Dhea supplements and hypertension or

Buy Lab Tests Online

Rabbit91476

Can dhea supplementation cause hypertension. I started 25 mg/day about three weeks ago. No I don’t have labs yet. Yes I know blood pressure increase can be multifaceted. Three days ago I drank to much I I assumed it was that. But it’s been 36 hours with out alcohol and my blood pressure is averaging 15 pts higher than normal. Sup now 148-1160. . And I’m just curious is the dhea could be playing a small role

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BigTex

I have heard of a few anecdotal reports of increases but it appears this meta-analysis of randomized clinical trialsl found the opposite. Might be a good idea to stop taking it and see if your blood pressure returns to normal.

Wang F, He Y, O Santos H, Sathian B, C Price J, Diao J. The effects of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) supplementation on body composition and blood pressure: A meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials. Steroids. 2020 Nov;163:108710. doi: 10.1016/j.steroids.2020.108710. Epub 2020 Jul 31. PMID: 32745490.

Abstract​

Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) supplementation has been anecdotally considered as a tool to improve body composition and health status. We aimed to verify the impact of DHEA supplementation on traditional measurements of body composition and blood pressure (BP) due to their clinical applicability. A meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials was conducted based on the Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Review and Meta-Analyses (PRISMA) guidelines. Regarding anthropometric characteristics, DHEA supplementation did not change body weight (weighted mean difference (WMD): -0.16 kg, 95% CI: -1.02 to 0.70, p = 0.72) or body mass index (WMD: -0.18 kg/m2, 95% CI: -0.48 to 0.12, p = 0.24), but increased lean body mass (WMD: 0.45 kg, 95% CI: 0.15 to 0.75, p = 0.004) and decreased fat mass (WMD: -0.85%, 95% CI: -1.18 to -0.51, p = 0.000), when compared to control groups. Neither systolic (WMD: 0.98 mm Hg, 95% CI: -2.31 to 4.29, p = 0.56) nor diastolic BP were significantly changed (WMD: -1.62 mm Hg, 95% CI: -5.49 to 2.24, p = 0.49). Our findings demonstrate that DHEA supplementation increased lean body mass and decreased fat mass, but debate persists when translating the results into clinical benefit. Lastly, DHEA supplementation had a neutral effect on BP.

BigTex

I think the problem with DHEA is levels peak between ages 20 and 30, then decline at a rate of roughly 5% every year as we grow older. Seems having low DHEA levels is where the problems start. Probably a good idea to find out what your DHEA-S levels are before making the decision to use DHEA supplements or not. Having levels towards the high end of normal are probably not a bad idea.

Shawn

are you still using DHEA? did the hypertension resolve on its own? i believe this is a side effect of either DHT -> CNS stimulation or estrogen -> edema.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me