

That said, I have also noticed that it absolutely destroys my mood and puts me in a dark place. It’s too bad, because I want it to work.
After just 4 days, I am stopping. I tried morning, night, and my mood tanked, really bad. I am willing to try it again, but not right now.

I appreciate all of y'alls input.

@Vince , thanks for always replying to my posts. This is a learning journey. I'm going back to my doc to look at our other options for my pre-trt protocol: boron, b-complex every other day, deep sleep/more routine, back off heavy lifting for now, de-stress completely.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me